So far, I'm far from impressed...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by klaximilian, Jul 14, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

So far, I'm far from impressed...

While the gameplay and the new locomotion design is pretty awesome and has tons of potential, I have found numerous issues with the game make it very annoying to even try to play at this time..

1) How in the name of Zeus's A-Hole do 2 RB's on opposite teams combine for 14 fumbles in one game?

2) Servers are crap right now, game DCed for no good reason on my game winning drive with less than 1:00 left. Weak...

3) Ran a PA pass with Andrew Luck, and he just held out the ball and continued to run with the ball out as he just play faked...but he held it out and ran backwards 30 yards until someone tackled him. WTF?

4) You can't leave a lobby room without the game crashing and bringing you back to the PSN menu. Really EA?

Lots of issues that need to be worked out for this game to be good. Like I said, it has potential to be great, but right now Im thoroughly disappointed...

2. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Can't say anything about two or four but I haven't seen 14 fumbles in a game let alone more than three(three total in the game I am playing now but it is raining) and never seen any problems with PA so far.

EDIT: Just as I posted this La Tech fumbled again on a kickoff but I am chalking this all up to the rain.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have noticed the run back 30 yards fake option thing and then they try to pass. I'm not sure what is up. And the EA Servers are always shaky when the game first comes out. Lots of people playing.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

360 version has an issue with the fumbles but not that bad other than that the game is awesome

5. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

the patch was supposed to specifically fix 3 but it didnt which is crap .only seen it happen vs osu. i expect another fix soon

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

The PA Pass issue is one specific play (PA Fake HB Screen I think it is called) and it actually doesn't always happen if you flip the play.

Had the play run just fine with Idaho's playbook. Granted, I got sacked because being a PA HB Screen, you have zero time to throw the ball most times...

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

1. On Heisman you don't fumble as much and R1 on PS3 is used to cover the ball. Honestly I have yet to see these crazy fumble numbers it seems everyone else is seeing. And the CPU running back gets stuck in "vulnerable" animations, something the OS community have made the devs aware of.

2. I ran a game wirelessly from Germany with no lag or DC. Surprised everyone in the States is having a problem.

3. It's the PA Screen. On operationsports individuals, including myself, who have provided valuable information which includes videos for the EA devs to work on.

4. Haven't had that one so I can't comment.

It's a game... they'll get it fixed... soon you'll get "EA sucks" posts and "2K5" was better and all that... its still a great game with some hiccups... surprised no one from that GameChanger program, CD, or E3 caught any of this... kind of thought that was the purpose

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

For the record, I think the game is solid. It just has alot of issues that I think it shouldn't have at release. I understand the server issue since I always get games the days they are released. I'm more upset with the number of fumbles and the glitch plays. That sort of stuff is frustrating and should be worked out before the game is put into production...

Just played another game though, I only saw one fumble. It's very hit or miss...

9. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

I had one of those multi-fumble games. Something is wrong with the fumble logic, because I threw an INT, and the animation showed his CB effectively pitching the ball back to my WR after he had run 2 yards forward with it. The announcers announced the interception, as well as the fumble - so it wasn't as if it was a misplaced animation. There are just some games where the likelihood of a fumble is set WAY WAY too high, and things happen to compensate for the amount of fumbles that the game thinks should occur.

My main issue so far, and I am LOVING the game, is the ability of LBs to interfere with long passes, if I am passing down the field, physics says that the ball has to raise at some point coming out of my quarterbacks arm, and yet its as if EVERY long pass (And Im talking 30+yard attempts) has an IDENTICAL trajectory, which puts the flight of the ball, what, 11' feet in the air maximum in order the for LBs to be getting a hand on it. I think I had 10 balls swatted down playing UF online. It was ridiculous. It reminds me of the old Madden AI where DBs would swat down balls that there was no physical way of them seeing.

10. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I agree with the fumble logic. I am seeing 3-4 fumbles per game, which is crazy if there's only 70-80 plays being run by both teams combined in a game.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

What difficulty are y'all playing on? One of you should mention that in the operationsports "Bugs and Glitches" thread since they have developer interaction over there. Personally, I don't see as many on Heisman but it should be addressed.

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I agree 1 million percent. But the developers gave the community an opportunity to play the game before it was released so they tried to make it less stressful for the rest of us. We don't know if any of those guys mentioned it but by judging by the patch list it seems as though they didn't catch it either. Expanding their GameChanger program seems logical but then again it may be too many hands in the pot.

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Stop fighting for yards and you'll stop fumbling. I've played a ton of games (I've had the game since last Fri.) and I only fumble when fighting for yards after contact. Stop doing that and you should be fine.

14. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I had the 30 yard sprint back play in a user game with RTP. Other than that, all good hear on the home front.

I am loving this game like JFunk loves "5 finger Sally"

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The glitch play was uncovered by the Game Changers, they are aware of the issue.

As for fumbles, I haven't had much problem, but if you try to juke with the stick like you have in the past I can see it being a problem. The right stick is much more subtle than years past. Everytime I fumble it is because I am fighting for yards.

16. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I don't see the fumbling problem. I played 3 games last night and only fumbled twice. This was with 8 minute quarters. Once I was fighting for yards and the other time my QB was blindsided by a blitz.

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You people are fumbling because you are in the habit of pounding the R stick forward as you get tackled which does not work in NCAA 11. You will fumble every time if you do this, especially with a small back

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Thank you.

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

GameChangers to the Rescue!!(y)

20. Hova

But agreed on the servers part, they are terrible as of right now

21. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I'd have to imagine your back's carrying rating plays a bigger part this year than in the past because of this as well. if you have a guy with awesome hands you might be able to fight a bit more, versus a butter fingers getting stood up, fighting and getting it poked out.

how many times have you watched a real game, seen an RB fighting for an extra inch with guys all around while you're yelling "go down! go down!"

IMO a much better system than the phantom fumbles from last year and before, with guys just putting it on the carpet for no reason.

another thing i noticed last night is you have to be a bit more aware of your QB and the position he's in taking sacks. if he's vulnerable and gets lit up there's a good chance he'll put it on the carpet.

22. Hova

It's also a blessing because the "push forward on the stick and fall 5 yards forward even tho you are falling down and teleport up" is finally gone ;)

23. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

played an awesome online game with ryno last night and a few offline games. so far i'm pretty impressed.

i do think on passes down field you need to put a bit of loft on the ball instead of just drilling it in there. had an LB knock down what would have been a TD pass to a guy 10 yards behind him, but i tried to rifle it to the guy instead of putting some touch on the ball.

i like how the position of players matters. i.e. if you're WR isn't in a good position to catch the ball he's likely to drop it (versus guys catching balls from all angles in years past).

The OL/DL interaction is greatly improved. No falling down DTs tackling RBs any more. and for the first time in a while draws and delays actually work.

really a lot of it comes down to big plays being the result of mistakes or something you can see happening on the field. not DLs magically running through lineman or guys making crazy ass INTs.

you really feel like you have more control of the action on the field and not that some plays have been scripted before the ball is even snapped.

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My first game online i ran for 272 yards......hmmm

I felt like I had less control over my running back. Yeah I have to fish out the hole but as soon as I interacted with a defender it feels like I can put the controller down.

25. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Straight Chedda