Sliders......

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by jkhaalis991, Jan 24, 2011.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Drifter are the sliders gonna be adjusted to make the CPU a little harder?

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yes, forgot to do them last night...

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

can we bump up hum pass coverage? its really tiring watching your CB continue running 10 yrds after his guy has made his cut for a out or a in route..

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    For the last effing time, sliders don't fix that.

It's either they ghost away or you intercept every ball, IMO.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You want to win by 100?

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

no but i don't want scrub WR running 15 yrds free because my cb is running like its a streak route...its the reason i hate sliders.. players should play to their ratings. its pointless to have high coverage CBs if they are going to be beat by 70 WR with 65 rte running..

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    sliders are the only thing that are supposed to fix things like that. Unfortunately, the reason the DBs do that doesn't have anything to do with sliders or player ratings. It's just some random thing that happens entirely too often and doesn't seem to be correlated to anything.

I have, however, noticed that it happens less often to corners with high agility and awareness. It still happens though.

8. jkhaalis991

Drifter can you post what changes were done when you do them please.

Also boosting anything on the USER side I believe is not neeeded.

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think I just +5 on the cpu pass and rush defense.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I disagree with this entirely. The set Shaun was using in the Experience had my 97 ovr CB w/99 man cover and 98 play recognition sticking his man like glue. Now we're using the sliders that JC has implemented after Shaun stepped down and the same guy 6 weeks later is doing the same stuff BBJ and I have complained about in this league. Running around like he's chasing butterflies instead of playing to his ratings.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Didn't everyone hate those sliders?

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Because they couldn't beat good teams senseless.:) I'm sorry, but if you have B overall team you shouldn't average 45 points per game.

13. GoGators

People bitched, but that's because they expected to go undefeated against the cpu with their B squads. That shouldn't be the case. I liked those sliders cause every play was a challenge and it was fun and stimulating. I think others didn't like them cause their HB didn't average 8 ypc. Also in retrospect, the sliders we've moved to now in that league are boring.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    After losing 5 games in 5 years I figured it would be fun to have the computer challenge you.

15. GoGators

Agreed and it was fun. I still beat the cpu up pretty bad, but that's because I have talent on my team that would rival any of the greatest teams in CFB history w/25 guys rated 90 or higher.

The problem with sliders IMO is that everybody likes to say they want good "sim" sliders. Yet typically people only complain about things that don't go their way, i.e. It's unrealistic that the CPU's 70 overall DT keeps destroying my 95 overall RG". But things rarely get looked at from the other side of the coin. How many times have you heard someone say "Man that 99 overall DE for the CPU didn't get past my 72 overall LT and sack my QB enough in that game." Instead people think it's their input on the game. Not so fast, it's unrealistic sliders imo.

16. Bondzai

Oh ok, that makes sense. :thumbsup:

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Fighting words!:)

18. jkhaalis991

My thing is we are starting to blow out teams again & CPU games are becoming a cake walk.

What I don't get is why no1 wants to try anything on Heisman??? For 3 version of NCAA we been playing on AA & eventually the CPU gets easy.

This version it started out great, but now we are getting the recruits we want & CPU still can't recruit porperly(FSU had 8 QBs & 6 HBs when I took them over.)

I mean even for 1 season no1 wants to try adjusted Heisman sliders???

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am personally fine with Heisman. In fact, this is the first dynasty I have ever done where I didnt eventually crank it up to Heisman after 1 or 2 seasons. The biggest problem I see with cpu is decisions making, and sliders cant fix that however. Bad play calling, throwing a 3 yard route on 3rd and 12 etc... So to make the cpu effective, we have to increase the difficulty and have their players play better than they should to compensate. So I am definitely down to making the cpu games harder.

20. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i have no issues with heisman or maxed out AA sliders

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Then post the slider differences and let's take a look. I've adjusted this up and down. The User Pass coverage is at 40 in this league. I've moved it around with little difference.

I had the sliders hard as hell. People complained about a lot of aspects of them. Mainly the drops, which I can understand from a stats point. It was more of a way for me to control the power of the passing game. People started complaining the difference in user and cpu games as well. How they can complete 75% passes in every user game but barely 50% in cpu games.

@jkhaalis991

Do some research. Look at the leagues who have used Heisman. None of them like it. It's a drastic change and more than a 1 season process for us to tune. I haven't seen a set out there that people consistently like. I can develop a set offline, but it's not going to play right for half of the cheesedicks in this league. Plus, no one will like my set anyway.

I'll add a few more bumps here and there and see what you guys think.

22. GoGators

Shaun will have to chime in here cause I don't know what the sliders were set at.

23. jkhaalis991

@Drifter

They complain about heisman cause they can't win every game. We are blowing the CPU out on AA even top 25 CPU teams.

The drops I complained about, but after looking @ my WRs CTH rating, I seen that was the problem not the sliders.

This was the NCAA version when we finally get CPU competitive & they were for the 1st few seasons. Now we are destroying them(Not me personally, but I blank #20 Boise State).

We tried AA for 3 version NCAA & it is the same, the CPU is not competitve because of AI & their recruiting logic. We have to handicap ourselves.

Any1 in this league who said they are happy were the sliders are, loves that the CPU is a cake walk.

24. Bondzai

For those of you that say the CPU is a cake walk, take a look at my game vs. Wisconsin. I trailed the entire game and ended up winning by 1 point. You make the sliders much harder and I get beat by 28. Now I know I'm probably the worst player in this league but there has to be a point when you realize that some people will just beat the hell out of the CPU no matter what the sliders are.

The biggest thing for me is the difference in CPU and user games. I don't want to play all of these CPU games with overly adjusted sliders and then have my players react completely different during user games which play on default.

If everyone wants to make it harder, that's fine. I just don't think it will be as much fun, and there will be a lot of frustrated people. Not because they are losing, but because of the way the are losing.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

Bond has it right. I can adjust the sliders where some of the guys in here get realistic games, while 4-5 of you guys beat the CPU by 30 everytime.

@jkhaalis991 - It's not the fact Heisman was hard. They hate it because the CPU reacts cheaply to everything despite the ratings of players and the slider set. Shitty QBs robo-ing all over the field, slow DBs make impossible breaks on routes, FBs who dance around your LBs and then take it to the house, etc.