Sliders

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by ChaoticUT, Jan 15, 2012.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

2. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Too many touchbacks on kickoffs
    The ai should be pass happy as well as running
    Whats the purpose of threshold slider at 43? Looks weird, is there big enough difference from the default?
    i love a good defensive game but the ai runs for 250+ on me every game despite the rb's ratings and still loses, then i think making the ai more challenging will never happen, those sliders just dont exist
    Let's make the ai stronger not make the user weaker
    Im great at returning punts, since we switched to normal game speed, i have yet to house a punt, not sure if that can be fixed tho

Im on my phone, this is just off the top of my head, defense and special teams and ai playcalling/execution

3. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

I don't think the sliders are the problem. I think we leave them the same.

4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I don't know what all the settings currently are but I think CPU RB ability needs to be lowered. I understand wanting the CPU to be competitive and I have been winning the majority of my CPU games despite my issues with it, but it just makes it the CPU games not enjoyable for me. Personally, I'd rather see the CPU have an overly dominant OL than having their RB break tackles like they do. So, I would raise CPU run blocking and lower CPU RB ability.

5. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

We have no control over the CPU playcalling.

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Having experimented with both, I respectfully disagree. The RB Ability slider is much easier to counteract than the Run Blocking slider. I know you're frustrated with the recent success of CPU running backs, but it can be done... user's are in the top 3 in run defense. It definitely takes tweaking on your end and adjustments to how you tackle, but it can be done and managed pretty well. We're going to look at RB Ability for sure, but trust me, it's easier to have a RB who makes legitimate cuts and breaks some tackles rather than an offensive line, tight ends, and receivers who knock you on your back on 75% of runs and kickoff returns.

7. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I think the players that have success are the ones who play as a LB and are quicker to react to the run plays. For me playing as a DE, the RB typically gets a little steam behind them which nearly guarantees at least 1 broken tackle.

Personally, I just think it would at least feel more legitimate if the RB was at least running through holes. I can handle losing to the CPU. I just don't want to feel like we had to make their skill players play like super humans for that to be a possibility. We already win the majority of the games against them, we might as well not make them a pain to play against, imo.

8. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I would love to see one of your games vs the CPU since you play DE. I have no point of reference... honestly, I might have to try a game just to see how what is happening to you is happening to you.

9. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

I use the nt and that helped me alot. My problem was I kept running out of my assignment and created holes. As nt unjust plug and chase.

10. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I've found that I have to be blitzing on nearly every run play to have a shot. Typically, I like to start out games just playing some basic man and zone defenses...rarely blitzing. And that's been when they've really hurt me. Then, because I have no other choice, I start blitzing a lot and it slows them down(see my most recent game against Wisconsin). Now it has been worse this season than last and that's probably because I don't have as good of a DL...but it's not that bad of a DL.

11. Joe_THEDREAM

Not taking a shot at you at all, but, what position you play is a choice. You're DE skills in user games are damn good and make a big impact, but, if you can't win playing the cpu as a DE then you may need to experiment with changing it up a bit. I play everywhere, and i never used to. Like i've said a million times, this league humbles you, everyone is damn good. I've made a lot of changes to my game play since joining Z2H, you may need to do the same, obviously its your call.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Im aware, and thats sorta my point at the same time.

I think we need to boost the ai passing too, so it can reflect the running game, i know fellas, i know but just here me out,
    We're all used to the slider changes by now, im sure so its time to make the ai become fully competitive in all aspects of the game, plus if the ai is just as good passing as it is running then the playcalling should become more balanced, besides its the ncaa, only a few teams outside of the sec run the ball, lets see, u got the spread option schools and the option/flex option schools, its all about passing in the ncaa, our sliders should reflect that imo

13. Joe_THEDREAM

Outside the SEC?

B1G = Wisc, PSU, Minn, Northwestern, michigan state are all run first cpu teams.

14. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

U coulda left penn st and nw outta the mix, but still, thats two conferences outta 119 teams. Also, if guys think that its a good majority of the teams that they face run the ball alot, then that should settle it, our sliders are perfect, im in the sec, so i want my opponents to run the ball effectively, but i would like to see them pass just a lil more and my defense be a little more smart as well, but if we never change these current sliders, I'd still be fine
    One mo thang, whats the purpose of the threshold slider at 43? Is it really a difference from default 50? Just curious

15. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I understand that and have thought about it. My thing is that I like playing as a DE and I played DE in high school so I understand the reads and how to play the position better than other positions. When it comes down to it, do we really all need to play the game the same way to get somewhat realistic gameplay?

16. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Simply put, no

17. Joe_THEDREAM

I'm not sure anyone is advocating playing the same way. I'm just saying, if you can't win playing DE, maybe you should try changing it up. I couldn't win this year running a 5 wide hurry up on offense like i did in '11, now i'm run dominate. Gotta roll with each season and find what works, otherwise, get run over.

18. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

CPU running is definitely something were looking into. Of course the sliders are perfect because CPU RB ability also makes WR, QB, TE, ect. have great break tackle abilities. However, the CPU Run Block slider is very sensitive. I definitely agree with you though that I would like to see more "running through holes, not running people over".

19. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I don't think sliders are the issue I thinks it's CPU play calling on both offense and defense.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Ok just read this one and think this = I GET SACKED A WHOLE LOT! and I have a great O line.

I also agree the there needs to be more balanced play calling......

I stop the run well because I man blitz the crap outa them. I feel I am forced to because of the sliders. Truth is I try running zone and crap but it don't work for me. I get burnt every time vs the cpu. Not sure what the fix is I would love to run some zone blitzs and cover 2 or 3 but it don't work it sucks. Not sure if its a slider thing or just EA or me. They work vs users but against the cpu they don't work for me.

I would like to have a little time to throw the ball lol. But I can work with what we got it does help me make reads faster and stuff so It keeps me sharp.

21. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I also play the DT and it works well for me. I only play LB when I have him on a blitz because if I have to cover the HB or TE it might as well be a completion the Qb throws it to my man everytime and I cant cover lol.

22. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Here is the rub. The sliders are a by product of our recruiting. Because of what we can do in recruiting and swaying players we are forced to sway the sliders heavily to the cpu favor. We address the player quality standpoint and we can address the sliders. Remember how we had some great user vs cpu games as lower rated teams and much easier sliders. We are separating too far from the cpu in personnel and compensating with sliders.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I agree to this but its not a fix that is going to happen anytime soon. It will take 4 recruiting classes to get our teams sucky enuff to even start lowing sliders and that's if we are lucky. Best fix is to go to a sucky school now. But you cant do that with the current sliders and compete.

24. Joe_THEDREAM

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe_THEDREAM

Looking at the stats in detail, what are the thoughts on lowering the user pass rush by just a VERY FEW points? Right now, and i realize that lowering our overall recruiting ability could affect this, all users dominate the NCAA sack leaders. I think just a SLIGHT adjustment to this is due next season. Or we can wait and see 2-3 seasons as our new recruiting policies translate into on the field guys. Just throwing it out there. This also could have to do with facing many users, i know Fred Limbo is easy to sack, inflating many of our numbers.

• Like Like x 1