Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bcduggan, Dec 9, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sliders

With WR catch being 50, I see receivers catching everything, esp cpu receivers.

That really needs to be lowered. This should be 40.

Also for those who say ints are too low I am seeing a lot of ints as well, however, pass coverage is too high for both.

About run ability and run block, if its over 50 esp on heisman, the backs and blockers tend to have "super human" abilities. If most of the long runs were clean then the run blocking may be too high. If there were too many broken tackles in the game the RB ability is too high.

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I agree that something needs to be done about CPU running. Maybe it's just the bad defenses of our teams, but they do seem to have some super human abilities.

3. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I need to look at stats again but I don't think they had a really long run against me.

4. Jam.

Indiana had about 3 really long runs against me...I'm scared at the thought of facing Mark Ingram next week, haha.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Right now our games are averaging out to be 40-30 in favor of the users. Thats not too bad. I think last season we were probably closer to winning by 15-20. Its too early to say for sure but it seems like the sliders are giving us tighter games.

I personally would rather deal with robo QB or RB than have our average margin of victory be in the 20's. I have yet to see any sliders anywhere that produce realistic gameplay, stats, and scoring for every user. The CPU playcalling and QB decision making is so bad at times you have to beef it up to have a close outcome.

Just my 2 cents...

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I agree with your statement about beefing up the AI. The best sliders I have came across to be my favorite are the ones in Saturday Heroes and now in the Evolution.

7. Jam.

I agree with both of you guys, Robo QB and RB may be necessary...it is frustrating, though haha.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Quite honestly, I'm not content with how my game ended. Not because I lost but because the cpu tried to run up the score.

If the CPU plays realistically I lose by at least 17 points.

I have played 5 games with these sliders, and this is what I am seeing:

CPU receivers not dropping any passes

both user and cup pass coverage too high, this causes the interceptions that are made by questionable coverage

I will talk rushing after I check stats again.

9. onaradio34

I just checked those sliders out...quite different than ours. I see most of the teams are much better than ours. Do you still have close games vs the CPU?

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah i havent seen a blowout. This week in evo we had 4 guys lose....here are the matchups and scores, they were all really close

Northern Illinois (forever9724) lost to Toledo 33-31
    Bowling Green (ryty32) lost to Eastern Michigan 38-36
    Buffalo lost to Miami (Oh) 17-14
    Idaho (milmontpa) lost to Boise St 59-56

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Lee> Did you change pass coverage before I played my game last night? When I complained about it, the sliders you gave me it was at 50 for both. If yes, I am ok with pass coverage. My post here was a general reference of all 5 games.

Thanks

Brian

12. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Only thing Im seeing :

1. We can move our Rush Defense Up to 45 and Tackling up to 55
    2. Lower WR catching to 40

I only played Duke... but I didn't see a problem with the run in that game. 25 att for 122 Yards seemed pretty realistic. If we bump up the Run D and Tackling, we need to make sure that the CPU is still able to stay competitive with us.

13. onaradio34

Lets play another week or 2 with what we got and see how the games go for now