Sliders?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jobe111, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jobe111

Jobe111 Guest

Sliders?

Raz are you going to be putting in any sliders this year?

In one of my other leagues we use the Operation Sports Legends sliders for Heisman

In the other league we use J-Unit40's All-American sliders

Just throwing that out there

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'd be for it, maybe league-wide. We just had someone put up 70 on the road. We need to do something so things don't get any more cheese-tastic. I mean, we're supposed to be playing bad teams, here. If one of us can win a national championship this year, then we got issues.

And Jobe - shoot me an email address. Your blog looks great. I want to get you set up so you can post some of that stuff on the site. I just need an email, so PM it to me when you get a chance.

AG

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

There was already a sliders thread about 6 posts down.

From what I've read, I'm going to stick with AA and adjust sliders as we go. Check out the thread to see what I've already changed.

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yeah, that 70 on the road vs. a ranked team was a bit shocking. If it was done with straight up game play, running lots of different types of plays, not just a few go-to big gain plays, then more power to you and I do not look forward to playing you down the line. I know that it seemed pretty realistic to me when USC was blowing thru my O-line consistently and picking my secondary apart in route to a 31-7 drubbing.

5. Mallard Muscle

Mallard Muscle Blue Chip Prospect

Did you consider the fact that I'm using BYU's roster? They are currently ranked #22 in our league after losing their first game. I will likely win all of my games against the CPU because I'm not playing any major powerhouse schools with slight exception to BYU and Boise State.

I haven't scored more than 55 points in any game I've played so far besides my first one in this league. And I've yet to return any kickoffs for touchdowns in any other game I've played so far besides the 2 I did in my first game in this league. My leading WR had 155 yards receiving and 117 yards of that came after the catch. Less than 40 yards through the air on 3 completions isn't a red flag pointing to cheesing to me. I did post a lengthy write up with 3 videos of my game as well. It's not like I just put up a score and gave no one an idea of how I got it done.

I know I'm new to this site and you run the show around here, but with all due respect, give me a little credit, more than a single game before you label me with "cheese-tastic".

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

70 points is pretty ridiculous, even if you were Florida playing Western Kentucky. How many did they thow on The Citadel last year? 77? Just sayin... we had a 65 point cap last season. Not killing you for it, just maybe throw chew clock on and milk the game to death is all.

As for the sliders, I like the way they play. I think our offensive numbers should be a little lower though. My quarterback threw for a TON of yards (did have 4 INT that killed me) against BYU. However, they put it on my D+ defense (as they should). My offense is rated B- or something like that, and it does have some playmakers and we were at home which could contribute to the big performances. Definitely are at a pretty good place with the sliders, and I am confident that you will continue adjusting properly Raz.

7. Razcalking1978

I've taken a look at Mallard's stats and his explanation, and I think it was just one of those games. He scored two TDs on interceptions, two TDs on kick returns, two on runs, etc. Let's just call it a crazy game and move on. He does have the best roster by far among us, and that 60 point cap does not apply when the CPU is keeping up with you as it did in that game.

Not the best welcome for a guy that I think will be a good member of this dynasty. If you've got ANY problems with any other players, just talk to me about it. No calling out anyone on the boards, ever.

As for the sliders, I did make a change for this week. I increased the CPU run ability, but did not touch their run blocking (apparently touching it causes crazy pancake blocks).

8. Mallard Muscle

I was up by 10 points with 3 minutes left to play. I ran the ball every play on that possession and scored on a 28 yard run right up the middle. Go watch the video in my game report. What am I supposed to do? Dive short of the endzone so I win by 10 or maybe 13 instead of 17? It's not like I blew them out by 40+, so the comparison to Florida isn't even close.

I had to keep scoring to win the game.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I hear ya man, and clearly I don't know the whole situation. Like I said, I wasn't trying to kill you by any means. This is me, moving on! ;)

10. Mallard Muscle

Just so everyone knows, I'm not upset or angry. I just needed to make my case. Good luck to all.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just to clarify -

70-53 is within the three score limit we talked about when instituting the 65 point cap. If the other guy is in striking distance, you do not have to call off the dogs.

My issue is more of a game issue. It's not that someone won a game 70-53, it's that the setup allows that many points in a game. If someone, anyone, can put up AND give up that many points and not blow out a team or get blown out, then the league setup is cheese-tastic.

In order to score that much, there must have been a score on about every fifth or sixth play. Everything had to go long.

I'm not saying any person did anything out of line (I'm just a player here) but you gotta admit that 123 points in a game is nuts, especially when one of the teams is the CPU.

If you can do this every week, or even approach it, then the league is broken. That's what I mean.

But just for future reference, if I hit a number like that, and give up close to the same, I'm going to post about it. I just said what the guys were thinking. Didn't mean to be rude.

AG

12. Mallard Muscle

I appreciate the clarification. I have to admit that I thought something strange was going on when the score kept climing. It mainly had to do with my inability to stop the CPU, which enabled me to keep looking for ways to score touchdowns.

13. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Knowing that you have BYU's roster does make more sense, but as AG and Basis said, that score is waaay high. I am not saying you did anything wrong because your job is to outscore your opponent but when I see a score like that I just can't imagine there was any time taken between plays to look at the playbook, make adjustments at the line, etc. There is nothing in the rules about realistic pace gameplay, I just don't see the realism or fun in playing a game where the ball is snapped with 18 seconds on the game clock every time. No biggie, just a simple annoyance that I have. Welcome again to the league!

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hey Raz,

You thinking about slider adjustments? The varsity sliders from OS seem interesting, and they're going to be the set for the E-League. Didn't know what you were thinking here, so I thought I'd ask.

AG

15. Razcalking1978

I'm actually very happy with the game results we're getting. We're taking some losses, and most games seem pretty close.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

True, the results are close, but I for one have completely abandoned all passing whatsoever. Can't seem to do anything at all with it.

17. Razcalking1978

I could take a look at raising User passing a bit. Some guys are still putting up pretty high numbers, though.

18. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

As I've been playing more games with different teams varying ability, I've noticed something. The computer runs way too many kickoffs back for TD's. I even once saw 5 of my middle guys get pancaked on the defense of a return. I also cannot run kickoffs back for TD's with the slides set to what they are. The CPU blockers are uncannily robotic. Not real pissed about this just hate getting taken totally out of a game and becoming one dimensional so often because the CPU runs 1 or sometimes two back on me. Thoughts of anyone else, or is this just me?

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Haven't had anyone take it to the house on me yet. Can't say I've seen a problem.

Fire your Special Teams Coach. That might do it. :)

20. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Thanks for the vote of confidence Arch. Texas(A+) took two back on me when I was Arizona St.(A-) 3 years in. I just guess I don't know what to do. I've even just tried kicking a short kickoff but that just gives them a shorter field.

21. Razcalking1978

I know this can become an issue if you set Run Blocking too high. For that reason, I didn't touch it. Shouldn't be the sliders.

22. Razcalking1978

I've upped the User QB Accuracy rating by 5 up to 25.

23. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Setting CPU run blocking to 50(only 5 less) is all it takes to slow the runbacks a little. You can look at lots of forums regarding this. There is a large number of users that views it as a problem. Your players should not be getting pancaked like that so you only have 2 guys to catch the return man. Obviously I would like to see this changed and I'm surprised it doesn't happen to anyone else in our league. Changing this and only this to 50 doesn't effect the running game in any way, in my opinion.

24. Razcalking1978

Not sure what you're talking about. Both User and CPU run blocking IS set at 50, and hasn't been touched since the dynasty started.

25. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Sorry Raz. Didn't realize we were at 50.