So what conference is the best in SimNation

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

We have a few seasons under our belt and I thought now would be a good time to ask, what conference is the best one in Sim-Nation?

I would say it is a two way race between the SEC and Joke12 PAC12. The B1G has become a subsidiary league that takes some of the decent recruits, forces them to eat whey protein, and cheese curds until they can bench 500 pounds and run the 40 in a blazing 5.9 fashion.

The SEC has a Heisman and two national titles in this dynasty. It has some of the best recruiting schools in the country and our CPU teams are loaded as evidenced by Auburn's #1 ranking and Florida's recruiting success.

What say you?

2. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Independent. Definitely. Me and Army = better than you all :)

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Ah, there is always someone who is out of their mind

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Like the SEC, the Pac 12 has a Heisman and 2 National Titles, but the Pac 12's are the LAST TWO National Titles and LAST YEAR's Heisman. Arizona has won the last two National Championships, amassing a 24-3 record over those two seasons, only losing twice to Washington and once to USC. When South Carolina won the National Championship in 2012, Arizona finished the year #2. Washington has finished in the Top 5 the last two seasons, while also going 24-3 over that stretch, losing only to Arizona, Oregon, and Stanford. Auburn is currently #1, but 4-0 Arizona is #2, 4-0 USC is #3, and 3-0 Washington is #4. The next highest ranked SEC team is South Carolina, who lost their season opener to Washington at home.

Arizona, Washington, USC, and even Cal have been hauling in Top 10 recruiting classes over the course of the dynasty. So, in my opinion, on and off the field the "Jole 12" is anything but. I say the Pac 12 is the best conference in the dynasty at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Currently playing Florida in the swamp and they are far and away the best team I have played in this years game. If anyone can beat them on their home field you have my respect.

6. The Dude

That team is hella loaded. By far the best roster in the game. They got another killer class last year, too.

7. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

And it continues again this year. They're a freakin' machine.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

Well I beat them, luckily their QB couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

9. The Dude

That's a solid win. Definitely not easy to win that one on the road.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thanks they have tons of athletes on that team.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

It doesn't help when they have rivalry status either does it? I have them and Georgia as rivals...I just thank God we have a user controlling Georgia now. I at least feel like I have a chance.

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Who came in second for the Heisman three times now in this dynasty? That is right, a USC (we were the first USC btw) runningback. Marcus Lattimore won the first Heisman here, and should have won the second but despite better stats in his second year, and a return to the national championship game the CPU voters gave it to a guy with 400 less yards and 5 less touchdowns. This past year the award could have gone to two different USC runningbacks but Coach Easy had such great depth that he spread the carries around and had two backs rush for 28 combined touchdowns and 2600 yards. Not to mention we had a freshman QB throw for 3500 yards. So take your LAST Heisman award with the grain of salt it deserves. Florida, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, and USC have continued to rake in top 10 recruiting classes. So let's tally that up, two CPU teams in the JOKE12 pull in decent recruiting classes while 4 CPU teams in the SEC do the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Dude

It's the ghost of Archie Griffin - no one wins it twice :)

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

You know I said that same thing. Lattimore got majorly rooked that year. He was by far the best RB in the nation, both statistically and by what he meant to his team because Alshon had made the jump and we were really under manned at WR. To put into perspective how bad we were at WR, all the kids who won that National Championship at WR for me are Jrs this year. We had almost all freshman across the board that year. Marcus had to carry us to the Championship and some clown from a CPU team that didn't even make a BCS game won the thing with lesser stats. Total joke.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Yeah, I think my other rival is bama so that should be an interesting game then auburn and miss st all ranked. The SEC is a real bitch.

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

So as a player who played in the JOKE12 and the SEC which is a better conference?

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

Not sure yet, as I have only played 3 sec games. I will decide after I play auburn and bama.

18. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Good thread carolinaeasy.
    I like your loyalty. Awards and recruiting class rankings are nice, but until the SEC makes up 60% of the Top 5, I'm sticking with the "Joke 12" (y)

19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

The only reason for that is you haven't gotten into the meat of your conference schedule yet. Our conference starts big time play in week 3. UGA-USC, LSU-USC, etc. etc. In the SEC every week has a marque match-up. Talk at the end of the season about your 60% because it won't be there.

Who is bringing up the recruiting classes again? ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  20. jca312

jca312 Walk On

This was from your original post.
    Seems like with all the parity you're talking about, it won't be for the SEC either. It would stand to reason that you'll all knock eachother off and only one team will be left standing. :)
    Let's just see who wins it all this year...(y)

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

The SEC will have plenty of bowl wins, and IF USC gets a chance I guarantee it will be a much different game.

22. The Dude

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I settled this argument in the second post. No need to continue.

23. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The PAC-12 has dominated user games and the polls the last couple of seasons. When Washington and Arizona meet this season, it may very well be #1 vs. #2, just like it was last season.

Meanwhile, we all remember Archie getting beat down by CPU-controlled USC last season, right? ;-)

24. The Dude

I have no idea what you're talking about.