So im depressed...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Oct 29, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

So im depressed...

My two favorite players on my team left for the pros early...

Sophomore HB Michael Ford (3600 yds and 29TD's) and Junior MLB Kevin Minter (back to back 100+ tackle seasons with 40+ tackles for loss).

Replacing these two guys this next season is a tall order. I felt like i was finally going to have a team that i felt comfortable competing with. A dynamic backfield with Sheppard at QB and Ford at HB.... i thought for 2 more years.

damn damn damn..... im depressed.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The players and coaches at UT were also very sad to see them go. Damn it.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Feel your pain Ryno. I knew I was losing my Qb and top 2 WRs as all were seniors, but rs Soph HB Lamar Miller bolted. He was going to be a 96-99 ovr w/ 96-99 spd. Was gonna get the ball 30 times a game and we were going to turn into a run heavy program. Add in 95 ovr Jr FS Ray Ray Armstrong, who would have been the anchor in our secondary.

Miami is definitely in a rebuilding stage. We're rolling with a rs FR QB, a HB who was a FS in HS and a bunch of unknowns all over the place.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Those thugs in Coral Gables could give 2 shits about graduating! :D

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

You guys and your rebuilding phases.........lmao.

What is Va Tech and UNC then???

Just because you guys don't have 95+ rated players at every position you are rebuilding.....

[​IMG]

6. Blaza

Whoa whoa, don't lump me with your squad of ragamuffins bro. UNC is coming for blood this year!

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Waaa waaa

teams like LSU should roll nicely. Miami shouldn't see a down year.

I'm rolling with 3 freshman on my offensive line, 3 new starters in my secondary including two of which are freshman. In fact on offense I don't have anyone over 93 speed on my team. This is where coaching greats are made of. If I can pull off a BCS berth with this squad, Ima certified great :)

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Have you even looked at my roster?? Nobody on offense over 93 speed... No HB rated over 85 ovr... and no HB with > 91 speed.

I'm razor thin at LB, if a starter goes down im fucked... same with CB's. I don't have any "superstars" in my secondary, just a bunch of solid guys, none of which i think is rated in the 90's.. ( i could be wrong, one of my CB's might be at 90)

You can think what you want but your no more challenged this year than i am....

9. BRUCE80

Every team has ups and downs. Some started off better then others but there wasnt a team in this league that was garbage at the start.

We are getting to the point now where you should start seeing your recruiting either pay off or kick you in the tail.

Thats the fun part, who planned best and recruiting for needs ahead of time. Teams grow thats what makes this game fantastic.

Ryno's and Mo's teams may be young this year but next year think of the improvment they will see.

My team was ok to start with, but now I am starting to see a ton of my recruits playing and showing up as key depth. I love that part of this game.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Hey atleast you have A+ in every recruiting category and the game actually counts your offseason recruiting.

It definately sucks though when you lose a guy who is that young, dont really plan for that.

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea im not saying there isn't any hope, with the top 5 classes i've been pulling the last few seasons, im able to fill in for the losses... but damn, those were TWO of the major pieces i was building on for this coming season.

Just feels like the rug got pulled out from under neath me, that's all. I have to really re-think some things now with these guys leaving.

I have some really nice young players on defense, im excited about my front 7... all are fast and talented... if the secondary can hold firm i think we might be one of the better D's in the SEC.

Our strength on offense now is our WR/TE core... not our QB/HB combo that i had planned on, so i have to rethink what our plan of attack needs to be... and can that be accomplished in the current offensive scheme. I hate to go away from something that i was just getting a good handle on... but if i don't have the personnel to pull it off this season, do i scrap it or wing it with what i got.

One thing we do have is a monster offensive/defensive lines.... both are still pretty young too... the Oline will be good for many seasons, i've stocked up there and it's paying off. Our dline will be anchored by two awesome Junior DT's that compliment each other well.

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

please check your facts... i don't have nearly the amount of A+ catagories that you think i do.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The thing is with the way the game is program no matter how bad you do on the field you will still have a ton of recruits. Whereas the teams in the ACC that started with 3 stars will only have a half the recruits to choose from. I wouldnt get too worried about it, it will probably make your offense more dynamic since you wont get to lean on one guy so much.

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

well, i think pipelining Texas, Florida AND California certainly helps my cause. I take pride in my recruiting, and work hard at it. My ratings are no better than many of the user teams, so it's not like LSU has a leg up on everybody... i still have to work to pull out #1 classes. Especially with no home games for the first 6 weeks last season.

anyways, this thread wasn't about how easy it is to recruit at LSU... it's about feeling the loss of two impact players i hadn't planned on losing.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Nothings easy in this league on the field or in recruiting thats for sure. I thought I signed enough 2 star turds from Louisiana last year to set up a pipeline but I guess not. I also lost my Georgia pipeline. I have Florida, Texas, and Cali though whatever that means.

16. Blaza

I don't think Cole was dissing your recruiting prowess, but the SEC (conference prestige) and 6 Star squads definitely have a slight edge from a numbers standpoint. This cannot be disputed.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im 5 star... (y)

18. Blaza

[​IMG]

19. BRUCE80

UT was a four star to start, we are a six star now.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think Sophomores going pro is gay.........it should be really rare that they leave after pumping time into make them stay.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think you're wrong in some sense on that offseason recruiting stuff. There's something you're doing wrong and I don't know what it is, but on one of the recruits Clemson was with me step for step in the offseason. Your team went up in interest for this particular player every week.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah because I only had 4 guys on my board. I was set up nicely but after week 1 all the 5 new guys I added and offered were gone come week 2 so I had to re-add them. After that they all got 2-3 hours except the cb tennessee signed week 1. I dont think I am doing anything wrong since I've never had the problem before, I'll just have to remember to keep backing out next year.

23. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]
    I love this... lol at least someone else uses that clip. greatest clip of all time

24. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

It sounds like the same problem JR had in TT2. He would do his recruiting and then it wouldn't save, it would still show that he would have hours left to spend. To make it save it had to leave the dynasty reload it and come back. That was the only way he could get his recruiting to take. Not sure if this was the problem, but it sounds like it could be.

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This is exactly what happened. I lost the first two weeks of recruiting in season 1 and then lost week 1 last night. I think thats the sole reason I lost a HB I really needed to Bama. Oh well just opens up more spots for this years class.