Sliding Lineman

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by ChaoticUT, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Jul 19, 2010
    How many of you guys use this feature? L2 + direction, when on offense

I havent really used it that much because when I do I feel like I get burnt.

I understand on a pass, slide right when they load right and slide left when they load left, but what about the aggressive one? (L2 + UP) Like when would you use that vs. when would you not use that?

What about in the running game? Any of you use it for like dives and slide middle? or on zone plays and slide to your zone side?

Any tips or tricks would help. I wanna use it, but wanna understand it a bit better first
  2. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Dec 20, 2010
    If I ran more of the FleXbox One like I normally would have I used it A LOT...not so much with the Pistol because my reads are so fast.
  3. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Nov 26, 2010
    Of all of them, I've had the most success with the aggressive one. It seems like the lineman actually kind of try to block when I do this, but there seem to be a lot more holding calls.

Recently I've only attempted to slide away from a back/tight end that's staying in to block, or if there is no defensive rush threat outside of my tackle, I'll slide away from that side.

Ultimately the success I have throwing the ball is a byproduct of getting rid of the ball quickly in rhythm or keeping extra guys in to block while not being afraid to throw it away.
  4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Nov 7, 2010
    I'll L2 up, aggressive blocking on a quick out, or over the middle, thinking that if a blitz is coming would slow it up or if defense is reading aggressive blocking as a run, then by calling a quick pass, better chance of was said above slider left or right to slow down pressure, although have had better success to change the play away from pressure..
  5. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Oct 8, 2009
    I use the aggressive block on all my dive and blast plays, usually keeps the opposing DT'S from being superman in short yardage or if they are jumping the snap.
  6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    This is a pretty good discussion, as I always wondered about the slide protection as well. I've NEVER used this on offense, although I think I will start trying it out now