SLIDERS??

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

SLIDERS??

Has anybody experimented with any.

The only tweaking I see so far is Man Coverage. CBs jump routes way to often and most of the time run the routes better than WRs.

I say we look at adjusting this.

Any other thoughts?

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'd say were on the right track...

3. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

whats up with the playaction glitch? my qb ran back 30 yards then his icon would come up? this happened to me today, i have seen it happen to my opponents before today

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

You didn't hear about the new rule regarding the moving line of scrimmage? Oh well...

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Sliders are almost fine I think. As I found in my game with Bates, once the defenders get tired their man coverage has huge holes. I'd say maybe knock down the man coverage a bit, but not much. I like the fact that man coverage is effective in a football video game for the first time ever!

6. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

The thing is if we can't knock the man coverage down without knocking down zone coverage as well. If we make slider adjustments, it should be so we don't have a easy win vs cpu...not so much for user vs user games. But no one is frustrated by the man coverage then I am. Maybe there are varsity sliders that would help?

And the PA glitch was supposed to be fixed in the patch but it wasn't.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sliders will affect play against CPU as against a user everything reverts to default setting except for threshold, difficulty, penalty sliders, and game speed. So when determining sliders consider your games vs the CPU only.

When considering user games, you can only adjust threshold, difficulty, and game speed, so think of issues you may see for that. For example, heisman difficulty would make CPU AI play much better in user games. So if you guys wanted to do that you could create sliders which make CPU games not too tough on Heisman (to avoid CB psychic routes and Robo QB.)

yeah there is a PA screen pass play that is glitched, try not to run that until it is patched.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

How does everyone feel about the game speed that affects the variation in speed between slow and fast players? Good? I have no issues with it, just trying to bring up potential adjustments that could be tweaked or left the same. Basically, I'm just trying to provoke some discussion. Being a Madden guy, I never really payed attention to all the fine details that NCAA has.

Thoughts?

9. Emmdotfrisk

What Sciko is talking about is the "threshold." Basically it dictates how fast a player gets to top speed according to accell. So if the threshold is lower, the time it takes a low accel player to get to full speed, compared to a high accel, is much slower. With a high threshold the time it takes is much shorter.

The threshold affects user games, so we have tested and found the following things...

1. Lower threshold results in LB's and DE's less effective at pass rush and man coverage.

2. RB's have been dominating avg. almost 7-10 yards a carry.

3.LB's have not been able to catch up to skilled players in open field pursuit when it is appropriate

4. Qb's have a tougher time scrambling in and out of the pocket.

5. CB's have a slightly more difficult time jumping routes when in man and in standing zone.

So all in all a lower threshold is a good thing, although it results in RB being KING. players like Jon Clay, Evan royster, Mark Ingram, LaMichael James, Quizz Rodgers are rushing for 200 yard games against user.

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Tangent...did you relinquish your spot in this league?

11. Jeremy

I will post a link to a thread about threshold testing. There is a site that converts NCAA speed rating to real-life 40 yd dash times.

It also links his suggested sliders and why he has them set where they are.

Gimme a few.

12. Emmdotfrisk

I did, I want everyone to experience how legit NCAA 11 is (y)

I'm already in 2 premier NCAA leagues and there was guys on the wait list, it was the right thing to do.

13. Emmdotfrisk

ooooh I would like to see this link

14. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Maybe you can help me with my passing game Frisk...How do I pass on a defense in man? This is severely limiting my enjoyment of this game.

15. Jeremy

There is NO WAY Mr. NCAA hasnt seen this before...:monkeybutt:

16. Jeremy

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?593-Oneback-s-Sliders

17. Emmdotfrisk

haha yeah for some reason the man defense this year is freakin pyschic. Ask dunlap how I passed all over his man in our game the other day (y)

haha on a real note there are some routes that work well in man...

1. Quick slant
    2. Deep streak with tall or fast WR
    3. drags

some routes NOT to run against man are...

1. Curls
    2. Outs (unless covered by a bigger LB)
    3. Deep Post

18. Emmdotfrisk

19. Jeremy

Isnt release(RLS) directly tied to getting off the line BNR coverage?

If so, then if both guys got a free release the test should prove good.

20. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Actually Dunlap was completing curls on me left and right in man coverage. I think he had the timing perfect.

21. Emmdotfrisk

well then again me and dunlap played on the normal 50 threshold setting, not sure what you are doing here. But other than that it does have to be the perfect timing.

22. Emmdotfrisk

You could be right, I was always under the impression that release tied into getting off the line in every scenario but I guess that would tie more into agility and accell.

23. Big D

Big D Walk On

I have tested the sliders tonight guys, and here is what I found with the suggested numbers (User #, CPU #)

I just played in an offline game and here are my thoughts on each part of these sliders:

QB Accuracy 25 40: Seemed like a very nice number. Both myself and CPU finished about 55-60% completions...right where it should be.

Pass Blocking 30 30: Initially I thought this would be too low, but it wasn't. 2 sacks for CPU, 3 sacks for user. I like this number.

WR Catching 50 50: Default settings are OK here.

RB Ability 45 55: This is the one where I might put the human RB ability up a bit (I believe it affects fumbles. Just way too many fubles in this game. However I ran for probably more yards than I should have with Washington State. So either leave this as is or bump it up 5-10 points for user. CPU was perfect...running backs had great vision and average 5 ypc.

Run Blocking 50 45: CPU again is perfect. They blocked well, but weren't unbeatable. I would probably bring down the USER number to 45. I ran for just too many yards, especially with Washington State. Now this may have been a fluke game, but I'd bring it down to 45 and go from there, or else rushing will be too easy.

Pass Converage 40 40: Finally man coverage actually had some holes! However it wasn't every play. I think this number is pretty much perfect. I love the fact that man coverage actually works in this game and I was wary of changing this too much. I think 40 is the perfect number. But DO NOT go any lower, or else man coverage might be useless in this game. 40-45 is perfect!

Pass Rush 50 50: No change needed from default settings.

Interceptions 35 35: No interceptions in this game, honestly a couple of throws probably should have been picked. I'd bump it up to 40-40. I like that there weren't any superman interceptions, but a bad throw is a bad throw and should be picked more often than not. 40-40 is what I'd suggest.

Rush Defense 30 35: USER number is great here. CPU average 5 ypc with a mediocre back (against my very bad rush defense). That seemed very realistic. CPU number needs to go up. I rushed for 165 wish my RB. Too much. Go to 40 with this number (maybe even 45). I'd say move to 40 and with the combination of bringing run blocking down this should make it more realistic.

Tackling 35 40: Boy user tackling was pretty bad, but I was playing with a bad team! Let's put this at 40-40. Way too many broken tackles by all the CPU guys. 40-45 with the USER number.

FG Power 10 10
    FG Accuracy 20 55
    Punt Power 50 55
    Punt Accuracy 40 50
    Kickoff Power 0 0: All these numbers are perfect. I missed two long field goals, which actually was cool to see. CPU missed a shorter one into the wind, but made two others.

Speed setting seemed perfect. Good separation between slow and fast players!

24. Jeremy

Great write-up Dunlap.

I say with go with your suggestions!!!

25. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

I love these sliders, now I have to restart my offline dynasty :(