Slight Change of Format

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 30, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd
    BPHusker
    sawemoff

So for now, we're ditching the spreadsheets for recruiting and we're going to use the tables like we did last season. I've cleared the game summaries forum, so you can make a 'team' page and post your final recruiting classes each year in that thread. You can put as little or as much as you want there, but a great example can be found here:

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/california-golden-bears-football.69263/#post-810771

We will still post weekly game summaries in the weekly advance threads, as well as a recruiting thread for each year. You can simply copy your recruiting classes and game summaries to your team thread for archive purposes.

2. fuzzyl0gic

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

All -

If you have trouble remembering what your first couple classes were like, and don't have them down anywhere here in the forums you can go back and find it by downloading your roster from the dynasty wire (see BP's guide in Qwons rankigns thread). Open up the excel file it comes in and sort your players by class. I found last years complete list of guys by filtering and only leaving true soph's or rs frosh's. Works like a charm, except on a few I had to guess what their overall came in at, so I usually just account for a +4 in offseason training.

Just a little tip.

Also I would recommend keeping your archive of recruits in an exxcel file through google docs. You can embed it here on the forums and when you update it it will be automatically updated here. If you need help with that let me know.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

.... also everyone should do this because I have some ideas for content once players go through our system their whole careers (by my math it will be this season, another, and then their senior years for redshirts-- that math was hard).

So yeah, do this ish, even if you haven't controlled the team the whole time you can figure out who came in when by opening up the excel file of the roster. It will take a few minutes, but will be worth it I think to see what guys started out as and where they finish.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I think there is some confusion here guys.. we aren't posting game summaries in those threads.. unless I'm wrong- which could very well be possible.

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Okay so what thread do we post our game summaries on? I thought it was these lol

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The weekly threads (I.e. this week you would post your score in Season 4 week 1)

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

But please don't...lol

10. fuzzyl0gic

Holy shit you got blown out!! What happened?!

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

To sum it up quickly, my team dominated the trenches on both sides of the lines.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

-Cougars-
    fuzzyl0gic
    CoachRedd
    Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    JQwon13
    Philstyle3005
    hornfaninbama
    BPHusker

Apparently fuzzy plans on implementing a new rule: No hot routing unless it is to keep someone into block. -- I understand the reason for this as it is to easy to take advantage of the defense.

Just a heads up everyone, new rule here.

One question fuzzy, what is your reason for this? And what about formation audibles and regular audibiles.

13. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

:eek: What? Seriously?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

im just the messenger

15. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Can we (as a league) discuss this?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

ask fuzzyl0gic

I'm open to discussion, but also fine with not allowing hot routing.

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm very fine with not allowing hot routes.

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Seems like this would be tough to police. Is this only for offense or are defensive hot routes not allowed either?

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

While I agree, I also think we have a good enough group to where people would have the respect for one another to not do it.