SMFL Start Date

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

SMFL Starting Date

As we are not in a very big rush to get this thing going, we will certainly be waiting at least week to kick this thing off.

I still need to gather members, iron out rules, select some owners to help manage the league and get a feel for everyones desired pace of the league.

If we end up being a smaller league we'll look to move faster and if larger then we'll look to move slower. Make sense?

Again I'd like to reach out to everyone and just say that this is OUR league. If something about the league does sit right with you speak up and we'll talk about changes. That goes for now as well as for the duration of the league. I plan on being as visible and forthcoming as I can be about everything involving the league so get at me guys.

*Edit*
    This is being scrapped. We MUST use EA server rosters so this is not possible.

2. Keller

Are you guys anxious to start or do you guys want to continue to wait while we pull in people? Remember that the longer we wait, the more updated our roster will be BUT also remember that we will get in LESS years by doing so.

3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

maybe post something in the new members area so they can see that the league is looking for more members, as far as start time, i could care less if we started tomorrow or next week.

4. Keller

I have been recruiting as best I can on here, on OS as well as other sites. Its not looking to me like we're going to get a full boat but I'm really quite happy with 16 so far (assuming everyone sticks around.)

I will continue to recruit through the weekend and make a decision Monday next week on a firm start date.

In the mean time everyone has to start working on their spreadsheets because those are going to take a bit for everyone to sort out and for me to confirm them.

5. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

I think maybe just set a date to try and shoot for next week. Then we can have some more time to allow people to join, but that's still not too long for anyone getting anxious to get going. Just my .2 cents.

6. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Yeah next week sounds like a good start date. Maybe shoot for Monday or Tuesday.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Monday night at 8pm.

8. Keller

No one has their salary cap sheets completed yet so Monday is doubtful.

Have you guys given any thought to waiting until a preseason roster update releases?

I really don't care when, but we aren't starting until people have their spreadsheets in good shape. As of right now we have 1 guy. And trust me, you guys are going to have questions so I have to answer all those and get everyone "on the same page."

I will start it as soon as everyone's spreadsheets are done. We are looking at picking up a lot of members right now though, so things are sorta on hold for a moment. (Badabing has a league about half full and he thinks those guys would like to come here.)

9. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

What about a preseason tournament to tide us over until everyone can fill out their spreadsheets and we can get the league close to full? It would give us a chance to play with our teams in a sim-style environment until the league is ready to begin. Also gives us a chance to get to know each other a little better. I'd be willing to administer something like that...

10. Keller

I'm okay with it. Badabing you're more than welcome to create a league and call it the SMFL preseason and invite anyone on here who says they would like to participate.

Otherwise I can do the same thing.

11. BadaBing319

I think the best route would be something I could administer here. Would also be a great way to test settings (All-Pro vs. All-Madden, quarter lengths, run off, etc).

I'll get working on this and have something up by morning. In the meantime, I'm working on getting us some more owners as well...

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'd be down for joining a preseason franchise. I'll say the same thing I said in TMFL about All-Madden though, it's been impossible for me to run the ball. Lots of times the d-lineman are at my runningback as soon as he gets the ball

13. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

I'd be in for that. Let me know.

14. daveyboy79

daveyboy79 Walk On

I would be up for that.

15. Jspray34

Jspray34 Walk On

Thad'd be good

16. BadaBing319

Sorry guys, something came up this weekend and got super busy. Working today but will try and see if I can throw something together tonight.

17. LONGLIVETHAK1NG

LONGLIVETHAK1NG Walk On

the sooner the better, tired of the cheesers online.