So how do you like your new schools?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Jul 19, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

So how do you like your new schools?

After getting a chance to kick the tires a bit, how are you feeling about the team you picked?

for me its a very different playing with a traditional offensive powerhouse (that doesn't seem to have much of a defensive tradition) that is much more passing oriented.

plus the whole left coast thing. I've never used a team west of Ann Arbor before lol.

Biggest difference is QB Luck and a couple of very talented WRs. I've tended to have mediocre players at those positions in the past and certainly very rarely an impact player at one or the other (only one I can think of was Michigan's WR Mathews his senior year).

My OL isn't quite what I was hoping for and probably the one hole I need to address long term. And my RBs are good but nothing spectacular.

On defense my OLB Skov is a beast but the rest of the D is solid overall, but with few real playmakers aside from Skov.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am a bit indifferent. I love the school but I read on another forum that someone posted "I hate playing Wisconsin every game" (regarding to random online play). Apparently from looking at stats from the XBOX tourney the rushing stats are INSANE. Some guys ran for 300+ with Clay in the first round. I ran for 270 in my first game every played vs Ryno. LAst night vs the computer I had 170 with 2 min left in the 2nd half playing with chew clock on.

So in my head I am playing with a cheesy school.....I feel dirty. I look forward to when the all of the players are MY recruits.

Well I do love the Pro style offense. I lost my back up HB Ball for 6 weeks last night as he played the whole second half. This sucks.

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

they're almost like the perfect storm.

beast 250 pound running back who takes perfect advantage of the new size matters system.

plus the part that doesn't get enough press IMO, one helluva fucking offensive line - all over 300 pounds and all 92 overall or above.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes I think it is more the OLINE then anything...the whole are stupid. I ran for more yard with the back up in the 2nd half.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's a bit mixed but in the end pretty excited.

The UW Huskies have always been a favorite of mine. I went to WSU but I've never been the "I have to hate them because they were our rival" type, I went to a lot of games at Husky stadium... And their tradition and uniforms are all vastly superior to WSU.

On the other hand, as a 3-star school in the left hand upper corner of the nation... there's every little positive about the recruiting side of things. I'm pretty much screwed. There's zero (that's 0) good players that like me. So this has to be a good year. Kinda like that challenge though.

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Well at first I wasn't excited about Purdue, then I really wasn't excited when I found out Marve wasn't on the roster.

After taking time to learn the game, figure out an offensive identity and actually putting it to work, I'm getting a little more excited about the squad. My QB though only a 76 ovr is not as bad as I thought. I have a solid RB (who got hurt in the first game no less). Great #1 WR. Defense is solid, beast DE, solid LBs. Unfortunately my very good players will all be gone next season (Top 3 WR, DE, LB).

On to recruiting...well we have pretty good pipelines for being a school stuck in Indiana. We have Florida, Illinois, Texas, GA. Unfortunately our pitches are crap and I'm battling ND, OSU, Florida, and Georgia for decent recruits. Fun, fun, fun.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

To belabor the point, we're using default sliders, so the rating of the QB is for the most part inconsequential.

I love Purdue. Stadium, uniforms... everything.

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Can't you just let a guy be happy about his QB for a little bit. Damn you Helli!

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

As a kid I was a huge UCLA fan and loved all the California teams. Rams, Lakers, Dodgers, Bruins.

I grew up loving the Bruins, Wolverines and Cougars...the Cougs almost got taken when I had the chance to swap before we started...but man I would have spent the entire dynasty trying to get up to a 4 star.

I love the Unis and the stadium. The team is just ok this season and the bench isnt that bright, after getting hosed out of my reshirts it will make it even tougher down the road.

Recruiting is really hit and miss, we have some decent talent interested in us but that talent really likes other bigger schools also which is very problematic in this years game.

All in all I am happier with this team then any other. I told Blaza and Helli this was the team I have wanted from the beginning and would take them every season if given the chance.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I picked the perfect team for my offensive tendencies :)

Savage has a GUN, throw power off the charts and his accuracy is good too.

I have a nice stable of WR's to throw to as well, so I feel like I can pass on any and everyone here.

The defense is a bit underwhelming for the most part aside from my secondary. Rutgers has TONS of speed.

It just feels good because I've lived in NJ for most my life, so taking Rutgers was a good fit IMO right now. I just hope I can get recruiting down now.

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Although US's spread offense doesn't fit my M.O. historically, their personnel is pretty damn suited for it. Our O-Line is average, but we have speed all over the skill positions. Everything starts with QB BJ Daniels who has been stellar in the first few weeks. He has wheels to buy time in the pocket, and can take a lick (94 INJ). My WRs are fast and physical, but are seniors so we will look to bring in some fresh blood in that department. We've got a decent stable of backs with Senior Mo Plancher being the bruiser and Lindsey Lamar (5'8 170, 94 spd) being the scat-back.

Defensively, our front 7 is young, but I think they will be very capable in the next 2 or so seasons. I love keeping a stocked secondary, and USF fits the bill. JR Quinton Washington is a sticky man corner with extremely high awareness. Behind him, we have some smart big safeties and a fleet of speedy corners.

We will need to win games and continue to hit the recruiting trail hard to find success. Although the Bulls are probably the lowest rated of the user teams to begin, I think the potential for success is still there.