Sliders ???

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Did they get posted somewhere and I'm, missing them, or better yet set them you have the info to get in the OD.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I thought they was entered already by you since you advanced:)... my bad, I was wondering where you got them from.... honestly, these sliders are alright, can't remember and North Texas isn't a good measuring stick... let's just allow everyone to play four games with these and then tweak what needs to be tweaked...

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I never changed anything unless ND did

4. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

GOD change them please. They still are TERRIBLE. Arkansas State was playing like the 1999 Miami Hurricanes.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

God only plays 2k11:)

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Nah i didnt change anything either

7. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Yeah Virginia played me real tough...

Might wanna take a look at BfR's sliders, they work pretty well.

8. NDCOLTS1979

Terrible i destroyed TCU. no offense but maybe its your game play. If it goes easier then i will destroy the computer without any challenge at all. I have a crappy defense in Baylor probably wont win a user game this year because of it but there is no chance i will lose to the computer with the sliders where they are at now. I guarantee that if u go out and throw a million times the same type routes u will struggle

9. JDBattleMC

That's because you are using a running quarterback, and the computers ability to defend the option is totally broken. How are you going to "destroy" the computer when you BARELY beat it?

Running for 200 yards with your QB? THAT is ridiculous. I literally ran over 10 sets,over 50 different plays against the computer. Look at my points total bro, how did I struggle? I put up 63 points on the computer. I could put up 63 points on any team, my team is loaded. The point is that a loaded team like LSU should completely shut down ASU. They were running 3 and 4 WR sets, I had their WRs doubled, and they were still catching the ball. They weren't even open plays that they were scoring on me, it was ridiculous shit like them catching the ball on the sidelines when they were triple covered.

It's not that your teams D is bad, it's that the computer sliders for CPU O are terrible.

Im not sure why people defend the sliders, this isnt the NFL, its not any given Sunday. The way you guys treat this, you make it seem like you think a REALLY good HS team could compete with Oregon. Oregon could run the EXACT same play, over and over again, and TELL that HS team what it was, and they would put up 200+ on that HS team - because the divergence of talent is that great. Im saying that the divergence is talent is SO great between Arkansas State and LSU that they should NEVER be able to compete with LSU, even if Les Miles let ASU's coach choose which plays they run. ASU has won two bowl games, EVER.

10. Jam.

I gotta lean towards JD on this one, there should really be one or two upset scares a year for a really good team like LSU.

11. NDCOLTS1979

It dont matter. The sliders arent that tough at all. TCU didnt put that many points on me till i played conservative late with the lead. This dumbing down the sliders to make it easy is a joke.

Yeah cause Denard dont run for 200 yds at michigan:rolleyes:

Yeah cause they small schools just never come up with the upset. Va Tech got beat this year by alot lesser talented team:rolleyes:

12. NDCOLTS1979

The sliders are so bad that i gave up 6 points @ TCU in the entire 1st half. 265yds in the air and 121yds came on 2 passes in the 4th when i was milking the clock and playing conservative.

13. JDBattleMC

They are called upsets. The computer CONSISTENTLY plays EVERY single user tough in this dynasty, far beyond their abilities.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=378497

Look at Robert Griffin's stats, why bring up Denard Robinson?

Griffin ran for 21 yards on TCU. He ran for 18 yards on Texas Tech. ONCE this year did he clear 100 yards.He will probably rush for less yard this season that you will in 3 games. That being said:

I'm fine with you running, go get it I say.

But look at the computer stats, why even bring up opinions, lets bring up facts:

Cam Newton passed for 550 on you. UVA passed for 440 on FSU. GT passes for 325. ASU passed for 400 on me. And there are other similar numbers, though these are all abnormally high numbers to pass on top teams in the country. GT is never going to have that many passing yards.

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Maybe Jerz put them in because they are different for sure.

15. Jam.

Virginia passed for 425 on me last game.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Let's just find a different slider set. I did input the sliders from Chaos and amazingly NO computer team (and we're in BCS conference play) throws all over users like this #justsayin'. I don't know what the 12 of us do over there do on defense. Personally, I mix it up and it helps. Not saying you guys don't but during user games I've noticed the same couple of zones and only 4 different sets on offense. I also had a SEC user run speed options quite a bit last year during our game. Amazingly, its brought up in here as a cheap play... gotta be kiddin' me.

JD what week did ASU throw for 400 yards versus you? I don't see your story and the slider change I made happened in week 2. So if your complaint was that it was too hard in Week one I can't help you on that. The sliders we tweaked last year and were not that difficult. Honestly they were too easy. I don't know how many games you got to play last season but you went 5-7. I played six of my games and went 5-1 with the loss coming in a user game. My team went 0-6 without me, that should tell you what the talent level is in Knoxville.

Just because your the most talented team does NOT mean you should dominate every game or even win every game. Moving to an easier slider set is not my cup of henny. Personally I'm going to lose interest once I have to sleep walk thru computer games. Chasing championships every season or knowing you'll be in the hunt is not fun for me. I like seeing the computer taking my slot in a championship game or giving me a challenge every single Saturday. You guys talk like teams lay down on Saturdays. If I can't shut down MTU they should burn me but they didn't. I won easily 37-3 with second string players doing the same work as the first string.

I would say 'Step Your Game Up' but its pointless and rude. My 2 cents

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I dont care everyone has to play with em so it really doesnt matter to me, no matter what someone will have concerns.

18. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Why don't yall try the ones we use in SH and BfR??

19. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

what sliders are these you guys are complaining about JD and Jam?

20. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

If the sliders were implimented in season 2, then we maybe on to something. As mentioned earlier in the week, I was extremely frustrated during my game against GTech, as Tevin Washington could not miss a pass and put up pretty amazing stats against what I still think is a stout UNC defense. But then again, they only won by 3 points. And maybe I am just bitter at losing this early in the season. Curses.

21. Iron Mickey

what are the sliders?

22. Jam.

Pretty much just the play of the opposing teams QB. Though I can't really speak for JD, it also seems like he was complaining about obsurd passing yards numbers.

23. Iron Mickey

I meant who's slider set.....Jerz's 0 Threshold ones???

From the looks of the thread comments he changed your original sliders and you guys were not aware.

24. Jam.

Oh i have no idea which, I just joined this dynasty yesterday...

25. JDBattleMC

I was going to write something snarky, but Im going to take the high road.

If the sliders changed, then we will see what they look like in week 3. I can tell you in week 1 that if you like things sim, they weren't sim, PERIOD. When upsets occur, they don't occur when the underdog blows out the favored team.