So what is the deal with schemes?

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 5, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

So i've noticed some messed up stuff so far and wondering if others are noticed it as well. For instance my scheme is different depending on where you look.

The scheme screen says "Balance Offense, Attacking 4-3" like it should, but at least a couple of my coach screens say "West Coast Offense, Spread defense."

I took all this with a grain of salt until last night when my team was listed as a 77 overall and then my first unit proceeded to play like absolute shit.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Scheme has nothing to do with on field AFAIK.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Haven't looked into scheme, but when I played my team (Falcons) were a 77ovr. I would think they would be higher. Is that based on the current roster with all the low rated scrubs? Will the ovr improve as you trim the dead weight?

4. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I think I was too. Yeah, I think it's because of all the expanded roster guys. Once we cut those lower rated guys, our ratings should go up.

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I noticed this too. I was worried it had an effect on my teams play. Under your coaching options is the scheme setting by position. I think this determines your scheme & overall, so I'm not too worried. As long as my RB1 is a recieving RB and it's importance is high- Sproles is a 96 OVR. If I fuck with these settings a players OVERALL may change.

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Not sure how the schemes thing works, but does playing players that do not fit a scheme actually affect how they play on the field? Or does it just change their overall, but performance doesn't change?

THat was a question i had from the beginning, if i drafted an 80 receiver, but in my scheme his rating is 70, he will show as a 70 rated receiver, but will play no different if he was on the correct scheme as an 80 receiver. Id like to find out if this is the case.

7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

If you scout a player and you find he's a 80 OVR SPEED RB... it's taking into account your scheme. Now the Ravens may scout the same guy, but covet certain abilities more or less. To them the same speed back may only register a 77 OVR, because of how the weighting is done. This is what I like about this years game... teams will target different players, based on the type of team you require. Now if your a power run game type Coach in control of the Pats, just change your scheme settings by position and your scouting will show the overalls based on the new system you've created. On the field he'll play the same... you just got play him to his strengths. It's all relative.

8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

What i am trying to get at is I dont think it matters what your scheme is.

I am the raiders, vertical passing. I have dhb moore and ford who are fit for this type of offense. If i change the scheme (if possible) to lets say west coast passing or whatever else, overalls may go down for these three receivers, but realistically, they will play the same. They will not drop any more balls than usual, they are not run any slower or faster, they will not run bad routes any more than usual, they will not get pressed any more than usual.

Or

If i keep it vertical passing game and pick west coast offense playbook, i dont think the overall even changes.

So basically what i am seeing is that schemes are just for overall rating fluctuations, in the end, i can pick any player and put him on any type of scheme and that player's performance will not be any different in any other scheme.

Now if lets say i trade dhb to a west coast offense, if his catch rating drops from 80 to like 50, yes performance would be affected and that would make sense. Being that the specific attributes are unchanged, just overall changes, changing schemes or playbooks really doesn't matter in the end.

Just my thought.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

trade me Ford and I will let you know how he does in the west coast scheme :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

How about NOT!

11. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

You're exactly right. The only time I could see the sheme factoring into anything is when a guys has to sign his next contract.

12. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Do any of you guys know the login info for TLY?