Small Issues with the Online League

Discussion in 'The Sandlot - The Show '15 OL' started by Ryty, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

A few things -

1. Everyone's roster should now be functioning properly. If not, please let me know ASAP.

2. There are players on the FA list that will mess up your team. This is a known glitch that SCEA is "working on". So, if you sign one of those players and your lineup is suddenly empty, release that player immediately.

3. The pitching rotation for CPU teams is broken. The number 1 starter will start every game unless you manually update. I've given each user the ability to swap teams with the cpu and change their rotation before you play. In order to do this, go to the "User Management" option and swap teams with the cpu team that you are playing. From there, go into that team's rotation and put the next starter on the list as the number 1 (that would be the starter with the most stamina). After that, go back into "User Management" and swap back to your team. I will be posting a list of team rotations tomorrow. With only 29 games in the season, it will be easy to spot a user that is not adjusting the rotations properly.

Ok - I'm sure more issue will pop up. Looks like EA isn't the only one that has trouble like this. Let me know if you see anything else that needs to be addressed.

HAL9100
    _MG_
    Diddy81
    Blackattack87
    NeuroticTruth
    Randiesel75
    SFRANGER6969
    uagrad90
    DrunkenSoldier
    controllerabuser
    redwings8831
    thirdalarm
    cadepetty247
    KnightNoles
    OhDaesu19
    pitt4life21
    HAL9100
    G_T_G

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

ryty32

Always tryin to get fancy and changing the font...

Font like this
    enter
    enter
    Up arrow and then alert everyone, that way you change the font back to normal and enable alert codes

;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Arial is boring.

5. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    When did TSO become a beauty contest?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Hey...what happened in our 3 game series in the dugout? It looked like you only scored one run in 3 games. Is that correct? :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Dont make me go all Richard Sherman on your ass.

• Like Like x 1
  8. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Good luck fellas hope year 3 is a smash hit.

PLAY BALL!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Getting my first game in now, woohoo.

Any idea when the rotation issue is expected to be patched?

10. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Are we using a 3,4 or 5 man rotation??

11. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

5 man. We monitor the amount of starts that each team's starting pitcher has. At the end of the season, your top 4 starters should have 6 starts and your 5th should have 5. (Simple quick math for NeuroticTruth.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Also I tried to swap users with the Angels to fix their rotation but it kept telling me I did not have permission to do this. Please add my permission today so I can try to finish my series. Thanks

13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I just swept the white sox in your honor.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

NeuroticTruth and I were able to play game 1 of our series last night. Unfortunately the game did NOT register. This year, unlike last year, stats sre not counted for games that didn't register which blows. So should we just replay the game since if you resolve it stats will be skewed?

ryty32

Also we did experience lag through out the game....the bar was mostly yellow, at times red, rarely green. Even with the lag it was very playable but I was having trouble locating pitches since I use pulse. We are both hard wired with good connections. Here's the thing an owner in my other league was in the same boat....good hard wired connection but all his games were laggy. Another league member walked him thru port forwarding via aim...took a couple of minutes and bam his lag disappeared. Both guys, he was playing the guy that walked him thru before and after, said it was like night and day. I am by no means trying to throw NT under the bus but I think it would not hurt if anyone that has a good connection and experiences lag to try this. It may just be a game saver. Thoughts?

16. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Good idea. Would you mind walking a user through it if they have a poor connection?

Also, if you don't mind I would just replay the game. Of course, that is up to you guys. I can reset when I get home.

Finally, throwing NeuroticTruth under the bus is always an acceptable practice. Actually, it is encouraged.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'm fine with replaying the game..

• Like Like x 1
  18. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Unfortunately I have no clue how to do it. I had the verizon tech support on the phone with me because I couldn't get into my router. A member of my other league walked me thru it...this isn't the same guy that I posted about above....I actually think that when we did it we may not have completed it 100%. I was reading that the PS3 has to be a static IP and I don't believe we did that when we port forwarded my router. I am going to ask him again so I may have to do it over or at the very least make my PS3 IP static. So the long answer is I cannot help anyone but I would to imagine someone here at TSO would be able to assist us.

NeuroticTruth I have no problem repalying our game. ryty32 I don't believe you have to reset the game because in game it looks like no game was ever played.

19. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Just out of curiosity, do you have a headset? And can you use headsets while playing The Show? I'd like to speak with the guy that put Simms in his place tbqh.

20. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Lol.... I do have a headset and they can be used while playing the Show although some claim they contribute to lag but I will use them for our next game.

21. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Well hit me up on AIM tonight, I should be free any time after 5 PM CST. Maybe we can get a few games in.

22. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

FWIW NeuroticTruth and I both port forwarded last night and it was like night and day.....buttery smooth even with the headsets. Highly recommended if you are experiencing lag.

Great game NT....had a blast!

ryty32

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  23. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, it definitely was a lot of fun! Its too bad our 3B are broken.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great! Glad to have you in the league!

• Like Like x 1
  25. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Hmm I need to find out how to do this port forwarding stuff. I like butter. Lol

• Like Like x 1