So Dick Enberg is calling Padre games...

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

So Dick Enberg is calling Padre games...

And I'm not sure how I feel about it. They had a great TV guy a couple of years ago in Matt Vasgersian. Last year they went with sort of an unknown but good guy in Mark Neely.

So Dick Enberg eyeballs the job and says he wants it and they give it to him.

This guy literally makes shit up. I mean.. 95 MPH fastball down the middle.. That's a slider on the inside corner. And Mark Grant (color guy) can't correct a guy this well known, right?

Listening to a guy with such a well known voice you automatically think he knows what he's talking about until you start paying attention. Yikes. He can't pronounce our shortstop's last name. Evern (that's Everth!) Cabrera...

sometimes a guy just needs to retire.. Maybe he'll get the hang of it and provide more of a professional air about the team or something, I dunno.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Another thing I notice is that he always (ALWAYS!) refers to the 2-1 count as "the action pitch"

I thought the action pitch was any count in which the ball was put in play. Is that something from 70's baseball broadcasting?