So Progression is completely broke?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Hova, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

So Progression is completely broke?

Guys on OS are saying that dynasty is broken. After 10 years every team is about as bad as the FCS teams and no kicker in the league can make a FG over 19 yards. The recruits are coming in Overall to low...

I am simming some seasons now, I am going to try and get to 2020 and report the results... This will basically ruin every league if it is not fixed (n)

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

what a surprise...

3. Hova

How do testers miss something like this????

4. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

How do tester miss the number of flaws every single year.

Maybe EA can come up with a way for the patch to affect dynastys too so they don't all have to be restarted.

5. Hova

Beginning of 2015

There are NO A teams.

Best 3 teams in the nation are

Texas B+
    Penn St B+
    Michigan B

25 teams are Rated D-

Moving on to 2020...

6. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

I wonder if they did this so people would buy that progression thing that makes your players progress faster, but didn't realize it would affect every other team.

7. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

o no, you gotta be kidding me.....

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Highly doubtful. I never seen a patch that was retroactive....

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

they have the ability to "Tune" all sorts of things without issuing patches... i would think this would fall under that category. I'll try and talk with Russ about it when I'm in Orlando next week.

10. Hova

Alright thats good, EA needs to know asap

11. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so if this is true, and unfixable via a patch or tweak, we're all essentially playing now for nothing since we'll have to start over? wonderful

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I don't think that progression is broken and I actually like the progression in this year's game. The problem is that way too many recruits come in rated way too low. I simmed to about 2018 or so and it was very bad. There were about 30 D- teams (that lose simmed games to FCS schools). There was 1 or 2 teams above B+. I think there were about 7ish teams above C+. The worst part, though, are the individual players. Here are some of the things I saw:

• Lots of teams with kickers rated in the 40s with sub 50 power and accuracy.
    • Teams like aOSU with 1 SR 80 OVR HB, and a QB as the #2 HB (who was rated about 50 as a HB) because their #2 and #3 HBs were rated in the 40s.
    • Teams starting QBs rated in the 50s.
    • Good teams with their #2 and below WRs rated in the 50s with high 60s -low 70s for SPD and ACC.
    • Good teams with their #1 LB rated in the 50s with CBs and safeties as the backup LBs rated in the 60s.
    • Superpowers graduating redshirt SR 3 year starters rated in the high 70s.
    • etc, etc, etc

Once everyone on the default rosters are gone, the NCAA world goes to hell in a hand basket. I played NCAA '10 for an entire year and I like NCAA '11 a lot more than '10. I had planned on playing a truly epic offline dynasty in '11. However, the results I saw when I simmed to 2018 were enough for me to quit playing my offline dynasty immediately and never finish it unless they fix this issue. I really, really, really hope they fix this because NCAA is the only game that I even play.

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have been mentioning this for WEEKS, that players come in rated too low and don't progress enough. No one paid attention. Hova thanks for doing this to finally bring some attention to this issue.

I do think this is something they can fix via patch that will be retroactive.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

My thought is what does it matter. If it is a level playing field and everyone's team has the same talent pool to pull from no one gets a big advantage here do they?

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Isn't it all relative though? Wouldn't it just mean you have a few elite teams (the B+ teams) and a lot of parity? It sucks that the players aren't as good, but maybe with tuned sliders, those teams can be playable.

Another thing to consider is, a really good pace is 48 hours, so that's a season/month at best so if you played from release date to release date, 12 seasons.

Just a couple of thoughts, maybe my logic is flawed, but I'm being optimistic that these factors will make things ok.

16. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great minds mcyork!

17. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

are you guys really that concerned about dynasties 10 seasons down the road...? most online dynasties dont make it that far....those that do undergo all type of changes between different teams/coaches.... while its good that this was found out early enough something can/will be done about it...... there are patches "tunes" as someone mentioned above....... stop bitching and enjoy the game its a great game, does it have flaws sure...but its still a great game.......

18. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

IMO this would be a lot more helpful is we had an idea of the overall of players and not go by letter grades that are ultimately meaningless. I mean a team having a C offense doesn't tell me much.

Now tell me Florida doesn't have a player over 90 overall or are starting 65 overall HBs or something, that's information. Telling me they are a B- doesn't really say much - especially when that letter grade system has been broke before.

19. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I heard on OS that a couple of people bought this but it did little to impact the low ratings years into the dynasty.

20. jello1717

This was my initial feelings as well. I don't have a problem with Alabama beating everyone even if it's them as a B+ beating everyone instead of an A+ beating them. Here are some things that I do have a problem with, however.

I don't like teams like Purdue and Northwestern getting beaten by FCS teams.
    I don't like playing against a team that has 0 chance of beating me because their QB has the THP and THA of a WR.
    I don't like playing against teams that are 0 threat to run the ball because their starting HB is a 40 OVR guy with 60 SPD.
    I don't like how the CPU never attempts FGs because their kicker can't make a 25 yarder (even with maxed CPU kicking sliders).
    I don't like how the CPU can't even make an XP against me.

I've never played against FCS teams because they are absolutely 0 contest and thus, for me at least, a complete waste of time. Because of that I always take them off of my schedule. Well, by 2018, the Big 10 had 3 "FCS" teams in the league and 3 other "FCS+" teams so I have no choice but to play them. I'm all about getting good competition, but when few of the remaining teams on my schedule can give my team competition, there is no more fun left for me.

21. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Bly,

I saw the spreadsheet you put together that showed player rankings five years out. Did you happen to see anything odd while you were putting that together? Lots of low ranking schools? Odd teams finishing in the Top 25?

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Oh yeah gonna bust that cpu's ass.

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Like Ryno said above, I bet it's something they can control. I just hope they don't bump progression AND OVR of players coming in.

I really hope they keep the OVR of players coming in where it's at. There are very, very few true frosh that come in and start right away. I like taking a :4stars: who is only 68 OVR and having him progress into a monster or turn into a bust. It's more realistic and challenging that way.

24. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i saved the franchise so i'm going to go back and look this evening when I get home from work. really was concerned with just the progression aspect of it at the time so I didn't pay much attention to anything else.

(except of course Notre Dame getting invited to the Big Ten - which I thought was interesting).

25. jello1717

It only takes no more than 5 seasons to get to a point of garbage and both ODs I was involved in last year made it that far (as did most of them I'm sure).