So how does Jimbo start his HC career?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JOEDESIGNS, Dec 3, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

So how does Jimbo start his HC career?

He picks up three rivals 150 recruits for the 2011 class in 72 hours.:D

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

If you think the recruiting class matters, look up your `05 class. They finished right behind UF's rank wise. Then compare their records.

So, in other words, "keep it in your pants".

Hahaha. You guys have always had talent. It's what you do with it once their on campus is where you guys have fallen off.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Our staff wasnt as good as UFs was at the time, now that we have said our goodbyes to the best defensive coordinator in the modern era and Bowden along with the other incompetent coaches that we have

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

It's funny, all my gator buddies are telling themselves this means nothing as well, and once Kirby is named as DC watch the dominoes fall. FSU is feeling LUCky

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Is FSU's new defense going to be way less stubborn? I mean, when you have people that cannot play man coverage playing man coverage because "THAT IS THE SYSTEM", how are you going to win games? Systems that don't evolve with the game kill programs.

6. GoGators

Don't get me confused...I've always understood FSU is a threat. It's always a big game and never a gimme. The past few years have been really bad, it'll be fun to have the game gain it's meaning back again.

I do think it's interesting though how you guys are all quick to throw the man that built your program and led you guys to top 5 finishes for 14 years straight under the bus.

7. KnightNoles

umm well since he has lost almost close to 50 games the past decade when he only lost 19 in 14 years..

8. GoGators

Yeah, but the game is cyclical. If you don't believe that you're crazy. No one program can win forever. Look at Michigan, Miami, Notre Dame,
    Alabama, UF, USC, etc.

Programs rise and fall, they have to.

"No one tree can grow to the sky"

9. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

He threw himself under the bus when he hired his incompetent son for OC and then let him destroy the offense inside and out, not to mention before the hire he was quoted "if I can't hire jeff, then I'll leave." He can't keep his wife's mouth shut then at practice says "ask ann." And since when do gators care about the coaching situation at FSU?

10. GoGators

That's a pretty silly question. Probably started caring about the same time you guys started caring about us, when the rivalry began.

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thats just it, I could care less about you jort wearing rednecks.

12. GoGators

Another classless name calling from a Gator Bowl hopeful.

You know you fall asleep at night wondering how you'll get back to our level.

:dance nana:

13. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

What Gator Dreams are made of -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIS4zqdfpKE

14. GoGators

15. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

So you want to do that to urban and tebow? Not cool (n)

16. GoGators

Yup, I'd love to be in a photo with them guys holding the BCS trophy.

17. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

ok...so we're done?

18. GoGators

You haven't started anything in the last 6 years

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

(y)

19. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

You're absolutely right. But now that we have a full staff of coaches, I expect things to change.

20. GoGators

Yeah, I don't know why you assume I'm a jackass gators fan. I like to think I don't always have my orange and blue goggles on.

You guys have always had strong recruiting and talent (why? I don't know, must be because of the coeds, the stadium is pretty cool too)

I don't follow FSU closely enough to know, but things seemed to go wrong after Weinke graduated. Why? You guys kept getting the same talent, UF was still in the Zook era, and Miami was coming back to earth. So what happened? Did Bobby go senial over night?

You guys have continued to have great playmakers (Lorenzo Booker, Xavier Lee haha, Christian Ponder, etc) but don't do anything with them. The offense this year was legit until Ponder got hurt. The defense is always pretty solid, or at least has the potential to be.

I just think you guys have recruited talented kids that don't want it bad enough, i.e. Greg Reid. From what I know the kid was 110% Gator commit until Urban wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot. So what does he do, he commits to FSU. Kids an amazing player, but that's not the type of mentality that produces greatness.

Also, I'm not that impressed with Jimbo. I think the teams been in his control for a while now. Bobby's just been a talking head. But, I'll digress to you because I'm sure you know more about the situation than I do.

I still take Urban over Jimbo any day of the week and twice on Saturday. But maybe we'll have better games in the future.

But please don't run around talking trash when your teams asking for favors to get into the Gator Bowl.

21. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I don't consider you a jackass at all. It's just in my blood. Ever since I was little I was taught to hate orange and blue.

Greg Reid will be astounding next season and I am glad Urban wouldn't guarantee him a spot.

Once Jimbo gets going, and we have a FULL staff of coaches things will change. Anybody outside the program has no idea how stupid things got between our staff. Jimbo had some control, but Bobby's decision was always the deciding factor.

As far as the Gator Bowl, it's stupid we go at 6-6, but they want a sell out and being two hours from the Capital City helps. Go Noles.

22. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

being a die-hard nole fan, im so glad bobby was forced to retire. i just wished they could have done that about 3 years ago when we had already hit rock bottom. it's been so hard to deal with the noles being such a non-factor.

i completely respect what bobby has done with this program, but the more you look at this team for the last 10 years the more you have to wonder what the hell these coaches were doing. i get so tired of everyone saying their recruting has fallen off, take a look at the classes of the last 5 or 6 years, their right up there with all the powerhouses. every problem with the noles has been coaching, look at how well the offense played with ponder, is it a coincidence that we actually have a legitimate offensive coordinater for once that knows what to do with talent.

i really dont know how jimbo will do as the top dog, hopefully he can bring in a def coordinator that will cater to his talent and not play the same way that he did 15yrs ago when he had 3 first round picks on the d-line. if he can do that, i think we can once again challange the gators for king of florida.

as for the gator bashing, i hate florida like all noles fans but i have to give them their due. they are right now the best program in the nation, it will be interesting to see how they do once tebow and all these talented juniors leave this year. i know they reload, but as usc found out this year, it's not always that easy.

cant wait for next year to start already, let's hope jimbo and co can hit the recruting trails and land joyner, luc, green and possibly a couple of fsu's famous signing day steals.

23. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Luc is ours to lose, and Jimbo and Coley won't let that happen.

24. KnightNoles

Really? I hope your playin dumb or something.. but this is ridiculous

Something called 14 straight top 5 finishes and able to produce NFL talent---> why havent we lately see next quote.

Top assistant coaches left the program, most notably our offensive coordinator Mark Richt and then FSU was "forced" to sign beloved Jeffy. Our aggresive man to man defense scheme needs the right players and Mickey didnt adapt to change.

When we get everybody to play like this kid, watch out. Greg shows amazing heart and goes out there and cares, along with Nigel Bradham, Nigel Carr and Christian Ponder.

Check the offensive numbers, we have progressed every year that Jimbo has been our offensive coordinator. If we even had a top 50 defense we would probably have 2-3 losses this year instead our defense was around 100.

Jimbo hasnt even stepped on the field as a Head Coach yet..........

25. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

FSU picks up it's 4th commit in 72 hours! WAY TO GO JIMBO!