Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Jul 27, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Sliders

i dont want non user vs user games to be a walk in the park, the computer should provide challenges every now and then, but these current sliders are pretty damn tough. i know evryone has a bad game now and then, where they play down to an opponents level, but there have been too many games that have been close that shouldnt be, its just not realistic. that said, i would personally like to keep us on heisman, but i can tone back the sliders, what do u guys think, please share ur opinion.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I am game for whatever. They are tough thats for sure. But I'd rather them be tough than everyone going undefeated in User vs. CPU games. I guess you could tone them back slightly. I am kind of stuck on the fence.....LoL

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

thats exactly how i feel, u dont want em too tough, but u dont want em easy either. it is only year 1, of course it will take time to fully adjust tho, so i wouldnt panic or start quitting tho just cuz there are some early struggles. i mean upsets happen, there is nothing wrong with that, upsets are part of what makes college football so great, i just want realism here.

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I'm sure there is a middle ground for the sliders where, no matter if you are on Heisman or AA, you are playing more or less the same difficulty opponent.. I think that is the spot we need to be at for now at least until everyone can get used to the new game.. So hood, if you want to experiment with the Heisman sliders, I will tweak with the AA sliders until we both find that middle ground where just the right amount of CPU games are being won/lost..

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Just tone them down a LITTLE... i love a good challenge and i think if you brought them down just a smudge then it'll be perfect.

6. gibby289

gibby289 Guest

I agree i couldn't stop navy when i play them wiht defualt i shut them out????

7. Iron Mickey

Whats the status of week #1? Has everyone played? I am at work.

8. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

ok, i will try toning the sliders down a pinch for week 2, but i will be relying on all you to tell me how it is since i have a user vs user game week 2. and g-unit, drunkensoldier still has 2 play his game vs the cpu, and blackj and cam need to get their game in as well.

9. Iron Mickey

Cool. Lets get em in...I am pumped for week #2.

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

i am going to slightly tune down the sliders for week 3. please let me know your opinions/feelings/suggestions about them.

11. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

How much did you alter them? I think the prior sliders were ok, just the run sliders should have been slightly given a boost.

12. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

i have a confession to make boys...when i advanced the od last night i forgot to tone the sliders, and since people have already played the computer it wouldnt be fair to do so now for this week. i will give user running a boost for week 4, but that will be about it. after seeing some of the scores the last few weeks it looks like maybe we are adjusting well to the sliders, but conference play will provide a much better test of just how good we are with these sliders

13. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

some random 80 pwr cpu kicker shouldn't be hitting 55 yarders with ease (blowing my shutouts :( ), perhaps we should lower the sliders for both sides of the kicking unit.

14. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

Here's the best sliders available and should be used in all ODs(IMHO).

Skill- Heisman
    Quarter length 6 min

Sliders
    HUM/CPU

Offense

QB Accuracy 40/5
    Pass block 50/15
    WR catch 50/50
    RB ability 55/50
    Run block 50/40

Defense

Pass Coverage 35/30
    Pass Rush 75/75
    Interceptions 20/10
    Rush Defense 25/50
    Tackling 55/45

Special Teams

FG power 25/30
    Fg Accuracy 50/50
    Punt Power 50/50
    Punt accuracy 50/60
    Kickoff Power 45/70

Penalties

Offsides 75
    False Start 75
    Holding 55 (+5 just edited)
    Facemask 55 (+5 just edited)
    OFF P.I 90
    DEF P.I 100
    Kr/Pr Interference 100
    Clipping 50
    Intentional grounding 100
    rough passer 70
    rough kicker 70

We use these in all the other dynasties I play in and they're the best there are, hands down.

15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

These r variants of what most dynasties are using and they have been tested.

The CPU accuracy was tested by a number of guys and 5 was to low for a realistic sim game from the cpu, In their opinion. (Op sports and Ncaa Strategy boards)

After the test most thought 10 or 15 was what it needed to be for the cpu to provide a consistent challenge through the air at al levels of teams. 5 might be ok for 5 star QB's but 3 star lower qb's were too bad for a challenge.

Also most kickers can kick the ball inside the 10. 45 hum kick power is too low. Most think 60-65 gets it to the 10 with avg kickers and to the endzone with good kickers. As it should be.

Other than those most agree those are the settings that get the most realistic results. Especially the pass coverage slider. Thats the difference in a pick fest with no one open at 50, vs good wr's beating bad corners consistently at 30-25.