Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Fmode11, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Did we choose the same sliders that we finished the practice OD with? I just (re)played FIU and it was impossible to run the ball. Last night I put over 100 yards. Tonight they picked off 5 passes :confused:. 2 were out of left field...... Terrible game. Was basically stuck playing gun slinger the whole game. Last night when I played them it was field position. Tough to explain such different games with the same two teams.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    sliders are the same

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Wowza :(

4. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

Are we going to stick with 7 minute quarters?

5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I cant play on Heisman. CPU is straight cheese.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Why is it cheese? Examples or video

7. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Its cheese because the stats are boosted and for some reason on long passes my safertys stutter step to LET them get open.

All I know is I wouldn't have even applied for any OD that said it was Heisman difficulty. Maybe I should have waited until you were decided but your difficulty said "to be determined" or something.

Im playing SU for christ sake. Cant run, cant get at QB, cant stop their run, cant stop their pass.

8. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I made a commitment when I joined, so I aint going to quit, but Heisman difficulty is lame. Its not even the way these games were meant to be played. Whats the points of player ratings if the CPU gets to cheat them? And I can NOT control 11 players on defense to make stop them from purposefully blowing plays.

At least the User games and recruiting will be fun.

9. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

-___-

10. Ghost

95% of OD's on this site are running heisman, and if you plan on getting back in a Premier League, they all run on Heisman. I also played Ohio just now and didn't see any cheese, I mean ofcourse cpu is going to run no huddle all the time, we know that, other than that maybe it's you, not cpu..... Just saying.

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Have every intention of sticking through with this dynasty, not going to quit.

That said, premier or not, I won't join another Heisman dynasty next year, if that means not playing in an OD, than I wont play in in one. There's always Madden. Or when they ask people to run a new guy dynasty, I'll run an AA dynasty, and use sliders to make it a little more challenging vs CPU.

By the way my premier dynasty last year - AA.

12. Ghost

Am is now Heisman (y) and Idk man I rather have CPU challenging than us beating up on CPU every year. Heisman is more realistic IM

13. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Then I wouldn't play in AM. It was AA when i was there. Like I said, I made a commitment when I joined, (plus we have a cool group of guys) so I'm staying - but it will be my last Heisman experience. If that means its my last TSO OD, then so be it. There's always madden, at least TLY is on All Pro, and its all user games so I don't have to worry about playing completely unfun CPU games.

Personally I disagree with you 100% and think Heisman isn't realistic at all. One side should not have special advantages, it should go 100% by player ratings. It only does this on All Pro (Madden) and All American (NCAA). If the CPU is going to be challenging it should be because it has better players, not because it boosts its own players' ratings and causes your own players to act like they're handicapped.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  14. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well I can agree with Corey Haggard on a lot of what he is feeling. Last night I felt as though the CPU passing offense is ABNORMALLY strong. These guys look like they were making user catches (and I was playing FIU). They throw a ball up to a guy double covered and he gets it, 75% of the time. That isn't realistic. Now I thought, "Well maybe it's my terrible team.". But after going through others rosters (besides Big Suge Knight, since he's teams got All Americans on both sides of the ball) my team is actually is line with many other teams as far as "talent".

Note: I have one All ACC guy starting.

This was the reason for my initial post last night. I played FIU the previous night before we restarted and I felt like I was playing USC or something, not FIU.

I think what is fair, it to run the season all the way through and then make adjustments. Playing Heisman though will make you a better player overall Corey Haggard. Plus you won man, don't get so hot yet. Let 4 or 5 bad losses in a throw stoke the fire.

Bottom line, this OD will prepare you for the bust that will be Michigan's season this year! Go Green baby - ZING :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Would it be possible to use sliders to try and give our defensive linemen some sort of pass rush? (Next time you update sliders?) The main reason I use a 4-3 defense is to try and generate a pass rush without blitzes, and it just isnt working.

Usually DTs and DEs are like my #1 recruit priority, but if these average and below average offensive linemen keep playing this way, I think I'll probably switch to a 3-4 next year, and not worry too much about my defensive linemen.

16. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I upped USER pass rush this week so it should help some.

17. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Suggestions for Season 2 anyone?

I would like to see User picks upped 5 or 10 points, I've got like 2 picks all year. My players have dropped a minimum of 10 easy picks.

I've thrown a lot of picks, but if you feel you need to up cpu picks to justify upping user interceptions, That would be worth it to me.

Other than possibly a little more pass coverage, I think they are ok.

I think most of our issues are on defense, even against sub-par teams. Offense is challenging but not impossible, and we pay for our mistakes. I for one am happy with offense, although with 30 accuracy you can NOT try to lead your receivers, which is fine, I just dont do it.

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well Corey Haggard - I couldn't disagree more with you. I've had the opposite problem with interceptions and it could be a result of throwing a little more downfield I suppose. But after playing you and reading about your offense you generally throw quick slants, <5 yard throws? I have thrown an enormous amount of interceptions and feel the CPU doesn't drop one chance to pick it off. I would rather see USER interceptions upped, if anything. But that's my opinion, nothing else.

I agree with the offense part. I see some user are scoring 40+ points on average. I have no idea how there managing this as I'm lucky to break 30. I have a stellar starting QB/WR combo so it's not like I am completely without talent. Trying to run the ball thought is near impossible, outside of misdirection or PA. The linebackers break on the ball IMMEDIATELY everytime against me in normal hand-offs.

Curious to hear what some of the guys scoring 40+ points have to say. Or at least, share a few plays with the group (y)

19. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

^^^ yep same here. Running the ball has been near impossible for me, though i suspect it has to do with my playbook. Mistakenly chose Clemson for this year and all they have is shotgun runs. It would not be a huge deal but the best play out of shotgun, HB Counter, glitches every time and rules me down at the hand-off so I can't run that. Definitely swithcing playbooks next year.

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I had that glitch show its face against me (Wake Forest). Helped me for my first ACC win (y)

21. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I did start the season throwing slants a lot, but Ive actually been throwing the entire route wheel lately, and incorporating a lot more play action and screens.

But you're right, I do shy away from unsafe throws. Hasn't stopped me throwing quite a few picks. (11 I think?)

22. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

This bozo has 19 !!!

renfree.PNG

23. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

LOL. I dont ask my QB to be Warren Moon, I ask him to be Phil Simms. But yeah, I could see why you wouldn't want CPU picks raised.

24. Ghost

That Qb looks pretty good to me, maybe it's just you?

25. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

To be fair the cpu does jump a lot of routes on Heisman, especially on the deeper routes. Fmode must like the long ball, which cant be fun on heisman.