So what's up with the "GOD MODE" thing?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by harriscw, Apr 3, 2010.

1. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

So what's up with the "GOD MODE" thing?

Hova used the term GOD MODE the other day in a game summary thread response. That instantly resonated with me. When I played #5 Nebraska on the road, it was a tough game, and a long pass play as time expired was all that saved me. Last night when I played Texas A&M, an A overall team (I think), it was a fairly easy game, but it seemed realistic. I was at home, and made the critical plays, and they just didn't.

The K-State game (a B- school), and the Baylor game (a C+ school), just felt different. I make my fair share of mistakes, but both of these games (one at home, and one on the road), just seemed hopeless from the beginning. For one, my QB missed completely open receivers regularly. I'm not talking about the receiver having a step on a guy, I'm talking about Doege standing firmly in the pocket, and a receiver running a post on at cover-2, and the ball flying 5 yards away from him. Dropped balls were also killers in these two games. My O-line was useless; a three-man rush would beat them and my blocking back in no time flat. I watched a Baylor TE on an in route catch the ball in a crowd, and was instantly running the opposite direction towards open field. I could go on and on.

I'm just trying to get my head around this. Of the games I won, one was against a rival, the other was not; one was at home, the other was not. What I'm wondering is, is this some kind of random thing? Am I just dreaming this up so I don't feel like a loser? I mean there really seemed to be something different about these games.

Anyway, it's just early on a Saturday that I actually don't have to work, and I'm bored, so I thought I'd post something.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya there is really no explaining it. I see guys all the time blow out good teams then lose to an average one. Sometimes a team plays you good, sometimes bad. EA says there is no catchup code or nothing like that but it makes you wonder why this happens

3. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

EA can say what it wants, but there has to be something. I even thought maybe it was a "let down" thing, after beating Nebraska.

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

What it is, is the momentum. Once the cpu gets it its hard as hell to stop them. A interception or a big td by cpu gets them going somehow lol.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

It's the Herbstreit factor. If you look at the matchups before the game, you will see Corso and Herbstreit's picks. If both of them pick the higher team, the game will play as expected. If both of them pick the underdog or Herbstreit picks the underdog, then they will get more breaks and play better than expected.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LOL, I never noticed that. He must have picked Virginia, because they almost upset my Miami team this season.

7. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah, good info there. I have never paid any attention to those two clowns, but I will now. One thing I have noticed about Corso and Herbstreit, is how insulting they are. They just sit in the booth and tell me how dumb I am all game long.

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I started to notice the Herbstreit trend about a month ago. It's worked about every time so far. Let me know if you guys see different results. It's just an observation I've had.

9. Hova

They always clown each other too, same thing in madden. Always doggin chris and his horrible career lol

10. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Don't even bring up Madden, I played every version of that game since it came out in about '87; I finally burned out a few years ago on that one.

While we're all chating, what's a Premier league?

11. Hova

Premier league will be leagues next year that only subscription TF members will be allowed in. They will be basically the cream of the crop leagues that only proven guys are allowed to be in. They will also get access to front page, rankings, and all that other good stuff. You can read more about it in the membership forums, ryno has a nice explanation of it all.

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

will we go premier or is it still undecided

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

A better question would be: Are we all proven, or Cream of the Crop type guys?

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I still have to pay my fees so I can join any Premier leagues. It isn't that I don't want to pay, just have a lot of bills. Either way I'm going with Coast to Coast as my Premier League next season. If I can join a second Premier League than this one will be that choice. I've only been part of 4 dynasties at TF and OFFL East/Rivalry are unlikely to go Premier next season.

If I win my fantasy basketball league I will use my $50 winnings to get the Lifetime Premier membership.

15. Hova

This is up to TF management, they choose who gets the premier status and ability to join premier leagues. Basically if you have a good track record you'd be fine

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think EA has a hidden feature where higher ranked teams have to work for it, you know, make it easier to get upset...much like Hokie with Purdue..

and lmao at collinsworth...dude suuuucks and has an annoying voice, with his chicken lookin self hahahahaha

17. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

You are right about Collinsworth! I bought Madden for my brother, played a couple games into a season with him, and we both quit; Collinsworth was one of many reasons.