Sliders???

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Jan 27, 2012.

?

Use Sliders?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I had some sliders I was using in Night Owls before it died or I killed it, depending on your perspective. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys wanted to give them a go here. Nothing drastic, just gives the CPU a bit more of a fighting chance. Here is what I got.

USER CPU
    QB Accuracy 50 50
    Pass Blocking 55 60
    WR Catching 55 50
    RB Ability 45 65
    Run Blocking 40 60
    Pass Coverage 50 50
    Pass Rush 50 50
    Interceptions 30 30
    Rush Defense 45 70
    Tackling 50 55

I'll put up a vote and implement them after the advance if they pass.

Bucs
    Kapono
    gowazzucougs
    MexiRican35
    Wyrmreaver
    MaxATX34
    Jayrah
    Cheez
    Boom29

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

recchem2000

can you put what the comparison is to the old ones?

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

We aren't using any I don't think....

recchem2000 I vote yes, except I don't like the user catch going up.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I got $10 on Cheez being our first "no" vote. :D

By the way my yes vote is mainly because it drastically helpse cpu rush O and D. Imo we rush for WAY too many 200+ yard games with non superstar backs, and the cpu rarely has a 100 yard rusher. Its a no brainer imo

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gowazzucougs

We are it is called default. Should I just assume everything is at 50/50

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yes, 50/50 across the board

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll take that bet...Neal already voted No.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  8. gowazzucougs

recchem2000

What do you think of the sliders we use in the LCOS? The only real changes I have made were to kicking, I bump User WR catching up 5, and CPU Coverage down 5 or 10.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I didnt even know we had sliders over there :) I like the bumping up the WR catch but I would also like to get rid of conservative catch...the guys never drop the ball with this on regardless of what there catch rating is.

10. gowazzucougs

just take it out completely? my only objection to that is that is that it is the only way to stop the ball careening of the receiver's helmet. But I definitely understand your case of the receivers catching everything.

11. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

That's not true.... I use conservative catch a lot and still get drops when my dude gets clubbed...... I voted no, not that the CPU worries me, but with 5 user games per year I feel the sliders aren't as important...... plus those changes will drastically help some of the guys here who throw 20+ interceptions per season, making their CPU games easier instead of harder

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

But thats the only time they drop the ball...from my experience once you turn on conservative catch, everything is caught, and most balls are caught even when you clubbed the receiver right as he is catching the ball. Im just saying it takes away from the catch rating is all. You can just recruit speed and not worry about the dudes hands, just turn on conservative catch. At any rate, this would be something we would vote and that wouldnt be until next season. Im not gonna change anything as far as gameplanning this season.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

In all honesty, if I had my way, I would ban all gameplanning strategies. I think they are somewhat cheesy at best. You don't need conservative carry because the guys dont fumble like they did last version. Only reason you would need conservative carry is if someone turns on aggressive strip. But thats just me. The game planning nullifies the player ratings to some extent I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Its something we can vote on next season...no game planning changes this season. Did you find an 11th guy yet :D

15. Wyrmreaver

I'm open and willing to do whatever..... but I disagree, with conservative catch on I virtually never catch a ball "in stride" often my guy completely stops when he brings it in, if I swap to aggressive it's way different with guys catching it without slowing down at all but dropping way more often on contact.

As far as conservative carry goes, same rules apply, you are essentially accepting a bonus to carrying for a decrease in breaking tackles. I don't think by and large the strategies are cheese (exception is aggressive strip), I think they are trade offs that you are emphasizing as a coach. I use a few of them conservative or aggressive depending on the situation, where I feel it would be appropriate. Example, if you are up 14 in the 4th you would defenitely be telling your backs to hang onto the ball no matter what and they would be more focused on that and less on breaking arm tackles while the defense would be going for the strip on every tackle.

Like I said, I'm not married to the gameplanning, I just think that, for the most part, they are legitimate options for a strategic approach to the game.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I also wish commissioners could toggle all gameplan features on/off, but since we cant do that we might as well just keep them all and just use our best judgement with them.

What about Heisman default?

I am for some sliders, but nothing drastic though please. Once you start making big changes is when you see some of the really, jaw-dropping, WTF moments. And for the love of tebow, please dont mess with speed threshold. leave it at default.

Turning DOWN user interceptions? lol maybe it is just me, but I have the damnedest time picking off passes.

So, I will vote yes for more of a challenge but am fine with whatever we decide. We can always tweak them or change them back, so why not try it out and see if we can get some more competitive CPU games?

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Heisman default might be fun :) Maybe next season give a go. I also dont want to be changing sliders constantly. Drives me nuts. Im just throwing stuff out there to see if we can improve the CPU a bit.

That would great if they allowed that. But the more I think about you are right, since we can't no sense in banning them (except the obvious ones which I believe are already banned).

18. gowazzucougs

recchem2000

I want to withhold my vote for now. I want to play a few more games with those sliders. Based on my memory my offense was a bit inconsistent. Some games I could run the ball, some games I couldn't run the ball. Some games I could pass the ball, other games I couldn't. I want to study if the talent was a factor in the inconsistency as well. Also i want to PM PA about the sliders as well to address these concerns.

Also, in addition I may fiddle with WR catch. When you bump USER Catch, are you bumping your ability to catch a pass as a WR, or are you bumping your WR's ability to catch the pass if the CPU is controlling him? I have thought about that issue a lot.

19. Wyrmreaver

If you bump user catching all receivers have better hands even when CPU controlled..... If we go heisman you have to drop CPU interceptions and pass rush to like 35 or its a nightmare to throw it.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sounds good.

We should hold off any slider adjustments (if any) until next season anyways. I jumped the gun throwing this out here, sorry guys.

21. Wyrmreaver

I don't think you jumped the gun..... season will be over in what? 3 weeks? less? Anyways, doesnt hurt to get us all thinking about it.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

True...we do move in this league :D

23. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Well... jayrah was right about me voting no, at least

My biggest grief with sliders is that they only affect cpu games. User games are still on default. So when you mess with sliders, its as if you are playin a different game entirely -when depending on if you are playing a user or the CPU.

My vote is no, although not as feverishly so as conference realignment

24. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I really hate 50/50 but i'll roll with whatever.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We play alot of user games here so you don't get to much of the CPU...were working on some different sliders for next season. You may have more CPU games than most since I didnt do the schedules for Wisky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.