SnB Random Sports talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cgreen214, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

How long do you guys think Chip Kelly's offense will work this well in the NFL? I think he has the perfect players for his offense with the eagles and will continue to do well. I think towards the later portion of the NFL season injuries and fatigue (with this pace and number of plays per game) will start to slow this offense down a little bit, but until then..watch out.

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I think they will easily have the best offense in the NFL this year. But I may be biased, I am a huge Chip Kelly fan

3. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I like Chip Kelly and I love his offense, but I think that coaches in the NFL are too smart and once they start gameplanning, this offense won't work as well against some of the better defenses in the league.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    If teams keep the redskins idea and fake injuries, it won't work nearly as well.

5. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I think he'll so well as long as he has an athletic QB - the offense won't shit on teams like they did at Oregon but I think he'll make the Eagles a 9-10 win team this year.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  7. LeGeNd RiPs

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I hate you both lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

No not mad...just letting you cheer for your team and feel good about them. I know its been a while since Miami was relevant and hey that "might" happen this year. Yeah son!! But yes I still hate you both lol

• Like Like x 3
  11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Cgreen214 as an outsider looking in I think UF is in trouble. I think this could be a 7-5 year with a coaching change at the end. If and this is a big IF you can talk Charlie into coming back to Florida I will be worried about whats going on in Canesville but with the Bitter Badger will muschamp as coach I am not worried. Same goes for those chumps up in Tally I think UM has the best coach out of all three.

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

13. LeGeNd RiPs

I think Driskel is the problem.
    They're relying on him too much and he just can't cut it.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah he is a head case. My problem with Mushmouth is the fact that he bad mouths during recruiting. Yeah everyone does it but not to the extent that people talk about it in public. Golden Al said as much after the game and in a couple of interviews on monday that he was tired of UF running their mouth to recruits

15. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Still pisses me off WR Demarcus Robinson went to Florida over Clemson. As all us Clemson fans said, have fun in that offense LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  16. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think Muschamp COULD be a decent coach but Florida was too much too soon for him. No one can deny that dude knows defense. The problem is he had done a shit job recruiting skill players and offense in general. IMO he would have been better off getting HC experience at a lower level school before taking a top 10 job like UF.

17. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    On a coaching note, I'd like to hear some unbiased opinions on Bo Pelini. Do you guys think Pelini is a good HC?

Most Nebraska fans are pretty much 50/50 on Pelini but I'd like to know what you guys think.

18. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I predicted 8-5 for them in the chat box and got called a dumbass. Driskell is pure garbage. Running game is weaker this year. Muschamp better watch his seat.

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Who?

• Like Like x 1
  20. LeGeNd RiPs

I think they'll be lucky to go 8-5, man. Their schedule is pretty tough and there are no garunteed wins in the sec. They looked like crap Saturday. Their only chance of having even a winning season this year is their defense.

21. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Agreed. But I meant they called me an idiot because they were predicting 10-11 wins for them.

22. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Boy, that Florida win sure went to your head didn't it?

Pelini has lost 20 games in 5 years. Golden has lost 11 in 2 years. BTW, rumor is Pelini was UM's #1 choice when they hired Golden....don't be mad that he turned you guys down. lol

Don't even mention NCAA sanctions because taking over after Bill Callahan was a FAR WORSE sanction then anything the NCAA could impose.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey bro I know where I came from (mid to late 90's, larry coker year 3-5, Randy Shannon ughhhh) to where I think we are headed under Coach Golden, I still think we lose 2-3 games this year as depth is still an issue what I am so pumped about is the way Golden does things. He runs a very tight ship he holds people accountable (unlike that guy at USC) and he expects the best from everyone associated with the team. A lot of people want those things but very few succeed in getting those things) As far as pelini I am not going to speak to things that I don't know about. From an outsider looking in Neb should be on the second tier of coaching jobs out there same as Miami. It is a school that I don't think did themselves any favors moving to the Big 10. Staying in the big 12 gave them a solid hold on texas players. They could always tell the kids they would have 2-3 games in TX a year for their family to see in person now you have none. I think they are middle of the pack and the guys they used to get are now going to Okie St and Baylor which is sad for such a historic program. I don't see how they turn the corner unless they land a big time QB.

24. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's awesome man, in this day and age of college football, a coach like Al Golden has my 100% respect. It sounds like he and Pelini are very similair in regards to how they run their program. I love Pelini, as much as the media portrays him to be some maniacal, angry coach who only screams at referees and players, that truly is not who he is. The players have his back 100% and he has increased Nebraska APR every single season he has been there.

I think Nebraska is below Miami on the coaching totem pole simply because its in freaking Nebraska. How do you convince elite recruits to come play in Lincoln, NE when most of them have no idea where that is. Not many 17 year old kids are picking snow and corn over beaches and bikinis.

I'm not a delusional fan like some Husker fans are, who believe we should compete for national titles year in and year out. If Pelini continues to do right by the university and students I will support him. Losing 3-4 games a year is not unacceptable, the blowout, embarassing losses are.

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

ok so I was talking to one of my friends who is a Tenn fan and we were talking about HC's and the pecking order for coaching positions this is my top tier and I felt both Tenn and Miami were second tier I think that there are 10-15 jobs like that Nebraska, Whisky, A&M, auburn, SC and I thought Penn State was close to a top ten job but not so much now.
    1.Texas
    2.USC
    3.LSU
    4.OSU
    5.Michigan
    6.Bama
    7.UGA
    8.Florida
    9.FSU
    10.Oregon
    I feel like I am forgetting someone what do you guys think?