So close....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roadhouse, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

So close....

The Commish and your friendly, neighborhood Roadhouse locked horns for a great game. CLW was looking to keep his foot on the throat of a conference foe, and the R to the iz-H was just looking for any kind of sunshine. And that would have been fitting, since CLW was in the Sunshine State. His connection was a bit choppy through out, but it was far from Dshban.

I'll cut to the chase. It was an back and forth affair through 3 quarters, deadlocked at 21-21. While I couldn't force C-Dub to punt, I did hold him to a field goal late in the fourth.

So it's 24-21 bad guys, and Dat U get's it's proper swerve on. We worked the ball inside the 1 yard line, with a 4th and goal. There's 1:58 left on the clock. Kent State calls their last TO. Miami comes out in a goal line set, and it looked like they had all their big boys on the line.

And then...

then...

you know what the fuck happens. We break up like Beatles, only worse. No connection, but C and I are messaging back and forth. Go figure.

Anyway, you also know what the fuck will happen next. We'll replay, CLW was wax my ass like Rain Dance, and I'll continue to slide. dammit it all...

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

lmao at least you didnt get beat by wyoming

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Not yet, at least. And Wyoming won a bowl game last year, right? They are almost legit. Don't feel too bad about taking it hard by the Brokeback Cowboys.

But I did get beat by Eastern Michigan. The EMUs are the next to last ranked team in this game. I got beat at home, by over three scores. If you're looking for a contest in futility, look elsewhere. This one is oh-vah, as we say up in the East.

East Siiiide! What!

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

that did suck ass but i could just tell the disconnect was coming. the last roady drive the connection just got progressively worse. hopefully, tonight will bring better luck from the hotel internet gods. however, i am somewhat pessimistic. if not we shall get the game in when i get back to the People's Republic.

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Like there was any doubt as to the outcome. Sorry you all waited for this POS game to be played.

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

EA bent Roady over and took care of business. Just wasn't his night. Even when he made plays (i.e. forced a fumble) I'd catch a break and the ball would bounce right to me.