Sliders...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Oct 22, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Please bump user pass coverage up 5 or 10 points. I am sick of watching the opposing wr catching 3rd and longs, because my db is 25 yrds down field with his head up his ass. It's sad as my guys all have mid 80 to 90s man coverage, but would have trouble covering a one legged midget.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I agree, this is very frustrating.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can we also look at bumping up computer running ability? Collectively our defenses are not that talented, but many of us are in the top 20 rushing defenses?

4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I agree with both. User pass coverage should get a +5 bump, and I don't have a problem with bumping up computer running ability.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I 2nd this as well. With the teams we're using, we shouldn't have half the league in the top 15 at the end of the season.

Would be interesting to see what other stats we dominate on a team basis that we probably shouldn't be.

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

most of the users are roaming with safeties and linebackers which means those players are playing waaay above their normal levels hence the user being so high in run stuffing....

7. theSANDMAN215

I've had to abandon the safety position. I was having fun playing it, but I don't think I am good enough at it yet. For example, I remember you owned me on a fade pattern and I couldn't get my safety over fast enough. I'm going back to playing the MLB position. The only thing I hate about playing that position is when I blitz the suction blocking comes into effect, and I can't get to the QB, or a lineman decides to screw my d-line and come straight to the linebacker position on running plays. I think the reason they screw my d-line is they are not good.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I figured mine were doing that because they are just god awful, good to see I'm not the only one.

Also agree with the suction blocking Sandman, when I throw a blitz at the CPU I either get suctioned or right as I am about to tee off on the QB i get knicked by an olineman who has a horrible angle and barely even hit the QB....

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have been using marks most of the season but I had to stop. I just couldn't deal with the lack of coverage skills. I would be forced to cover 2 guys and pick which one I would let kill me.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I play defensive tackle this year and only gave up like 1000 yards rushing.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Your DL isn't much better than a good high school.

I don't mind changing the sliders, but the statistics are a bit skewed. As JR pointed out, a lot of users naturally gear towards stopping the run and give up a bit of pass defense.

Most of us have terrible secondaries. So maybe we should just lower CPU accuracy.

Although I feel cheated a lot, it beats having everyone run the table with ease.

12. theSANDMAN215

True - my secondary has terrible ratings.

13. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

If we are going to bump CPU accuracy down, I feel like we should bump USER passing down as well, or maybe raise CPU pass defense, maybe raise interceptions.

We are passing the ball at ease against the CPU. Hell I even threw for 3000 yards.

14. theSANDMAN215

Mr Kasperson ->I don't have a problem with them actually blocking me, it's just that you have 0 chance to get off the block, which is unrealistic. Once you get stuck on the guy, you might as well switch to another defender. I don't even know if the sliders would help that because it's been going on in many previous versions of this game. I could see the guy blocking you, pushing you back or staying with you, but the way the CPU just holds you and you don't even move is unrealistic. Drives me nuts.

BBJ -> I know what you mean. That's why I played safety because my idiots in the secondary would never cover guys. So, I'd have to make a decision if I wanted the underneath guy to beat me, or allow the over the top guy beat me. I'd usually just let the underneath guy beat me because if I chose to cover the underneath guy, my DB would just stop and leave the WR wide open. Again, I'm not even sure if sliders can fix that problem either. I think Drifter may be right in decreasing the CPU accuracy.

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The thing is a cpu receiver makes a cut and my guys gets turned around and behind or goes completely the wrong direction. For some reason, this isnt as much the case in user vs user games. Passing is a bit easy. I had to make an effort to not get 600 yards passing a game against the computer as it was too easy sometimes. Maybe its just because I had fast receivers, but they would continually get open, on the sideline, with no defender even in 15 yards of them...

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I usually don't have too big of a problem getting of blocks.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    This is true of my team too. But my CBs are terrible and their man ratings are less than impressive. I would expect this to happen against good teams.

18. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

awareness plays a big part in coverage.... if you get corners with decent coverage skills and acceleration they usually cover pretty well but their are only a handful of those type of players... i actually dont mind the CPU passing, if my guys are bad they should play poorly.... my safeties are pretty good.... so they can cover, my corners are decent in man and absolutely terrible in zone across the board....

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

well I haven't said to much about the sliders but one thing I'm real curious about is why the Human K Power is so low? I understand we shouldnt be bombing 55 yarders all the time, but an ACC kicker shouldn't leave a 38 yard field goal 5-8 yards short.

20. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My concern about lowering the CPU passing attack, is that if we take that away, the CPU becomes an easy win.

Im not saying I want shoot outs, but I also want a competitive CPU.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Because my kicker sucks and I can barely hit a 49 yarder. Sounds about right.

Exact same point I made. I wish there was a happy medium, but we've gone through this before.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

D1 kikcers can make 40 yarders though, and especially rarely short it.

EDIT: With 0 mph wind.

23. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Maybe your kicker isn't a D1 kicker...

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I now have 2 Thorpe winner but yet finish near last in pass d. I don't have a problem with my crappy cb getting beat, but my 90+ man coverage and Thorpe winner shouldn't be cover a streak patteren when his min is running a 10 yrd out. I would rather bump CPU acc up and have are CBS play realistically. I mean if it was 5 yrds cusion ok, but it's more like 25 yrds cusion.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I agree...that's why I asked for something that allows the computer to run the ball better.