Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Oct 23, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Sliders

Yesterday Shadow posted this link from HackGolfers dynasty thread.
    http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9860

the thread breaks down what sliders do and how they really work.

I would vote to use these that they came up with with 2 tweaks.

I set those settings up and played multiple games with them. They make the game 100 times better. As is posted most sliders are animation triggers and the animations at these settings look 100 times better. defense plays better especially pass coverage. Ratings actually affect the game more.

I played New Mexico St @ LSU
    Colorado VS Colorado St

and i suggest guys load these up and try them. Stats come out what you expect LSU had 435 yds and NMS had 241. LSU won 31-0 and had control the entire game. But the key was it was not nothing, nothing, nothing, then robo QB. NMS made consistent plays and effort had 12 first downs and got to the redzone once. They just were not as good as LSU. alot of passes defended but no picks. A couple of big plays but mostly drives and planed execution drives.

When you test sliders you should spam plays, run plays flipping mass subs and testing non money or glitch plays. these did the best on all test i have played on NCAA 10. The score could have been worst but i was testing plays

there are still 2 issues to the set thats posted that i think needs tweaking.

The defense defends pass way better than you have seen, but they dont react to the ball as much as react to the receiver. you get in the way of lots of passes and knock the ball lose but you dont go for many ints. The animations wont let you user control in time when u switch player control to go for the ball.

not that you drop many picks. You dont go for it. you hit the wr or you get in the way of the pass. now the avg team picks 1.5 pass off a game in real life, so stats wise its ok, but LSU should pick the NMS qb 2 times if he throws 25 passes like he did. he ended up 13 for 25 for 160 yds.

easy fix up int slider from zero to 10

HB are still slower than there ratings. Scott had 110 on 10 carries and he broke some and he got stopped. he broke a 50 yard run and got caught from behind not by angle, so 9 carries for 60 yards is what he had before that.

The issue was Holiday could only just get the edge for 3 or 4 yards. I ran him 15 times and he only had 67 yards and the issue was his 99 speed did not out run the 88 speed LB to the edge any time, even when he had one on one to the outside, the LB stay with him.
    again easy fix move user RB ability up to 20 from 15, which is what the CPU is set at. The NMS RB ran 17 times for 64 yards vs LSU.

I would vote to use these even though they are all American sliders.

I think guys should try these. and use a good team vs a scrub team and 2 good teams. the settings make the game play and look, very good. You will see some animations you had not seen. Saw a cb and safety sandwich a wr on a slant with double big hits. The dline is alot better with better pressure. I played a dominant DE and he was killin me.

I have a 2015 Colorado dynasty that i advanced only to test progression, and CSU's DE had 3 sacks in first half and i had to gameplan around him. He ended with 5 sacks and i could not block him. In the same game i user stunted to the middle , Did a Reggie White hump move and big hit the QB who fumbled and ran it in. Won that rivalry game 30-24. CSU QB tried to make plays and drove to my 30 and the pass d MADE 3 straight pass break ups to seal the game including a ball to the endzone at the gun.

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I will test these out tonight when i get a chance. My main question right now is since they are all american instead of heisman is it easier? I don't want us blowing out the CPU week in and week out, but I obviosuly do want challenges and realistic type scores. That said i think the CPU difficulty is around where it should be right now, so if you could, someone please compare the 2. thanks.

3. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

hood we advancing or waiting till tonight?

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Tonight. Very late tonight, sometime after 11 is when I will get on, and them I have to set the schedule and do my pre-season stuff. Games will be up when you wake up tomorrow.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah, personally I dont want to go back to All-American either. But I am up for adjusting the sliders if it makes the gameply much better. But it needs to go through severe testing through all the leagues first.

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

That was my concern but scores i can remember was
    2015 Colorado 28 vs COL st 21
    2015 Colorado 27 COl ST 17
    2009 New Mexico ST 0 @ LSU 31
    2009 Oklahoma 24 Oklahoma St 18
    2009 Oklahoma 28 Oklahoma st 21

For the last OU game i bumped the Int slider to 10 and both RB abilities to 30.
    Murray 122 yds on 28 carriess long of 18 yds
    Hunter 47 yds on 12 carries
    Got my first pick.
    about to play TCU @ Florida 2009

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

FLA 34 TCU 24

FLA 428 yds of offense
    TCU 360

Half time 24-10 FL

Dont like the pass coverage.

They play the wr and hit him alot to knock the ball out but dont play the ball like they could.
    They play defense like Roy Williams from the cowboys who plays on the Bengals. That play to Stokeley should have never happened, that Den vs Cincy game. Roy williams is the deep guy and should wait and keep everything in front of him. He goes for the big hit and the ball pops right were he was standing and Stokley takes it in. Thats what these AI players do. They break up passes but they dont go for the ball/ picks.

AI rb ability need to stay at no more than 25 and user is good at 30 or 35. I had rb ability at 30 and the cpu scored the first 3 drives breaking all kind of tackles. I had to quit and lower and restart.

8. smace767

smace767 Walk On

After rembering some guy post that you dont test sliders on play now, I went back to a dynasty and the game plays much better than the FLA vs TCU game.

If anybody test these remember to not test in play now, test them in a dynasty.

what im testing now.
    All American

User
    QB Acc 35
    Pass bl 0
    WR catch 40
    RB ability 35
    run block 0

pass cov 55
    pass rush 65
    int 45
    rush def 20
    tack 35

CPU

QB Acc 35
    Pass bl 0
    WR catch 40
    RB ability 20
    run block 0

pass cov 15
    pass rush 40
    int 5
    rush def 15
    tack 25

9. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Just played a half with those sliders.

I took this dynasty and advanced and played a quality opponent on the road in Georgia.

The score at halftime was ND 35 UGA 0

ND stats
    Rushing - 18 carries 112 yards 2 TDs
    Passing - 16-22 226 yards 3 TDs 0 INT
    Receiving - Floyd (#1 WR) had 6 catches for 100 yards and a TD, Rudolph (TE) had 5 catches for 73 yards and a TD, Walker (#2 WR) had 3 catches for 39 yards and a TD, had a few other guys with 1 catch all between 6-15 yards or so.

UGA stats
    Passing - 4-8 29 yards
    Rushing - 10 carries 7 yards

User rushing felt more realistic, passing it's still easy to pick a team apart if no pressure is applied, but it's hard to find the exact right balance for everyone there.

I played it about as realistically as possible on both sides, and I don't think I ran the same exact play twice. Defensively I played the FS like I usually do, and only blitzed twice with him. Offensively tried to stay balanced until the final drive where I threw a bunch of passes because of time left.

10. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Yeah I blew out that same Colorado St team that i play to a 30 -24 game, 41-10 and had Mass subs in 3rd QRT. and the scored off to fumbles.

Its hard to find a balance. The sliders that i posted are way different then the ones i played most of the games with

user pass cov was 15 i bumped to 55
    user pass rush was 40 i bumped to 65
    user rb abil was 15 i bumped to 35
    CPU pass rush was 60 i lowered to 40
    CPU tack was 40 i lowered to 25

a few more but how it was was fine until i played TCU @ Florida and The advantages Florida has did not show up IE; Defense and Speed.

Its not what the user does. to truly test sliders you pick the play and watch to see how the AI reacts because thats what sliders are suppose to do. Change AI abilities. But against TCU, who is a good team TCU played and looked faster and made too many plays on offense and defense against the strength of what Florida does. Its hard to balance. I had posted lets keep ours then i edited it and took that out.

I think we should keep ours but these going back to the original numbers and tweak, are really good.

The issue is the user offense is under powered so i raise that affect and the user defense is ok but has no ball awareness which i straight dont like. even if teams were held to 14-26 and 160 yds. not attacking the ball was not good. so if any body can tweak the original set it can do some good.

And noknee just for my curiosity play that same game with the slider set the way they are suppose to be.

User Skill:

Offense

QB Accuracy: 35
    Pass Blocking: 0
    WR Catching: 40
    RB Ability: 15
    Run Blocking: 0

Defense

Pass Coverage: 15
    Pass Rush: 60
    Interceptions: 0
    Rush Defense: 10