Sliders

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have some questions, so I started a new thread.

@gowazzucougs

How good of a team was VT compared to you? A vs B?
    Are you typically good against the CPU?

@Pagamer07

Is running the ball still too hard? You have Jesus Jr. at running back, you should be able to run the ball.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

LMAO......sorry......I can't believe you asked this.....haha.

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, we haven't played together enough to know. I asked Bondzai the same thing once.:)

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I am typically good against the computer. Since coming to TSO, I have lost to the computer every now and then, but not like this. I have had some trouble against no huddle offenses, but these opponents have not run the hurry up.

I think there are a couple of issues working against me. First I have serious issues with my QB, the first guy I trotted out was a true freshman his throw power pwas 76, accuracy 69. He played the full game against Kentucky, and half the game against TCU. His stats are 12-44-5 Interceptions. Now I will admit I may force a pass where I shouldn't but this guy's problem is I would throw it to an open guy, and the pass would be like 5 yards off going to the defender. Also in the first game, I don't know how many passes my guys dropped when the QB did throw it good. The second qb is a redshirst sophmore, his throwing power is 81, throwing accuracy 73. Against VT, the guy threw 4 interceptions, I probably forced two of the interceptions, the other two were bad passes on his part. The one touchdown pass I have thrown, was thrown to the wrong receiver.

Then my receivers are something to be desired. The highest rated is a guy I converted from running back. No one really has any speed. At times I have been able to run the ball, but everything falls apart when I pass. Another problem is I can't convert any third downs. I don't know what my conversion rate is, but I know in the first two games it was lousy. If it is okay I want to switch to a more power running attack, that may help.

Defensively I don't know what the problem is. I am running the 3-4, which I am not accustomed to, however I don't think that is the problm. I think it is the same thing for everyone. Kentucky's and VT's running backs just ran through me.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Well week 1 I had a horrible time against USF. The D-line was getting tons of penetration. My last game against Auburn, well it was Auburn. I dont know yet really, I had some good runs but then I got blown up in the backfield. I try to run a power running game; FB, pulling guards. They feel too slow developing. It could be my offensive line which isnt as good as last year.

To be honest, it's been tough but I dont want to blame the sliders yet. It should be hard though, but I feel bad for gowazzu.

6. GoGators

Maybe you already know this or maybe you don't. But I think one of the rules of this years game is that 80 is a rating cutoff for certain critical skills. For example if your CBs have lower than 80 man coverage skills when the WR makes a cut they're likely to keep running the wrong direction. Same for QBs. Anything less than 80 is pretty tough unless there's high awareness or something else to offset it.

Honestly I think you're trying to fit a square peg through a round hole right now. The personnel you have will not work with the UF playbook, as it shouldn't. The spread offense puts the most pressure on the QB of any offensive scheme out there. Trying to run it with a freshman with 76 throwing power and 69 throwing accuracy is a death wish. It's difficult to run the ball from the gun in this game and these sliders make that even more difficult so that's putting even more pressure on your passing game.

Typically I'd say you really screwed up and should have to keep the UF playbook since you picked it, but since I like ya for your BCS picks I don't have a problem with you switching playbooks. But again, I'm just 1 of 11 indians in this league so you'll have to wait for Castro to decide.

If you want to keep some of the spread option stuff from the UF book I'd suggest checking out Auburn, Northwestern, and Utah/Utah St. They've got a lot of the spread shotgun stuff, but they've also got enough under center looks to allow you to keep your inexperienced QB from being so critical to your success. Good luck.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This is on point. Pick something like I run, with big packages that can split wide. If you want to switch playbooks, go ahead.

8. gowazzucougs

okay I will take some time tomorrow and practice some different playbooks. I am pretty sure I am stuck with the 3-4 because of the players I have on defense

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's what makes this place great.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I might be using a different playbook too, I love the MSU playbook but my offensive talent does not bode well for me running the ball. I'm thinking I might go to a multiple-ish playbook for a season.

11. GoGators

Are u talking about switching this season?

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well I have yet to play a game or post a playbook so I figured it would be like starting the season fresh with a new playbook.

13. gowazzucougs

After practicing, and using LSU, Nebraska, Pitt, Multiple, the conclusion I have is my offense still isn't very good. I will change to LSU for the remainder of the season. My conclusion is that this is just going to be a long season for GT

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just recruit well and things will change.

15. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Says the man with Ohio State..............

• Like Like x 1
  16. Masler

Masler Moderator

I just want the CPU to have good coverage but when a receiver is wiiiide open they shouldn't close in that fast...especially when their rating doesn't support it. If the WR drops it well then it's not the problem but in the game vs Arkansas every incompletion I threw the defense had a hand on it. I felt I had no time in the pocket with either QB, Smith did better than Sims though. And then the broken tackles, I haven't seen this from other users, so is it just my defense?

17. GoGators

In response to masler's post....I agree the cpu pass rush can get ridiculous at times. It can border on excessive, especially when they get 3 guys to the QB when only rushing 3. I wish EA would fix the blocking so the OL's objective was to stay in front of the DL rather than have it be a coin flip. At least this way you could move around in the pocket a bit and try to avoid some of the pressure. Not every play would be win/lose, there'd be all kinds of outcomes, it'd make the gameplay infinitely deeper too.

The WR thing I haven't seen that so I can't comment.

I wanted to point something out though. As opposed to past games, teams this year do have an identity. Now they may be extremely shitty and make no sense at all, but they do have an identity. Some teams load up against the run and some teams load up against the pass. Some blitz aggressively some lay back. It's one of the things you have to figure out and adapt your play calling to. You won't be able to pass against all teams and you won't be able to run against all teams, at least in my experiences.

I think it's something to keep in mind when getting frustrated. The game doesn't necessarily allow perfect balance from your offense. The defenses can try to force you to become one dimensional. Unfortunately they usually give you the other dimension than making you work for it.

18. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Since quitting NCAA '11 I've taken up playing CH2k8 again. I hadn't played it in probably a year and I started up my Michigan legacy from year 2015 (year 8 or 9). It's pretty amazing how far along that game was (in all aspects, but since this is a slider thread, I'm specifically talking about sliders) compared to NCAA '11, despite being 3 years older. For starters, the sliders actually WORK! Secondly, they come in granularities of 1/100 instead of 5/100 (something that EA desperately needs). Thirdly, I haven't had to touch the sliders in probably 5 or 6 seasons (after I got a team full of my guys which is much better than Michigan's default roster). With NCAA FB, it seems very difficult to lock them in. With the correct sliders, you get very diverse games. I've blown out scrubs, had scrubs play me very tight, beat down stud teams, had close games with stud teams (win or lose), and been beaten down by stud teams. Another thing I love about it is how each team plays differently. I can always tell when I'm playing Wisconsin or Purdue (especially fucking Purdue) without even seeing their uniforms. The same holds for MSU and Northwestern.

In short, I can't fathom how it's possible for 2K to get sliders so right (I don't play NBA games so I don't know how the sliders are for NBA 2K*) 3 years ago, while EA still can't get them right for their NCAA FB game.

19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Just played missisippi state. I think they are now perfect.

@Shaun Mason

Dont change a thing for a few weeks please. They felt really, really good.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I am in love with NBA2K11

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

The only thing that seems consistent for me in the run game. But when I am down 2 scores and need to score I can't rely on the run because there just isn't enough time on the clock unless I bust a huge run, but since my guys aren't speedy I can't really break through those hole AND burn everyone. One thing that I am just having to get used to is the accuracy, I find myself overthrowing open guys all day but I'm not bitching about that since it's just something to get used to.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm asking this honestly, but is the game not fun with sliders where they are?

23. GoGators

This is what pisses me off beyond belief. Add to the fact that the CH2k8 game you're playing was only in it's 3rd or 4th year of development. (NBA 2k5 was the first one right?) So 2k8 is better than NCAA `11. Now add to this fact that EA's been making NCAA football since Bill Walsh college football back in the early 90s and that's 15+ years of development. Add to that the 3 that CH2k8 is age wise and the difference is damn near 20 years of development..............this shit is just unacceptable!!!

It really makes me wonder how the hell EA is a public company and wtf their developers do all day.

In my career if people 3-15 years younger than me were kicking my ass on the job I'd be shown the door with much haste.

Oh, also add to the fact that CH2k8 was what $40? Meanwhile EA charges $60. It's a laughingstock!

24. GoGators

Honestly I like the challenge. (granted UFs wins have been pretty lopsided.) I think the results are somewhat realistic too. MSU getting beat by a team with the same ratings is fair, granted JC got punched in the mouth when he wasn't expecting it from the new slider set.

It's cool that we've seen teams that aren't super star teams get beat. I just wish we could have our cake and eat it too meaning that we could get realistic gameplay and realistic stats/outcomes.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Co-sign