So here it is

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Colemanchu, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So here it is

[​IMG]

Anybody out there know what I do now. I turned it back on and it worked but I'm not too optomistic that will last.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

First off: Yikes! That REALLY sucks man.

Secondly: Might help to get it off the shag rug like that and onto a flat surface to help it breathe. Sitting it on something like that, I've had my 360 freak out and get really hot too (which, btw, is what causes the RRoD) so I'd definitely think about doing that.

Thirdly: You could get ghetto and put a fan of some type blowing like a motherfucker at it to help keep it cool. Might be able to squeeze some extra time out of it.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I just read on xbox.com that when those two lights are flashing it means overheated. I only pull the box out onto the carpet (not shag:p) when I have the controller plugged in. It might have to do with me having my A/C set at 83 degrees during the day, I'll let it cool off and see what happens. Either way it's still bs that a machine like this would overheat.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have a $20 x360 fan that I got at gamestop, and it has been so worth it. It blows all of the heat right out of the unit.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So I turned the thing back on earlier and it worked fine. Now I turn it on and no hesitation at all blinking. Bullshit! Has anyone else dealt with this before so I know what to expect when I call these fools tomorrow.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    They will fix it and send it back.

It takes a couple weeks.

Get it done before '10 drops.:) If you have a buddy who has one, borrow it.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I don't need a receipt or anything do I?

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

no just go to xbox. com and register it and them make out a repair form. a ups label pops up and your good to go. you have to have a box that doesn't say microsoft or xbox though so none of the cons at ups steal it..

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

definately get a fan...

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Or a PS3.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I just had somethin' weird happen to me.

When I turn the 360 on, it gives me a red light in the same place as the 4th controller light would normally be and it gives me a system error saying to contact customer support with xbox...

WTF does that mean?

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

that is an e74 error it has to do with the video cord in some way. Try a different cord. If that doesn't work call xbox support. I own a pawn shop and I get 360's returned a lot xbox support is pretty helpful and if the system is still under warrenty they will fix it for free. If it is not under warrenty they want a 100.00 cash and they will fix it and give you a 1 year warrenty on top of that.

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

If it is a E74 error you're screwed. The E74 is a new version of th RRoD. Thats a message essetially saying that you melted somethig inside your Xbox. I got the E74 message about 3 months ago. Not fixable, and I had to get a new Xbox. No biggie for me since I had th Best Buy prp.