So Is There Going To Be A Patch?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by majesty95, Aug 14, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

There is a similar thread on OS but I'm more concerned about what guys on here think, especially with all of the Game Changers that we have here.

Does it seem like EA has completely abandoned post release support? They got so much better going from 11 to 12 and then 13. But now its like they went back to their old ways of "we got your money, see you next year".

I still like this game much more than last year but there are still numerous, maddening issues.
    • The jump/user catch button rarely works.
    • The hit stick rarely works, dives gets shrugged off by CPU way to often and even just running into tacklers is hit or miss on whether the tackle animations triggers.
    • Coverage is an issue (yet again) and the post and flag routes are damn near money. Not to mention the times user DBs just stand and watch completions.
    • The read defender chases the HB 90% of the time.
    • The coaching carousel appears to have issues (again) which is even worse now that its forced on us.
    I think many will agree that this game has the potential to be an all-time great (some already think it is). But with some of these issues still looming its hard to really get behind that.

Its just so frustrating to watch EA make strides in certain areas but then go backwards. I realize that the lawsuit is likely playing a role and trying to secure a game for next year is probably their priority. But don't just abandon your hardcore user base and then, if we do get a game next year, come back and expect all to be forgiven.

Have some pride in your work and respect for those that have supported you with their hard earned dollars all of these years...

2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

3. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

don't forget how basically nobody ever leaves after their junior year, which causes talent overflow in dynasty. I'm in year 5 and there is only like two or three teams that have lower than a B- team rating. I really want realistic draft classes for Madden. I don't know if the first two problems are connected with each other or not but there becomes way too many 99 ovr players, and even some 99 ovr back-ups.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We have fed a ton of feedback into the dev team. They have communicated that they are working on fixes for future patches, but have not confirmed when they would be.

For those who feel that post-launch support has been minimal, I would strongly disagree. Devs have been engaged with working on the bugs/issues we have reported on this site. Also, give some credit to NCAA 14, it hasn't needed several server-side and console patches post-launch like the last 3-4 years have needed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. majesty95

I'm not saying that the game isn't improved. Lots of things have improved. However, a few key areas seem to have either not improved or regressed. The fact that those things you mentioned are much improved is great. However, the fact that we have not received a tuner or a patch since day 1 is concerning.

Just some tweaking and improvements in a few areas and this game is hands down the best NCAA ever (and maybe best football game ever). With the support they have given the past few years I think many, including myself, feel let down with the post-release support this year. The no huddle issues, the user control, the defensive AI, the coaching XP issues and now the carousel issues each, in their own way, take away significantly from the game. Its so close to being great that these frustrations that are encountered are just more magnified. That kind of leaves you with an emptiness, knowing that you are so close to that game you've been waiting 5-6 years for, yet its just sitting there with these giant warts that nobody seems intent to fix.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Also, The game has only been out for 5.5 weeks.

The fact that I can confidently say we have identified huge issues and they are working on them is a big plus.

Another point is that they have never and will never publicly state when patches are being worked and/or when they turn them over to Microsoft and Sony to be released. MS and Sony can hold patches for weeks during a review. Since a patch for either of the games would be considered low critical (meaning that there isn't major problems with the game that cause it to freeze, crash, etc) then it would be lower on MS/Sony's priority list to get it done.

I agree that a patch is needed, but we are lightyears ahead of where we have been in previous iterations. I am hopeful we get one soon provided there aren't any external forces at work.

• Like Like x 4
  7. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

They are afraid to patch anything. Ed Obannon and that QB from Nebraska who couldn't make it in the NFL are watching...

"Real defenses cover recievers, just like in the new patch. I want a million dollars for that"

BS

But really, it would not shock me if something was up with the whole lawsuit thing and these patches/updates.

• Like Like x 1
  8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Well, they did some kind of patch, but broke the internet in the process. Prompted to download a patch this morning, can't login to the servers since. Awesome.

9. ECFIVESTER

ECFIVESTER Walk On

I got that as well. was stuck with my off line dynasty instead.

10. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I just logged into my online. hopefully we're good.

11. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

Read option is still money. Seems the gamespeed has changed a bit. Don't know if it is just me, but the player don't seem to zip around like before.

12. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

if u turn the slider up to 100 on rush D its not so much money

13. Hitmhrd72

Hitmhrd72 Walk On

This is for online play.

14. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ah, roger that.

15. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

a patch of some sort was released today... but have any patch notes been released any where?

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Not yet.

17. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Walk On

update today-ps3

18. majesty95

So far this is what I've noticed post patch playing a dynasty game using the same sliders as my online dynasties:

Gray facemasks are fixed.

No huddle bug for users fixed (fixed the issue where you would default to a different formation group than what you were currently in.

No huddle issue for CPU improved (play call screen pops up more quickly and the CPU will look to the sideline slowing down their snap process).

Issue with WR lining up at TE when changing formation in no huddle still exists.

The dive button is still not accurate leaving your defender diving anywhere but at the defender when engaging them from the front or side.

DB pass coverag seems improved. Four verts is not as money and DBs seem to react more quickly.

The playside DE still take the HB 90% of the time.

That's what I've noticed so far. The no huddle and coverage were my biggest issues. Still don't like the read being so easy but that should be able to be adjusted through the run defense slider. Definitely some positives to take from it though :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 2