SMFL Kicks Off 8/26

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

SMFL Kicks Off 8/26

Okay, I'm sick of waiting around for owners to finish spreadsheets. Those who are not finished can certainly do so, if they are not finished though you will not be sent an invite to the league. I will also be sending out a message on XBL to the owners informing them of this post and the FA period's starting.

I wanted to wait for a preseason roster update and if we catch word before 8/26 that one is coming, we MAY push back the start date. Otherwise, 8/26 is kickoff.

Now, something important to note, FA officially starts now. The bid deadline for day 1 FA's is 8am est tomorrow, 8/24. That means that if I don't have your bid for FA's in my PM inbox before then, your bid is invalid and you will need to resend your bid before the day 2 deadline.

Preparation:
    Thoroughly read through the FA rules before you start bidding for players. I will not accept bids from owners who do not have their spreadsheets finished. Owners who do have their sheets finished are allowed to bid. Please also keep in mind I have posted revisions for some of you in the Salary Cap Spreadsheets thread and I still need to review some others. I will review the ones that still need to be reviewed TONIGHT 8/23.

Some of the main points of the rules I'll list here.
    1. You may only submit 4 bids on day one and 2 "new" bids on each additional day. You may submit an unlimited amount of counter offers.
    2. Going over your salary cap (250$) by bidding on FA's will have penalties. Plan ahead.
    3. Once you make an offer in a PM to me, it is final. There is no retracting offers. Once you've signed a FA, you must keep him for at least 1 season.
    4. Leaders on day 1 FA's may make ebay bids. Make sure you specify it is an ebay bid AND specify that you still want it active for the next FA period.
    5. You do not have to offer a signing bonus to Free Agents. Sorry this was not clear earlier.
    6. After the 4th day, FA is on a first come first serve basis.
    7. Once your FA's have been signed and sealed, please update your spreadsheet.

Summary of important events over the next week
    Day 1 FA deadline 8am EST, 8/24
    Day 2 FA deadline 8am EST, 8/25
    Day 3 FA deadline 8am EST, 8/26
    Thursday, 8/26, sometime in the evening: Invites officially sent out IF your spreadsheet has been declared "Ready." You may now join the league AND sign your FA's from days 1-3. You may also play your game if you don't mind not having some of your day 4 FA's that you may have bid on.
    Day 4 FA deadline 8am EST, 8/27
    FA's after this deadline are on a first come first serve basis. Sign the player to your roster and he is yours.

Now, lets get this thing going.

2. Keller

Bump for front page.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Is the only list of available FA's in the game?

4. Keller

Hmm, good point. Again you could start an offline franchise to look OR use this list that the TMFL compiled of notable FA's, its not very comprehensive but for maybe Day 1 it could help you out.

Column 1
    Player OVR POS AGE
    Matt Stover 81 K 42
    Jason Elam 80 K 40
    Raheem Brock 78 RE 32
    Mike Goff 77 RG 34
    Leonard Little 77 LE 35
    Darren Howard 77 RE 77
    Terrelle Smith 77 FB 32
    Maurice Williams 77 LG 31
    Dan Kreider 77 FB 33
    Jon Runyan 76 RT 36
    Levi Jones 76 LT 31
    Kendall Simmons 76 RG 31
    Dewayne White 76 RE 30
    Justin Fargas 76 HB 30
    Justin Griffith 76 FB 30
    Steve Heiden 75 TE 34
    Dan Campbell 75 TE 34
    Kamar Nesbit 75 LG 33
    Reggie Hayward 75 LE 31
    Kwame Harris 75 LT 28
    Angelo Crowell 75 ROLB 29
    Carey Davis 75 FB 29
    Ephraim Salaam 74 LT 34
    Melvin Fowler 74 C 31
    DeWayne Robertson 74 DT 28
    Sean Mahan 74 C 30
    Oren O'Neal 74 FB 26
    Anthony Henry 73 CB 33
    Paul Spicer 73 LE 34
    Ladell Betts 73 HB 31
    Brian Russell 73 FS 32
    L.J. Smith 73 TE 30
    Jeremi Johnson 73 FB 30
    Alex Smith 73 TE 28
    Daniel Bullucks 73 FS 27
    Kendrick Clancy 72 DT 31
    Mitch Berger 72 P 37
    Marquand Manuel 72 SS 31
    Chuck Darby 72 DT 34
    Kenny Peterson 72 RE 31
    Sean Ryan 72 TE 29
    Adrian Jones 72 RG 29
    Joe Klopfenstein 72 TE 26
    Ahman Green 71 HB 33
    Daunte Culpepper 71 QB 33
    Damion McIntosh 71 LT 33
    Mark Simoneau 71 MLB 33
    Kenny Smith 71 DT 33
    Nick Harper 71 CB 35
    Seth McKinney 71 LG 31
    John Owens 71 TE 30
    [/QUOTE]

5. Keller

Also I want to note that I will NOT be looking at your PM's prior to tomorrow at 8am. That way I have to make up my own mind about who to bid on and what price before seeing what everyone else bid. SO, in saying that, if you had any questions in your PM or something, I'm not able to read it. Make sure if you have questions you send a separate PM or post here.

6. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I sent you my bids for free agents. I have a question though, I know you can increase the signing bonus, but can u increase the yearly salary?

7. Keller

You can increase both. Just keep in mind, when increasing the salary, that you are increasing it by however much over the life of the contract whereas the signing bonus is only applied in the first year.

So for a 3 year contract, 1$sb only increases the total bid value by 1$ but a 1$ salary increases the total bid value by 3$, 1 for every year on the contract. I hope that makes sense. If not, I'll try to explain more. Check out the example I wrote out in the rules to see if that makes sense.

Also, everyone remember (I only say this because I realize I was initially not very clear,) you do NOT have to pay FA's signing bonuses. You only have to pay them their required salary (or higher if you want.) Use signing bonuses on FA's to outbid other owners, in general.

Some owners use it as a way of managing salary cap as well. For example if you know you're going to have space in season 1 but not season 2, you want to load up on a FA's signing bonus because you're only required to pay that the first season and then his cap hit will go down for the remainder of his contract. Make sense?

If ANYONE submitted their day 1 bids not knowing the very important tidbit about not requiring signing bonuses, please feel free to resubmit. I have not opened anyones bids yet so I have no way of knowing. Just resubmit it and tack on to the title "Revision" or something like that so I know. Then I'll just delete the old PM without reading it.

8. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Ok, thank you

9. jsw930

jsw930 Walk On

yo, when is the week 1 advance gonna be because i dont know if i can get a game in until late sunday night

10. Keller

I'm thinking Sunday night is probably a good time to advance but I can do it Monday if need be.