So I was in Urban Meyer's office today . . .

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Diddy81, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

So I was in Urban Meyer's office today . . .

and it was bad ass. He has wood floring all the trophies and rings on display. Signed mag covers from all his former players posted. Great pictures of family at some of the big games over the years. Percy Harvin had just sent him his Pro Bowl Jersey. The renovations to the coach's office area is amazing. It was a great experience for a life long Gator fan. Obviously the coaching staff lays it on thick when they want your guys but these were some great guys and they are good at what they do.

He offered a rising junior WR/FS from the school I coach at, that's a pretty big deal. yes it's only verbal but it would be official but NCAA rules do not allow that. He actually had three guys from my school there for camp and workouts. The TE (see below) is very close to receiving an offer as well. The RB is small and not Rainey Demps fast but has time to impress them over the next two years, he's a wait and see.

Here he is in action from last year. his freshman highlight film is equally as good.

WR/FS #11 white/maroon/gold

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PisifQSwbe8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PisifQSwbe8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

TE #21
    [youtube] <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kd3sE7_weHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kd3sE7_weHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

RB #1
    [youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbQBJN4_Uxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZbQBJN4_Uxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#11 is a baller..

blocking waaaay downfield too!

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I was just about to say the same thing..... He had a nice hit in the first video too.... Aggressive, Locates the ball well in the air, playmaker, straight baller.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

6'0 200 300 pound bencher with football speed gets great seperation but not a 4.3 blazer you know. Projects as a big time safety on the next level. He will get shots to play WR too depends on polish over the next two years.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey sdid would you say he compares to Ray Ray at the safety position? Is UF recruiting him as a S or WR I also see UM is on his list of favorites. They took Elam and another kid this year at safety do they have anyone lined up for the 2011 class? I see Frankie Hammond got a DUI last week is he gonna be disciplined or get the Urban slap on the wrist? TOP 1% of 1% stay classy Urban!!!

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Hammond was announced as being dismissed I have not had this confirmed and wasnt about to ask the coaches about it today, lol.

UF worked him out purely at WR today. Teams like Alabama have said hes a safety. Miami strangely enough are dragging their feet with these kids. They camped with Miami last summer and Coach barrow was all about them. They never came by this Spring or put in any initiative to get them down this summer, oh well . . .

I'd compare him to Maor Wright with ball skills. Natural instincts for where the ball is going on defense, great run supporter with great coaching could be like Mr. Eric Berry. I refer to him as Mr beacuse he dominated in the Swamp this past season had to have been around 20 tackles.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I was in Urban Meyer's.....

Daughters Dorm Room!

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Good taste

9. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Cimmy, that's the kind of post I like. Keep up the good work.

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah Berry was a beast I thought he was the best player in the draft this last year. Good option QB in hs too. Miami has said that 2011 is going to be a small class 15-17 kids. I don't know the numbers as to how many they are taking in 2012. From what I here SF is looking sic in 2012.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Really if the kid is smart he would go to UF for WR and not defense because their class on defense and overall is the best anyone has seen. They have safeties and DBs for days and he wouldn't see the field unless he absolutely balls out. The first sentence though is where the fine line is drawn, the coaches can tell you anything and once your there they will put you where they want you.

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

He doesn't care what he plays . . . Not afraid of competition projected as top five player in the Southeast 2012 by some of the recruiting guys.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Does he play NCAA?

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

not really . . . why?

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol I was just messin..

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

since UM is high on his list if you ever see Rich Rod please do us Wolverine fans a favor and kick him in the nuts...(y)

17. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Clearly you havent been in Ol' Jimbo's office Sdid.......Now that is badass......lol

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

We'll see if Jimbo pulls out the stops we will be at FSU for a 7 on 7 camp on Saturday (n). If FSU is the best place for these kids then more power to them , this is the same high school that produced greg carr. I was still at Furman when that went down so it didn't have anything to do with me. lol

19. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Yea I hope so. We need all the help we can get..lol

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm no Wolverine fan but if I ever see Rich Rod I will surely kick him in the balls for you, maybe twice :cool:...welllllllll if he has any..

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

thank you(y) maybe we could start a youtube channel where users upload videos of them kicking rich rod in the nuts...

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

we need a test kicker to see if he has any lmao