So pissed right now...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by antcap24, Feb 2, 2011.

1. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I dont know if any of you tried to qualify/ play in the VirginGaming.com tournament they kept advertising online, but I said f#$% it and ill give it a try. I knew what I was getting myself into with the world of cheesers, and I had played in some big tournaments back in the dreamcast days with 2k2 ,2k3, and 2k5 and overcame the glitch players and what not.

So make a long story shorter...

I created a different screen name and decided to play in this tournament. I qualified in at #30 (top 256 go into the tournament for your share of $15,000 in prize money)

So last night was the first two rounds of the tournament. Single elimination. So 256 went down to 128 and then 64 with two wins last night. So today, I go and play and win the first game to cut it down to 32.

My last game I play this complete Nano blitzin' Raiders user who went 4 wide tight formation Shotgun all game and audibled Jacoby Ford into a split back formation with mcfadden. Talk about headache matchups....

Despite 3 fumbles lost, i have a 17-16 lead with 32 seconds to and trying to get into fg range running the ball as he has one last Timeout. I run up the gut and get 3 yards and then get stripped and he recovers his 4th fumble. After 2 plays and a wasted Timeout he get a pass to mcfadden and I tackle him in bounds with 2 sec left and my LB gets injured!!!! Free play for him!

He tries a 66 yard fg with Janikowski and drills it and I lose!

Damn tough loss.

I think 17-32 place gets like $175, so it wasnt for nothing. just a gut wrenching loss.

2. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Damn man thats crazy that you got as far as you did. 66 yd FG?! Did he have like 20 mph of wind behind that ball?

3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

No man it was only 3 mph...
    I went to practice mode with Janikowski just a few minutes ago, and with 1 mph cross wind I was able to hit the cross bar on a 66 yard attempt.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Well we are damn impressed you took it that far. At least is was Janikowski, imagine how mad you'd be if it was like Lawrence Tynes????

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I feel for ya. The damn FG lengths in this game are stupid crazy. The EA developers should have made long FG harder by increasing the speed of the accuracy bar the farther out. But the way it is, a +60 yarder is just as easy as a 20 yarder. I'm so glad I don't have to play Capparelli in the regular season this year:)