Sneak Peak: Florida - Georgia

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MaxATX34, Jan 25, 2011.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    So, there are a lot of new members in the 4th Horseman and some of you may not be aware of how important this game has been every season.

HotRod, I may need some help here remembering exactly how things have went down, but this is the 3rd or 4th time in a row that UF and UGA have met as #1 and #2. Each time the game has been decided by no more than 3 points(iirc) and I believe the winning team has went on to win the SEC and make a NC appearance every time.

UGA has had Florida's number for most of the rivalry but UF finally won last year. The Gators jumped out to a big lead early and held on for dear life. Florida went on to win the SEC, but were blown out in the NC vs. Miami (Parrothead played the CPU bc I was out of town).

This game has decided recruiting classes, school prestige, and Championships every year. This time its no different.

UGA and UF are again #1 and #2, undefeated, and the Cocktail party is the last meaningful game on the schedule for both squads. I know the Dawgs will be gunning for the W this season and both teams have had this one circled in red on the calendar.

Georgia was in a bit of a rebuilding mode last season and UF was just hitting their stride. This year though, both teams look Championship Caliber and Georgia will no doubt be looking for revenge. At the same time UF will be looking to prove last year wasnt a fluke.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Feb 11, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    I believe we've been #1 and #2 for last 3 matchups definitely, I had a loss in season 1 so pretty sure I wasn't up there that season. Last season you beat me by 8, but yeah that start I had was horrible. Can't get down 21-0 and expect to win. I will be without my top two running backs which really sucks because they are 95 and 94 OVR. Hopefully the third stringer can contribute.