So 6-6 from a BCS conference doesnt get a fucking bowl game?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SteamboatReb, Aug 1, 2012.

1. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Doesnt it account for the sliders?

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

3. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I am about done with it. Just not fun for me. Looks like thensliders agree with younthough. Lol.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Don't get discouraged man. Just put your nose to the grind and beat the hell outta these guys!

• Like Like x 3
  5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Reb, I see why you are complaining. I understand man. CPU screwed you, but at 6-6, there have been many teams that don't get a bowl, IRL. My defense was not up to par for me this year. I could have very easily lost 4-5 games this year. I am surprised I managed to keep a level head when playing, because in the past, I have not when the computer starts to frustrate. There were quite a few games that I won on the last drive. I enjoy the toughness of the CPU.

6. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

I don't feel like the cpu is screwing me. The sliders are screwing me. Where the sliders are set is human controlled. I say make it as hard to run the ball as it has been made to pass the ball. That will not happen though.

7. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Reb dont feel bad at least you got 6 wins better than me

• Like Like x 1
  8. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I still say I got screwed in our game! ;)

9. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Well lets look at the slider settings now that we have played a full season and see what needs to be tweaked. Does anyone else feel that their passing game has suffered?

• Like Like x 1
  11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I felt like my passing game was right where I expected it to be, compared to VDB's performance IRL last year. More INT's than last year, but less experienced receivers. I had more of a running game than I expected. Possibly set user pass block down 5 or cpu pass rush up 5, but not both. A very slight change. I thought that it was over adjusted originally. Other than that, I felt the game played very well. Still see CB's in the flat walk into the backfield 5-6 yards while in man coverage.

12. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

We need to make an 86 QB and 86 QB. Cutting coverage up to 100 and accuracy down to 10 penLizes passi g teams with good QBs. The cpu defense aginst the run is not as as high and running abilities by users not nearlynas lows. Teams who are run first have a distinct advantage.

13. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

It is the separation between certain sliders that make the overall effect. Possibly set user catch up 5 or 10, and accuracy up 5, but most users were right in line with the CPU as far as completion percentages. I have no problem with lowering passblock or raising cpu pass rush to nullify some of these advantages, as well as lowering either run block or RB ability. But RB ability affects all ballcarriers.

Effects of settings:

User catch - high ratings on WR's will make impacts more often. Will see high spec. catch ratings trigger different animations, good release beat press more often, good route running get better separation on cuts, and high catch guys with less drops. My best WR has 89 catch and dropped 11 balls last season.

QB accuracy - will make better throws closer to the edge of their range, and more precise throws under pressure. Better on the run throws. Less throws behind or way in front of receivers.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I throw the ball fine and run it well at times.

• Like Like x 1
  15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I agree Diddy. Like I said, I felt VDB threw like he actually will this year with Iowa. I felt that I should have had a few more pressures, because my line is not a great pass blocking line, just good, but that is just a small adjustment. P.S. - was Georgia RB a beast against you this season? He was only credited with 4 BTK's against me, but I am pretty sure it was more like 12-15.

16. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    As someone that has an equally shitty team, I feel your pain / struggles. I had my problems passing during the season, honestly though I think a lot of it for us has to do with quality of players and timing. I was having a LOT more problems with drops earlier in the season and I still do somewhat, but once I finally got my timing down passing things have opened up a bit more.

17. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

NCAA is a completely different beast than Madden as well.

18. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

i was pretty good.. im usually a 55% passer with decent qbs, Showers is a young rook and was nearly 60% and barely any INTs.. as for running the football. i think its spot on a very powerful back like michael was getting 4.7ypc which is out standing. against good teams. and 800ypg vs fcs schools ;)

• Like Like x 1