Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sliders

Not to nag, but we should pick some out soon!

I really like All-American sliders, and the ones The Experience here on TF uses are really good. Also SN's from operation sports are good too.

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

The default ones are alright, but the kicking/punting power is a little overboard (even though my kicker STILL can't hit a 50 yard field goal).

I guess it just depends on how hard you want it to be on us.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

True, I guess I still see "TBD" and want to be a pest about it.

Ohhh the sad life I live...

4. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

haha, getting a slider set in sooner rather then later would be nice. That way we have time to tweak to the leagues liking. I for one always raise catching a bit, theirs way too many drops at default. And the speed threshold or whatever needs to be lowered to 35 ish.

Penalties need some tweaking too.

5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'd be up for putting catching higher. I'm practicing Kent vs BC...

It's halftime and my team has 10 drops. My QB is 13-36 right now.

About 10 more of those misses were because he overthrew the guys (2 interceptions in the endzone actually, because he missed the guys so badly)...

He's also thrown 3 balls to the completely wrong guys.

So frustrating. :(

6. QuietFool

QuietFool Walk On

I second Kasperson as it relates to SN's sliders - they are solid. However, I have a feeling that they would make our losses even more pronounced against better teams, who get a bump in pass coverage and running (meanwhile, we get a decrease in QB Accuracy). I think it is great for more balanced gameplay against comparable, or lesser, teams... but in our position, will make things a bit harder.

Still - we are supposed to be losing at this point... sliders may be a good idea since we will all probably start killing evenly-rated CPU opponents.

7. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

It is frustrating, but I don't think we want to make the game any easier on us. The point isn't necessarily to go undefeated. One of the ways that the game makes the ratings felt for certain positions is through dropped passes, over/under-thrown passes, blown-up blocks, etc. It's part of the experience of being a crappy team.

I think certain play styles are more apt to work than others, and that's probably the best approach to practicing right now. Figure out if there is any way you can find to use your particular strengths along with your players to come up with an effective game plan. I get as frustrated with taking 6 false starts, 10 dropped passes, and 5 sacks in a game as anyone else does, but if it weren't for that, I might win a game by 28 that I actually only won by 1 or even lost.

The only thing I would be concerned with would be things like unrealistic AI intelligence and play-making (and maybe kicking distance being too much). If it is just our players doing stupid things, that is to be expected. That's just my two cents.

8. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

I tested the SN sliders and agree they are more designed for games like USC vs Ohio State rather than Ball State vs Eastern Michigan type games. Never did much testing for Ball State vs USC type games, but i can only imagine how badly Ball State would get creamed.

Seems like droped balls are the most common complain so far. If you all want, play a few games, record the number of drops and post it, along with the catch/catch in trafic/spectacular catch raitings from the top 3 or 4 WRs on the depth chart. Because the pass D (particularly man coverage) is so tight, I imagine that CiT raiting is the most used...and at least for my players, its pretty low. Throwing into a tight window is a near automatic incomplete for me...my WRs have to be wide open to catch withany regularity.

9. shibdib

hey.. no need to hate on ball state :p

10. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

nothing against ball state...just the first team that came to mind :) Now...if you beat me a couple of times.....then there might be something about it :)

11. Wick36

I wouldn't adjust the sliders in our favor - a person who moves up would have much too easy of a time winning their games!

Just keep them as is until we need to make them more difficult.

12. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

The only thing I would change is make the computer able to pass against man coverage easier.

I have not looked at any of the sliders so I don't know what you would change to accomplish this.

13. shibdib

I dunno about this, maybe its just cause my secondary is terrible, but I need to play zone or I get burned every time

14. Wick36

This

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I say just go with SN's sliders, there is a reason they are widely accepted as a good set.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Were the new sliders in effect as of friday 10 pm PST? Just wondering what i played my game with.

17. sreese

sreese Walk On

We didnt change the sliders.

18. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Two games in, no penalties on either side of the ball. Deffinately think the sliders for those will have to be bumped up. And the "WR 'catches' the ball, takes 3 steps, and then 'drops' the ball when hit" needs to be counted as a fumble...but i don't know how to make that happen.

As far as the other sliders go..there dos need to be some sort of a change...it seems like we're either completely destroying the CPU...or they are killing us. there doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground.

19. QuietFool

QuietFool Walk On

I would be fine with SN's sliders, but I would lower CPU coverage from what he has (put it down to 55). That's the most common complaint with his sliders, and really All-American generally, is that CPU's man defense runs your routes before your receiver does.

May want to bump USER rushing from what SN has as well, he makes it tough. Just be aware that the net effect of using his sliders will mean more competitive games against CPU opponents who are evenly-matched talent wise (wise), but also will get us killed against much better opponents. But seeing some of the upsets we have had already, maybe that would be a good thing.

Are we able to do polls on this website?