Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bamaboiking, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Sliders

the sliders need to be readjusted, the CPU breaks to many tackles especially QB's on scrambles. Also Run block Needs to be adjusted too many long kickoffs

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i agree i have been playing practice games with these sliders against my next week opponent .....and i cant even get it down the field....without an int or fumble ...on offense they can complete every third down attempt no matter if they are 3 and 30....i dnt want to make the game to easy but it seems as if the cpu is just all godly at times

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

yea they need to be adjusted just need more imput from others too see what needs to be changed

4. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

I prefer Trinity's All-American sliders, but to each his own.

5. rbpd5015

rbpd5015 Guest

First off if you didn't notice we changed to quarters to 6 min we are very open to change sliders with your input. In my first game I had a lot of penalties and a lot of fumples. After talking to row I came to the conclution the reason for all these problems were that I slected aggresive for offence and defence.

My suggestions for slider changes
    Cpu qbacc lowerd
    Human run block plus 5
    Humas pass block plus 5

Were open to any changes however give us numbers not just sliders suck or its to hard to run. Tells us what number it should be at.

Matt

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

matt,

i think those adjustments are good choices i would not knw what numbers for the adjustments would be good for every1 so i say lets try urs......qb acc is and def ints are reall the only probs that just happen everytime. maybe lower the cpu def coverage and/or cpu def ints 5 and cpu qb acc 5

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

matt,

i think those adjustments are good choices i would not knw what numbers for the adjustments would be good for every1 so i say lets try urs......qb acc is and def ints are reall the only probs that just happen everytime. maybe lower the cpu def coverage and/or cpu def abiltity 5 and cpu qb acc 5

8. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

Hey. I'm one of those people that tries out different slider variations every year and year-in and year-out, the best sliders are Trinity's All-American Sliders from Operation Sports forums.

We should implement and use those.

9. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Sliders

First things first we are on Heisman and that is not changing. I don't want people going into CPU games with a guaranteed win, the CPU QB ACC sliders if I am not mistaken is at 5 so I definetly can't go lower. Why don't we test out sliders in the game, take your team and go on operationsports (since that's the only website I know) and test sliders. Come back on here give stats and then we can get everyone to come to an agreement on which sliders to run with. I will lower Run Blk I agree it's a tad rediculous the Baylor v. Arkansas game that was the first two TD's ( him then me) of the game.The game is definetly harder on D this year. I would start our sliders as a base and work from there. Let me know your thoughts.

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

indy,

i agree i personally like all american better i think that heisman is broken in many aspects of the game play. here is the trinity sliders just for viewing purposes...i like them

Gameplay Options

Difficulty- All-American
    Minutes- 8min(chew clock on when acceptable)
    Quiz QB- Off
    Ice the Kicker- On

Offense- HUM/CPU

QB Acc- 40/35- 35 for qb to compensate a little for the robo qb. 30 makes qb way too inaccurate.

Pass Blocking- 50/0- Still having to go to zero for the cpu here. Having great results tho, sliders do work. CPU gets plenty of pressure on me at default.

WR Catching- 45/45- back up to 45... The more I play, the more dropped balls I see now per game, and its just not a realistic number. Too many drops after getting hit imo. really good wr's should be able to hold on to some of those, but I'm not seein any being held on to.

RB Ability- 50/60- Changed RB ability for CPU to 60 now... Just trying to give CPU a small amount of help again still. GT ran all over me even at 55, but other than that, no one is able to run on me too well yet. *See Run blocking slider*

Run Blocking- 50/55- Just not seeing a good run game by me, and especially not from the cpu. Raising this to 55 helps a ton! I know it effects kickoff returns alot too so *See kickoff power slider*

Defense- HUM/CPU

Pass Coverage- 95/60- At 95, it also helps with robo qb alot! Also allows for coverage sacks, or forces qb scrambles. Any higher than 60, and I was hopeless in completing a pass, especially when dealing with the pressure the cpu D was getting on my qb.

Pass Rush- 100/45- Still needs to 100 to see best results. I'm just not getting any time at all to throw imo. I tried raising HUM pass block to 55 first, but that made it way too easy. lowering CPU pass rush to 45 now. For me anyway seems to give a better balance.

Interceptions- 5/0- With my games, I'm just seein too many int's my the cpu. Even at zero, i thre 3int's with ND versus Nevada! Zero is fine.

Rush Defense- 35/35- Moved this down to 35. Through 3 games in new dynasty with ND, I've only allowed 56yds or something like that total in rushing. Michigan St ran the ball more effectively against me with this.
    Tackling- 50/55- I'm getting too many rushing yards after 1st contact. Read my post in this thread were I posted my game stats against Washington St. to see full details of why I changed it.

Special Teams- HUM/CPU

FG Pwr- 40/40- CPU was making 50+yd FGs with room to spare, so lowered it down.

FG Acc- 40/45- Moved User acc up to 40, I was just missing way too many FGs in the range of 30-35yds still! It was still about a 50/50 shot of making it. Moved CPU slider down to 45, I thought at 50 it would be fine, but It's rare that the CPU misses a FG, 45 will be perfect, cuz I've had it at 40 and lower, and it wasn't good at all.

Punt Pwr- 40/40- Punting average was still a little too high for my liking at the college level. so I lowered this down to 40.

Punt Acc- 55/55- Punt Acc is horrid in this game. I move the arrow almost completely to the right or left, and the punter kicks it straight down the middle into the endzone with no wind! Coffin punts are not happenin on default punt acc.

Kickoff Pwr- 55/55- KO strength, imo needed a little boost. I supersim them when I am kicking off, but the cpu doesn't seem to kickoff very far. I've yet to really see one go in the endzone far enough that I'd stay in for a touchback.Since I raised the run blocking up to 55 for the cpu, i decided to SUPERSIM the kickoffs lol.. it just saves me the headache of trying to tweak the sliders around to fix it, and the frustration of watch the cpu run back kicks on me all the time.

Penalty Sliders: Follow straight down from top to bottom of list on the game.

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

well i posted that for nothing i suppose......im going to play regardless of difficulty i just do not like heisman defense is to godly but ill still be here regardless(y)

12. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

Gameplay Options

Difficulty- All-American
    Minutes- 8min(chew clock on when acceptable)
    Quiz QB- Off
    Ice the Kicker- On

Offense- HUM/CPU

QB Acc- 40/35- 35 for qb to compensate a little for the robo qb. 30 makes qb way too inaccurate.

Pass Blocking- 50/0- Still having to go to zero for the cpu here. Having great results tho, sliders do work. CPU gets plenty of pressure on me at default.

WR Catching- 45/45- back up to 45... The more I play, the more dropped balls I see now per game, and its just not a realistic number. Too many drops after getting hit imo. really good wr's should be able to hold on to some of those, but I'm not seein any being held on to.

RB Ability- 50/60- Changed RB ability for CPU to 60 now... Just trying to give CPU a small amount of help again still. GT ran all over me even at 55, but other than that, no one is able to run on me too well yet. *See Run blocking slider*

Run Blocking- 50/55- Just not seeing a good run game by me, and especially not from the cpu. Raising this to 55 helps a ton! I know it effects kickoff returns alot too so *See kickoff power slider*

Defense- HUM/CPU

Pass Coverage- 95/60- At 95, it also helps with robo qb alot! Also allows for coverage sacks, or forces qb scrambles. Any higher than 60, and I was hopeless in completing a pass, especially when dealing with the pressure the cpu D was getting on my qb.

Pass Rush- 100/45- Still needs to 100 to see best results. I'm just not getting any time at all to throw imo. I tried raising HUM pass block to 55 first, but that made it way too easy. lowering CPU pass rush to 45 now. For me anyway seems to give a better balance.

Interceptions- 5/0- With my games, I'm just seein too many int's my the cpu. Even at zero, i thre 3int's with ND versus Nevada! Zero is fine.

Rush Defense- 35/35- Moved this down to 35. Through 3 games in new dynasty with ND, I've only allowed 56yds or something like that total in rushing. Michigan St ran the ball more effectively against me with this. I guess I just got better at the game, cuz it was fine at 40, but alll of a sudden it got really easy.

Tackling- 50/55- I'm getting too many rushing yards after 1st contact. Read my post in this thread were I posted my game stats against Washington St. to see full details of why I changed it.

Special Teams- HUM/CPU

FG Pwr- 40/40- CPU was making 50+yd FGs with room to spare, so lowered it down.

FG Acc- 40/45- Moved User acc up to 40, I was just missing way too many FGs in the range of 30-35yds still! It was still about a 50/50 shot of making it. Moved CPU slider down to 45, I thought at 50 it would be fine, but It's rare that the CPU misses a FG, 45 will be perfect, cuz I've had it at 40 and lower, and it wasn't good at all.

Punt Pwr- 40/40- Punting average was still a little too high for my liking at the college level. so I lowered this down to 40.

Punt Acc- 55/55- Punt Acc is horrid in this game. I move the arrow almost completely to the right or left, and the punter kicks it straight down the middle into the endzone with no wind! Coffin punts are not happenin on default punt acc.

Kickoff Pwr- 55/55- KO strength, imo needed a little boost. I supersim them when I am kicking off, but the cpu doesn't seem to kickoff very far. I've yet to really see one go in the endzone far enough that I'd stay in for a touchback.Since I raised the run blocking up to 55 for the cpu, i decided to SUPERSIM the kickoffs lol.. it just saves me the headache of trying to tweak the sliders around to fix it, and the frustration of watch the cpu run back kicks on me all the time.

Penalty Sliders: Follow straight down from top to bottom of list on the game.

13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Sum1 try these and we can compare stats they are from operation sports just the first heisman sliders i saw

Offense HUM/CPU
    QB Accuracy 10/5
    Pass Blocking 60/15
    WR Catching 50/50
    RB Ability 50/50
    Run Blocking 45/40

Defense
    Pass Coverage 55/35
    Pass Rush 85/50
    Interceptions 20/15
    Rush Defense 25/45
    Tackling 45/45

Special Teams
    FG Power 30/30
    FG Accuracy 45/45
    Punt Power 50/50
    Punt Accuracy 50/60
    Kickoff Power 45/60

Penalties
    Offsides 75
    False Start 75
    Holding 50
    Facemask 55
    Off PI 60
    Def PI 100
    KR/PR Interference 60
    Clipping 50
    Intentional Grounding 60
    Roughing Passer 50
    Roughing Kicker 60

14. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

I know that my opinion means nothing, but like I said, every year since '98 I've gone out and gotten NCAA Football and around 2002 I started testing sliders at every difficulty.

Since about '05-'06 the best sliders have been with All-American. If you are to lose, you will lose.

If we stick with Heisman, what you'll find is that CPU defense is disgusting, robo QB is impossible to get rid of, and any slider adjustments we make will have too much or too little of an effect.

With Trinity's All-American Sliders, especially HUM vs. CPU, you get the best game possible without being unrealistic.

That being said, I won't protest using Heisman, but I can assure you, you'll have a lot of attrition after the first season(because things are too broken, you see?).

That's my $.02

15. Bucsfan94

Bucsfan94 Walk On

Indy that's not fair. Your opinion does count, I need you guys to look at it in my point of view. I can't just change things because 2 guys want change. You want something changed you need to appeal it to everyone, we all play in this league. I am a majority rule kind of person if everyone wants to drop to All-American we will. I don't run this, my job is to keep it organized. You guys run it. Like they say don't just complain about something, find a problem and also come with a solution (words to live by). Get with others and find they're opinions and then come to me and we shall change things. The sliders I went with initially are very close to the ones that were just posted. Let's work this out and move forward. Thank you

16. rbpd5015

rbpd5015 Guest

Indy thanks for your hard effort I am very open minded to changing sliders and that includes moving to all american. I know ro is hesitant about moving play levels but I will speak to after I test your sliders today. Your opinion does matter.

I will be replaying my week one game using your sliders if they compare results. If the results are positive I will speak to row about changing. I encorage to do the same and post your thoughts in this thread.

Ro worries which is understandable is that cpu games will become too easy. I feel by creating A schedule for every team a rated schedules every team should fix this problem however if we do move to all american and we consistent blowouts more changes will occur

So once again I encorage all of you to give your opinion because that's what it will take to make this league great

Matt

17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i just finished a game using indys slider suggestion and difficulty...it was still very competitive i played arkansas and texas am two very similiar teams and lost 28-21 i had 18-38 261 yards passing 29-113 rushing 1 reciever had 109 the rest had small amounts texas am was 10-14 134 passing 9-60 rushing they had 5 sacks on me i had 3............if this change does eventually happen the run block still needs to go down a tad KR were still a problem they did have alot of pressure on my QB but i think that is more me taking to long than the sliders...........again i prefer all-american but im not gna quit the dynasty but probably every cpu game i play will be a loss definetly for the first few seasons....hopefully i will be able to recruit 5* by then lol

18. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

I wasn't trying to be a jerk when I said that my opinion didn't matter, I said that because I'm not in charge and I don't make the heavy decisions here.

What I can tell you is that I've played PvP NCAA Football A LOT and don't lose very often... and in my offline dynasty with Purdue(which is now in year 4), if I'm ranked say... 22nd(like I was just now before this game I played) and I played, say... Notre Dame(who is ranked 3rd in 2012)... I will lose. I will lose bad(38-20).

If you are to lose(with Trinity's sliders), you will lose.

Like I said, the thing is... we HAVE to change the sliders. The game is broken if we don't. I'm not a quitter, so it won't be me that leaves.

That being said, I've used other people's sliders on Heisman and what I can tell you is... changing the sliders either does too much or too little.

With Trinity's sliders, we can all show our results and tweak them to perfection.

I look at this video game as a SIM(not as a dick-measuring contest like a lot of people). I play because I love college football and pro football and watching it isn't enough.

Beyond that, I hope we can make some changes before we get rolling because I really look forward to becoming friends with you guys and playing Madden as well.

We good?

19. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

Oh and vs. the CPU, I sim when I kick off because of the sliders.

I recommend that to anyone who tries the sliders.

You can adjust for the kickoff but it just gets monotonous.

Like I said...

We can work this out.

20. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Right now i would go with the proposed changes as running is none existant, the CPU qb throws bad passes so i wouldnt worry about that, but the problem is you only see them when apply pressure which is very very rare, i get sacks but not consistantly cause i cant get any pressure and the qb blitz's are unforgiving as they will get you everytime.

So i say raise hum run block to 50, anymore KR are crazy..could also go with hum RB ability.

THe CPU Run Ability needs to go down as they break the first to second tackle everytime no matter who it is...70 rated pocket passers should be running threw my LB's and DL's on options.

CPU cov needs up as i torched them but that was vs miss st so who knows but jeez they couldnt stop my deep ball.

lastly Hum QB ACC is something i can overcome cause im good at passing on any level, but its so low that my qb throws bad passes for no reason.

CPU def AWR needs now as they jump every play. I would start there

21. rbpd5015

rbpd5015 Guest

Indy,

Your the exact type of player this league is looking for. I love the dick measuring reference. Lol

We will get these sliders right. I promise.

Matt

22. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

I don't think just tweaking the sliders is good enough.

It's going to take us posting synopsis of each game and deciding what's best.

You can't just tweak CPU break tackle or CPU pass coverage, it's got to be a blanket change.

Again I say, play an offline game with the sliders I suggested in an EVEN matchup and tell me you don't get one of your best games yet.

23. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Ok Ill say this i Love all american as the teams play to there ratings but.. eventually ill get to good for AA no matter the sliders it happens a few season down the line, Hiesman normally irks me because the CPU cheats alot with the crazy jumping the snap knowing where the play is going and robo qb., but seriously this year it isnt as bad as the past as the Dream has some awesome sliders for hiesman were i can see that we can get it to an appropiate lvl for play. SO we need to work towards our hiesman sliders trust its for the best long term just have ti curb the super CPU and it will be ok

24. rbpd5015

rbpd5015 Guest

Bamaboiking,

Can you provide the sliders The Dream uses? I would like to compare them.

I also think we need to post a poll and provide both options and let's see what the majority thinks.

If you don't vote then don't bother to bitch.

Matt

25. indywizzard

indywizzard Guest

I like majority rule as it refers to how it goes.

I do agree that as we progress, our teams SHOULD get good enough that All-American becomes too easy, and at THAT point, we should jump to Heisman(as that's how I usually do it with Purdue ever year with this game).

Let's do it.