Sliders

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Dec 23, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Sliders

Defensive Sliders need to be tweaked... the CPU D is swiss cheese at this point.. it's time to steepen the curve a bit don't you guys think?

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree....if someone can post the defensive sliders so we can discuss that would be fantastic!

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think we need to do something, we have really bad qbs as far as accuracy goes lighting it up.

Fred misses some passes here and there but not enough for a qb with 83 acc I think.

Does anyone have an idea for a set that have been tried and true? With good cpu results?

I have seen a few sets but they end up feeling more cheap then anything else, with the CPU's underratted Dline pouring through a very good oline.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Glad to see everyone coming around. I have been playing with adjusted sliders in the E-league..I think their sliders are mostly taken from what the Duece uses.

I have lost 2 CPU games...I play with Penn St in that league no slouch but also no Alabama.

My impressions of the sliders are good. You miss some passes now and then and if you make bad reads you pay. The CPU seems to be in better position so some of your reads you need to make sure they are open. The running game is fair. You make the reads you can gain yards but you need to be a better play caller. You cant just continuely run the same play. Also is nice every now and then to see your QB make a bad pass or on a big 3rd down your receiver might even drop the ball (not from a big hit). I've enjoyed the CPU games alot more cause you really need to pay attention. The pass rush is also fair. Its no diffrent than what I face when I play a user team if they zone up or strait man I have time. If they blitz gotta get rid of it. and sometimes my tackles miss blocks and its a sack.

Defensively the AI QB makes bad passes sometimes and the receivers drop balls but I have never felt like its ROBO QB for 32 minutes. You can stop the run but overcommitt or constantly go for big hits and the cpu backs will make you pay. Your DB's will drop a few picks with these settings but it works both ways.

The kicking game is HARD I have to be the worst kicker in that league i consistently miss FG's and extra points. Guess I should have signed a kicker instead of taking a walk on. But IMO its to difficult you must be very strait with the stick or you will miss.

The penalties are higher you see more calls being made. (which I like) but depends on your preferences.

Lastly remember these settings only effect CPU games, they have no bearing on User games. Me and Jello tested this so im confident with that assessment.

Overall, as you can tell I enjoy the slider set. You just might enjoy playing the CPU a little more.

What we have now is an utter joke.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Sliders just screw the game up. Save the competition for user games.

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

Sliders are for only against the CPU...They dont effect USER games...

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I know, smash the cpu and then have tight user games. Oh and if anyone is thinking varsity sliders Im going drop. :)

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

yeah I really don't care for the idea. People will just cheese more to beat the cpu and then this shit will filter over into the games even more than it does already,

but like I said give me the sliders and I'll put them in you're the commish.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

good points from all......i wouldn't mind a small tweak here and there. At this point I have given up on having challenging user games. I don't mind crushing them a bit.....but lets see how this thread plays out.

Ryno - Yes
    jfosh - yes
    Cole - no
    Helli - no
    jms - yes (very small tweak....I am against an overhaul)
    Bruce - yes
    Mo - yes
    Blaza - no
    Kinger -
    Mike R -
    Juggs -
    VaSteel -

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I wanna try fosh sliders he was mentioning

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm with Helli. Ultimately it becomes a race of "who can figure out the CPU's new weakness first."