So... the plan is?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

So... the plan is?

Looking at the voting, I don't think much will change. What do the 3 commissioners want to do? I think KO wants to keep his league going, as do I, but as far as AG, Raz, and PK go, what is the thinking?

What is going to go down? How? When?

2. ReagleBeagle

ReagleBeagle Guest

this is getting too complex...I'm going back to my 1982 NFL Electric Football game.

3. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

PK turns away from computer and...

[​IMG]

...PLAYS GOD ON THE GRIDIRON

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I personally want to go ahead and just start the new setup.

OR

Not do the new setup.

My reasoning is this:
    1. Current dynasties have no meaning to ME if we are stopping. Recruiting is pointless, finishing the year and *poof* we start over is the same thing as starting now, IMO.

2. We are 4 months away from NCAA '10. If we actually want to get a few seasons in, we need to start ASAP.

League one is halfway through the season. 6 weeks + conf. championships + bowl games is 4 weeks at a minimum. That takes the majority of a season away from the new setup, assuming we are all excited and the pace is a bit higher.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

A little busy at the moment, but I have a plan, and I will share it later tonight.

AG

6. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The Plan

OK, here goes,

1. Each league finishes the current week. When the league advances, each player is to save the dynasty offline, without completing any tasks.

2. Once this is done, commishes may retire the leagues. For seasons still in progress, a member not already a commish may re-host and invite the rest of the members, who may play out the season, or decline to do so. Please discuss who will do this ahead of time. When the season is over (after BCS champ game, but before the off season) the league will pause. Members are again encouraged to save offline. Once 2010 is here, perhaps we will revisit these leagues.

3. I will ask Ryno to rename our forums - league 1 will become the West, 2 will become the east, and the conferences will be listed under. The OFFSL will become the OFFL Mid-Major, again with the conferences listed in the sub-heading. A standing message saying we are looking for new members should be placed there, so we have an idea when to fire it up. PK's League will go next. Please drop me a name so I know what to call it. ko's dynasty will be listed fifth, but we'll need a name other than OFFL 3. Anything will do. We will support this league here for as long as it's members stay active in the primary league.

4. I will have the rosters we will be using later this evening. After 10pm or so, Raz will download these rosters from me and can then start the new dynasty when we are ready.

5. basis and AMP will be distributing sigs as they find the time to complete them. Instructions on how to display them would be cool.

6. I will be amending the league rules to reflect the new speed-related restrictions posted by basis. I think they will help us reign in some of the inflated stats. Other rules might be added as well, but nothing we haven't discussed.

7. Raz will be posting a final list of chosen teams. Last chance to make a change. If anyone in either league does not have their commish on their friend list, send that invite now, or as soon as you can.

Any questions?

AG

8. Razcalking1978

Quick one if it doesn't mess up things - I'd really like OFFL, both West and East, to be in the same forum.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'd like this, too, but I think twelve guys per forum works. Easier to assign mods, make announcements by league, etc. Would you mind going with this at first, and then combining if we have communication issues? I'd be fine with putting us all in the same space if we need to. I'd just like to go this way to start, so each league has it's own space.

AG

10. Razcalking1978

Okay. Final Team List will be up in a couple of minutes.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    On this note, you can sim my game in League 1. If we are stopping the league, I don't want my game holding up the league.

I won't get it in tonight anyway.

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Sim my game in league 2 PK. Can't get it in tonight and not worth it with the games on tomorrow.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I know. I wouldn't be on if my computer wasn't in the same room as my big screen.