Slight delay.

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Slight delay.

My xbox has red ringed. I'm so pissed. I have an elite too, the ones that are supposed to be immune to this bullshit.

My buddy is going to drop his box off at my house afterwork tomorrow so I can finish up the preseason tomorrow evening. I had just got done uploading the schedules (let's hope they stay there, it took me forever) and then it froze and wouldn't ever boot up again.

Calling microsoft........

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

that sucks man. did you download the game to your hard drive? I'd start doing that as it helps it overall.

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, everything I play is on my HDD.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That really sucks Drifter. My xbox's dvd drive is starting to really go south on me at the moment. I ordered a new one and it will hopefully be here pretty soon, but I am thankful that I have NCAA and Madden on my hard drive so that I can still play them. The thing is literally about to crap out.

Hopefully you are back in action soon! Damn Micro$oft with their money-making schemes... :D

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

damn that sucks Drifter.....

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I think someone in Tradition 1 is hacking his xbox so they can catch up.

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Just wanted to know what the plan is?

Im assuming we will just wait for Drifter to get back up and running, but I was just wondering.

I opted out of the Madden league, just too much of a time commitment and with another baby on the way, didn't think I could make the commitment needed.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    My buddies xbox is back at my house waiting for me. I'll be getting on around 7:30 cst to start 'er back up.

OM, come on dude. Stop making babies and play some games...

9. OMlawdog

Yeah it was a tough decision. If the FA and trade feature was fixed and it was a smaller league I probably could have swung it, but I didn't want to commit to a league that was going to take tons of my time and Im not sure how much time Im going to have.

Honestly this league is taking up most of my available free time, anda 32 team user league just sounds nuts at this time. I really wanted to do it, especially since the Vikings just landed Favre.

10. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

honestly i expect more to follow your footsteps as the madden hype begins to wear off.... i dont mean to be a dick, 32 users will be a tremendous challenge, the schedules alone, will make it diffcult then you add into that once hte season gets rollin and users decide they dont like their teams or the random bitching and complaining that takes place in a league with that many owners.... no offense to the powers that be or the guys still in the league, but i just dont think that can feasibly work with that many people for very long... hopefully they can get through a season or two, but when late november/december rolls around and NHL/NBA are in full swing, its gonna be hard to commit so much time to madden........

11. OMlawdog

Honestly I also didn't want to slow down this league. This is by far more fun than last year's game, and if the CPU continues to recruit well, it can continue to be fun.

More than anything it is a time issue. I just don't have the time to balance all of it, plus work.

12. theSANDMAN215

I'm thinking the league may just get less users because of people quitting for one reason or another. We should have a solid core group that stays together that will make madden fun.

Ryno knows what he is doing, and apparently has done this for 10+ years on the cpu, so I have faith he will keep it strong.

I just think it will lose users for one reason or another, which may not be that bad of a thing.

13. theSANDMAN215

yeah i hope the CPU continues to give us a challenge. seeing Rawlins lose to the CPU has me excited the CPU can be a challenge.

I think once the first four seasons are over and that progression bug is gone, it will be even better.