So whats your playbook looking like?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Nautica, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am still piecing my together, but I think i'm going to utilize a mix of Singleback, I-form, and Pistol for my base. The reason I put in the pistol is because I plan on utilizing a 2 QB system. Of course there will be shotgun, but not really an extensive array of it.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Right now mine has 4 pistols and 19 SGs in it and all 373 plays used. I wanted 2 or 3 Is and Aces, but I haven't found room for even 1 yet. I also wanted to have a quads, but I didn't see that anywhere so I'm wondering if it's like the special wildcats and tied to particular playbooks.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Has anyone tried making a defensive playbook yet?

I think I am going to do this next because I would like to switch out a couple of the 425 formations for a couple 43 formations. Its taking me a minute to get used to the 425 D since I have never used it before.

4. jello1717

I did and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like the custom pbs for defense. I like to use the multiple pb, but it sucked because some of my favorite 3-4s (my favorite formation) are missing and there's a missing 4-3. With custom playbooks, I made one with every 4-3, every 3-4, 4-4, 5-2, every nickle, every dime, every quarters in it. I was also able to have every play that I wanted and I'm still under my limit. I now have a true multiple playbook (although it has no 4-2-5 or 3-3-5).

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Working on mine tonight. We'll see what happens. Really excited about it

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I just finished my books, I'll have to fine tune it though and make it perfect. So far so good though.

I kept all my offensive plays in multiples of 3 per formation within sets. Its pretty balanced between 4 sets having 26 formations total.

7. jello1717

Have you found a way to reorder you formations? I know how to reorder the plays within the formations, but haven't figured out how to reorder the formations. It really sucks when I want to go from Wing Offset to Wing Offset Wk and there's 10 other formations between them. It's really bad when I'm doing no huddle. Also I've got my 5 wides sprinkled throughout instead of all grouped together.

8. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

PLayed with it some, but after I put some in I didnt like it one bit. Going to fiddle with it some more tonight

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I am really looking forward to putting together my PB especially the defensive side. Being able to put together a true Multiple PB defensively for most situations in a game.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Do we have to use custom playbooks? Just wondering because I haven't even began to dive into them.

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I'm sticking with the default playbook for both offense and defense.

Are we really allowing someone to load up offensive playbooks? Can someone really argue the point that having both 3-4 and 4-3 defensive sets is realistic? How will this be policed?

12. jello1717

I could see the argument for a 4-3/4-2-5/3-3-5 pb or something like that, but one of the default pbs is 2 4-3s/2 3-4s/the 5-2/4-6 (on '11)/4 nickles/both dimes/both quarters. I think a bunch of people in this OD ran the multiple pb (the one I just listed) last year.

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Should we allow the multiple playbook, regardless of what the game offers? Are their teams out there that really play like this on both sides of the ball?

14. jello1717

I know that last year Michigan and MSU both ran 4-3 sets and 3-4 sets (as well as some 3-3-5 for Michigan).

15. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This is where my lack of NCAA knowledge shines through as I am only a professional sports supporter.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Correct, MSU uses both 4-3 and 3-4 and a little 3-3-5 against spread teams like UofM and NW last year.

I'm not going to police the playbooks that much, I trust that you guys in here will be honorable dudes and not just load up on money plays. Plus it seems like there are a lot fewer money plays, if any, this season so far.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Really? they are similar and I see no problem with someone running that setup. The 425 and the 335 D's are almost identical. That was my projected Defensive PB style because Arkansas runs it like that.

18. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Man, putting one of these playbooks together is going to take forever!!!

jello1717

Which playbook did you use as your base? Since your formation audibles and goallines are dependent upon your base playbook, I was wondering which one you went with. I thought I could use MSU's but I'm not sure I like the wishbone as their goalline formation. Granted I don't think I've ever used a goalline formation......I need to figure out my base and go from there.

19. jello1717

Sent you a PM to keep it away from the prying eyes of all of these pro style monkeys.

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Thanks man, really appreciate that.

Sorry about yesterday, we never hooked up on XBL. I will be home at the same time if you would like to play. My GT is the same as my TSO. I'm pretty sure GoGators is still the only one who hasn't conformed only for the sheer fact he likes to be different.

22. GoGators

Conformed to???

23. GoGators

Man these custom playbooks suck! I've spent 3 hours on this crap already and have made zero progress and just confused myself. I may just end up going with a default one to save my sanity.

24. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't like how it rearranges the order of the formations once you're done. But I don't think making the book is too bad.

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Is the order determined by how you add the formations or the plays?