So what the Haps???

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Sep 24, 2013.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Guys this is my only ncaa OD as I have mentioned multiple times. What are we doing here? Is it a lull that we can get out of? We did a lot early on and the restart really put a cramp in things, but is any one interested? I don't want this bad boy to tread water....I really liked my UVA team and was into it we just seem to be dragging now and I haven't found the same love for the UCF squad. How is everyone else feeling?

• Like Like x 2
  2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I'd love for us to get this thing more active man. I'm definitely still highly interested!

3. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

Im normally the first 1 finishing my games...Harrk knows my interst level lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I haven't been here long obviously so I'm enjoying it probably more then some of ya'll. Just from my history with Redshirts & East Coast Brawl (years ago), restarts seem to kill dynasties especially when the core is the same group of people. It just kills the fun/hype & all the effort/recruiting you put into the team you started with. I enjoyed Redshirts this release with Virginia until we restarted, it just wasn't the same to me.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

KISS ASS!!!
    this^^^ +1

6. LeGeNd RiPs

Seems like no one's playing their games, guys. Lets get this thing done.

7. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I honestly haven't had as much fun either, maybe its because of the scrubby teams. I loved my Syracuse squad
    , just sucks cause we'll never be able to play that out.

8. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I can't lie, I lost a little interest and GTA V isn't helping things. However, I'm 100% committed and I think as I start to get my own recruits to the Cowboys, I'll feel a little more engaged with the team.

mcyork, I think you are right about 3 day ADV becoming the norm. With Fifa, GTA V and COD all out or coming soon, I think it's going to be common across most OD's. I don't have a problem with that, if I wanted to be in a 24 hr adv league, that's what I would have looked for.

9. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Hokie Effect
    Roggie
    mboda
    hskr8128
    UniQue2Three
    Cgreen214
    LeGeNd RiPs
    Mcwoods06
    RyanC
    mcyork
    TEClemson53

I know this is the last thing anyone would want to hear but do you guys think maybe the scrubby conferences were a bad idea? Would it be more fun for everyone if we picked two power conferences and just pick whomever 3 teams we want in each division and roll with it? I wouldn't be opposed at all to restarting again if it means we can last longer - I just don't see us sustaining this with the schools we're at right now if everyone is bored. But if I'm totally wrong I'll shut up and we can keep going. I'd be open to letting everyone choose 4 or 5 star schools (just no 6).

10. LeGeNd RiPs

:/ I'm enjoying it. I would like for us to get on a strict advance schedule, though.

11. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I would rather not restart. I'm happy with this setup and while it's extremely frustrating at times, I find it so much better then 10/12 user teams being in the top 15 all season long.

I honestly just think this is the nature of the game right now. NCAA is not a GREAT must play game for me but I do enjoy playing it. I don't want 24 hour advances where I'm feeling rushed constantly. When NBA 2K14 comes out, I'll put alot of time into that.

If people are really that dissapointed with teams, couldn't we just allow them to switch in the offseason or something? I don't care if everyone else is at a 5-6 star school I just don't want to start from scratch again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

It is, technically, lol. 72 hours. But I feel for some people to play its like pulling teeth. I just want everyone to have a school they actually REALLY wanna be, not because they have to be that team.

13. LeGeNd RiPs

Totally agree. I'm not switching.

14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Nailed it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LeGeNd RiPs

Lol. I just think it would be better if we set an advance at a specific date and time and advance it then. Regardless. Unless someone contacts you in advance.

16. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Sounds good. We'll stay the course fellas. I just wanted to make suuuuure at least some of the guys wanted to keep playing.

17. LeGeNd RiPs

You guys can switch in the offseason like hskr said!

18. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yea, they just have to make new coaches so us guys who stay at the little schools have an advantage (y)

• Like Like x 1
  19. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Sure thing, Legend. I'll start posting "When we're set to advance" posts from now on just so everyone is clear on that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Im enjoying the dynasty. Atleast if im losing like crazy im supposed to bc im Colorado state. I don't want to get a good team and run them in the ground again lol bc I suck. If we were to restart again I would probably have to say no to joining back up. I will say that this years ncaa is my least favorite bc it took the only thing I was good at out, Defense. I always played a slow offense and relied on my defense to win me games. In this years game that's done. There is no skill with defense. The coverage AI is just dumb. The fact that your line or you cant get off blocks in this years game just allows for easy running. The only success ive had against the run is if I have corners covering the flats or run any other zone. Any man defense gets torched bc people get blocked and stay blocked. I do not want to restart though...who isn't enjoying their teams anyway? I just feel like teams arnt making people lose interest..its just the way the game plays more than anything. Offense is more run run run pass than missing it up and defense is pick a play, any play and see what happens.

21. LeGeNd RiPs

Good deal man.

22. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Nah, no switches unless you get offered in the coaching carousel. If we're all scrub schools then I'm not gonna let people be LSU or Clemson, lol.

23. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

mixing not missing lol

24. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, to me, it has nothing to do with being scrub teams. It's the fact that the gameplay is just as horrendous as year's past. They cannot get defense even close to realistic. Man coverage is USELESS and zone is so easy to beat that it's just not fun. CPU just picks everything apart like it's nothing (and when there's 10 yards of open space near 50% of receivers, they easily can) but CPU defenses actually play. I don't understand how you guys are going 6-0 and 5-1 but I'm down 21 at halftime of every game because the computer scores on every possession and my team hasn't forced a SINGLE turnover all season.

There's just zero fun factor to the game this year besides recruiting. As soon as NHL and FIFA come out every year, it reminds me of how shitty NCAA and Madden are and just destroys all interest in playing.

Basically, I'm done.

25. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Roggie you are usually done about this time every year. Which highlights your point I guess about NHL and FIFA coming out lol. The gameplay on defense in this years game is awful. Do you guys think the player threshold would help with receivers crapping on corners when they hit their break? I have no clue, but just a thought.