Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jvigorous1, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Sliders

Can we bump up run blocking to +15 after this week is done with. I'm tired of CPU opposing teams defense 4-6 yards in my backfield before I even make a handoff. Having the oline just watch the defenders run by them because the sliders are on 0 is stupid ridiculous and very unrealistic IMO. Having to have to pass every play because it's impossible to run isn't fun to me. The only way I was able to beat the CPU is by getting lucky several times on defense and lucky passing the ball around. I've been looking at other user stats and everyone who faces the CPU seems to be having the same problem. 12 rushes for -15 yards is just nuts. I actually look forward to user games mainly because I know I am able to put up some type of rushing yards.

If we need to make the CPU harder please increase the CPU abilities lets not make the user players incapable.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

It's because the teams we have played so far are dominant ones. So when you start playing WAC teams and user teams you won't see Cal's dline blow past your OL. But if everyone else feels this way then we will have to respect your wishes and change.

3. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Run blocking was @ 10.

4. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

updated-fixed grammer and tone to originial post

5. T2

thank you.

Sliders are under examination. i'll keep everyone posted. I would like to see how everyone fairs once we get into the meat of the season..

6. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

I played Troy yesterday, it could be that my team and line is shittier than anything but i could only get 48 yards, one rush was 19yards..i get blown up alot in the back field and can't get anything going...but i dont know, my team is pretty bad..none of my blockers are above 80 rated, and my starting HB is 75, But Troy shouldn't be that much better

7. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

Also i played SMU the week before and couldnt get anything going

8. Emmdotfrisk

Thanks for the input indy, keep the suggestions comin!

9. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

no problem i'll do whatever to help the league...another stat from my game with Troy, i rushed 24 times for 1.5 yards per carry..nontheless i also had to abandon the running game and go strickly pass..I feel for Jvig cause i also have no confidence in the ability of the run game the way my blockers block..or the lack there of...

...however, i do look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks because i dont know if its just that my team is that bad or what.

10. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

If they are hammering away at your running game, throw in a draw every once in a while. It free'd up some running room for probably at least the next 2-3 series until they started buckling down again. That was one thing I found.

Mike

11. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

I dont know if that is the problem...in the 2 games ive played against competition close to my team's (SMU and Troy) i've run inside, outside, misdirection, draws and options. Not a whole lot going with any.

12. T2

i have noticed this problem but reading the threads where i pulled the sliders from and i havent seen much about people complaining the run game. but i dont think many are playing with low caliber teams. need to see how it fairs on level playing field. if you guys can post your rushing stats and info.

This is the format i want

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team # OF RUSHES TB OVR RATING OL RATINGS RUSHING YARDS

I have also read a few things of a lot of blitzing from CPU so that may be another issue. Lets see how they go now that we are moving in to conference play. I will make a decision next week. Unless you can guys can convince frisk to change anything, since his running the show while i take a week off.

13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

You put that guy in charge? USU for Natty!!!

Mike

14. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

The computer is already hard enough without giving them all the advantage. Course my team has no running game so i can't give a great example. for teams like Troy and other known that have a good running game it can be very frustrating. I use a set of sliders that really work well without being to much Computer Advantage. I got this set from the Old Gridiron Gladiators before it went bye-bye. it really works well on cause it still makes the games compatative. I've played many games and had only 1 blowout. everything else i've won by 10 or 7. so Frisk let me know if u want me to pm the sliders to u or we can chat on AIM if u like.

Hope this Helps.

15. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I just played and got destroyed in every aspect. Missou is better than my Aztecs, but I lost 52 to 14. What was the most frustrating beside being unable to run was that my DB's would stop or stutter step to blow coverage. I saved highlights... some cases I had three DB's surrounding the WR ina 10 yd radius and none of them covering him. And there were no other WR's on that side of the field...

May have nothing to do with sliders, but I am demoralized and pissed.

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Yeah, I have seen many times where the DB's don't even move a step and the WR goes right by them. I think the user pass coverage could go up 5. But only that, and test it for 4 weeks.

Mike

17. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

yeah i can second that..the DB's just stand there right now...+5 points and test sounds reasonable

18. T2

UPDATE:

Later today the sliders will be adjusted as it appears that the latest patch and tuner have altered the sliders. I will let u all know this afternoon.

19. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

So the highlights I saved did not have a great angle. I agonized over these mistakes and watched the replays very closely.

The grain of salt to keep in mind is that my DB's are "not the most talented group".

In man coverage on a crossing route, my DB would be with the receiver, but he would then hitch or even take a step toward the QB right after the QB threw. This created huge separation.

In zone my players were playing way way off of the recievers in their zone and would take approx a full mississippi before they reacted after the ball was in the air.

It does seem worse to me after the patch.

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

In my opinion...

I just played my first game in this OD since I was away on vacation last week. UNLV @ Idaho I won 49 to 35 or something like that. I got extremely lucky. I fell behind 21-0 then they started turning the ball over. My run game was a non issue and they gained 645 total yards on offense, 321 of those were passing...so think about rushing. Their defense line would shred my o-line with ease. I watched during plays where there would be 2 or 3 Vandals shredding offensive lineman at the snap and the 2 or 3 were all synchronized together. I would just mess with offensive line blocking for the cpu and human. I like the SH sliders, but don't know what ones are being used here

21. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I don't know how you guys are winning.... I am not having any problems with decent teams like Houston... but with the less talented teams I am having no luck at all.

22. Emmdotfrisk

After we advance this week I will bump run blocking a bit, see how that fares for you guys.

23. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I like the fact that teams that are better than you can dominate you. I had to gameplan against Colorado. I chose to shutdown WR McKnight, and try and contain RB Stewart as best possible. That left Hansen throwing a lot of junk balls while getting hit.

Mike

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I like the better teams making things extremely hard too...but Idaho?

25. Emmdotfrisk

pussy