SMU Mustangs 2011

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by UofCWildcat, Aug 15, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]
    SMU Mustangs 2011 Team Page

Schedule:
    Week 1: @ Texas A&M 24-55 L​
    Week 2: UTEP (Cougar) 41-28 W​
    Week 3: Arkansas St 58-13 W​
    Week 4: @ Memphis (Mnoffke) 28-21 W​
    Week 5: @ TCU 49-42 W(OT)​
    Week 6: Bye​
    Week 7: UCF (JasonKapono) 29-14 W​
    Week 8: Southern Miss 17-26 L​
    Week 9: @ Tulsa 24-14 W​
    Week 10: Tulane (Mad Money Merk) 14-42 L​
    Week 11: Navy 63-7​
    Week 12: @ Houston (Irishbearcat)​
    Week 13: Rice (Steamer)​
    Week 14: Bye​

Impact Player:
    QB Kyle Pardon​
    RB Zach Line
    MLB Taylor Reed

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

SMU Rolls Over Rival Navy
    [​IMG]

Zach Line tells a Navy D-lineman to sit down.

Overview:
    Navy came out of the gates being a 2-7 team looking for a good win to have a good thing out of a lack luster year. SMU just came off of a horrid loss to Tulane and they had something to prove. The first quarter was very quiet with SMU having a hard time moving the ball and Navy being unable to capitalize with good field position. But in the second Navy's hurry up triple option offense made a few plays and scored. "We were obviously not ready for the tempo navy was wanting to throw at us. We were gassed and it wasn't looking good." Says Coach Lambdin. "I had a good speech bottled for my guys after that score and that is where things got interesting."

And interesting they got. SMU put together a monster two quarters in the second and third. RB Zach Line and QB Kyle Pardon got their mojo going and they went berserk. Zach found WR Darius Johnson twice on streaks for scores. Zach got the running game moving with some big runs. One run was particular sparking to the offense when Zach Line through a D-lineman to the ground and went running past 5 Navy defenders for a score. "It was a great feeling to throw a guy who had 50 plus pound on me to the ground and then out run people. It showed my strength and speed all at the same time. Hopefully the scouts were watching." Says Zach.

The defense too made some huge plays. Defense totaled 8 turnovers, 6 fumbles and 2 picks. Defense scored on two of the fumbles. "Defense got a jolt from the offense's success and it showed. After some big plays and two turnovers in the red zone. It was quite and achievement." Says Coach Lambdin

SMU travels to face Houston for the first ever Brethren Bowl in the C-USA.

Highlights:

[​IMG]
    Zach Line making a move.

[​IMG]
    Ryan Smith intercepts Navy's QB in the end zone

SMU Scoop and Score 1​

SMU Scoop and Score 2​

Zach Line's Beast Run​