So which position is most important? (2010 version)

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Dec 17, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

So which position is most important? (2010 version)

On offense and on Defense?

If you could pick one elite player for offense and defense what position would it be?

For me on Offense its an accurate QB i feel like I can play against anyone while RB and WR are important, my QB has to be accurate.......

Defense probably my Middle backers in the 3-4.... they hav eto have the speed to get to the outside and cover pretty far down the field but the strength to play in the middle..

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Obviously I run an option attack, and having a mobile QB is a necessity. My offense with Morris is tough to stop, because he can pass it pretty accurately, and he can get to the corner as well.

On defense I would take a stud DE over most positions becasue they are game changers. A stud DE can pressure the QB without blitzing and help stop the run. I have two Senior DE's this year, and they are a big reason why my defense is as good as it is this year. They both can rush the passer and stop the run, and that is the only reason I was able to beat Bogey.

I almost never play with the DE and they both pile up sacks and TFL on their own, which is what you want from a CPU player. Im losing both to the draft this year, and trust me, Im disappointed that Im losing both. Next year will definitely be a rebuilding year at UCLA.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

On offense, WR is most important to me. I like to have at least 2 6'4" or taller WRs on my roster. I have WR that is 6"7", but he can't catch to save his live.

On defense, DE is what I need as that is the postion I play the most.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

After the videos I posted, you all know how I feel about WRs that can't catch.

5. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

WR's that catch. I have totally forgot about speed on the outside, and have focused on guys with Catch ratings C or above. I also go for the guys who are 6'2 or taller with good jumping skills.

MLB....I control the MLB, and i need a guy with great tackle rating, and speed to get to the outside to stop the outside run.

6. JrRawlins

another position that is undervalued some is Corner.... if you can find a fast corner with a B+ man coverage ability and decent speed, he can turn into a lockdown corner....

Mackey was a :2stars: recruit but he had B man coverage and 90 speed... he was also 6'4...... started 4 years on the outside for me....

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, I think the most important pieces of my offense are the most underrated. FB and TE. I've had the luxury of being able to recruit good ones and it has been paying in my running and short passing games.

On defense. I'll second the DE comments. Although I play as the OLB and having Tyrell Woods prowl around the field has changed my defense.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I guess I am the strange one here.

1. Monster DT - I run the 3-4 and having a guy in the middle who creates chaos is amazing.
    2. TE that can stretch the field.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    this.

possession guys are MUCH better in this year's game.

Power backs are pretty decent...they did a good job making the speed not be the overwhelming issue. I can hang in games without a speedy WR on the outside...it's not a necessity but more of a luxury if you have one.

Also JR nailed it with CB. Find those with good man/zone coverage, they WILL stick on the WR tighter than guys with just speed and not as good man and zone ratings.

10. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

MLB-Curran was a beast and Haynes will only get better.

QB-a good pocket QB..Armstrong isn't really the most accurate qb, but he has a it factor.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think the one thing I can say about this game is that it lets the best players on the field shine, especially when you compare it to last year's iteration.

If you have a stud C or G, you will be able to run behind them. If you have a stud OLB, he'll shut chunks of the field down, good TEs block and bad ones don't. As opposed to '09 where speed dictated how good you were going to be.

12. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I use a 2 WR, 2 TE and 1RB set for 80% of my plays. Because of this, I find the most underrated position on the field is definitely TE. When I'm running I need them to block and when I'm passing they have to be a viable option. I have two young TE's right now that both look to be future stars so I'm happy with my current offense for the next year or two as I have a young QB and RB to develop along side my strong O-line.

On D.... D-line is huge for me. Running with a 4-3 90% of the time, my D-line has been quite the force the last few seasons. They can bust up run plays and create sacks without the blitz.... forcing 3rd and long has been a staple for me.... the problem is my weak secondary allows that long completion on 3rd down too often... Still trying to figure that part out... haha

13. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

On O, HB big surprise I know. If there was a 1A, it would be a got to WR, without on its tuff for me to keep the chains moving.

On D, I would say FS. I use the FS from time to time, but if I'm using him or not, I need the guy who;s in there to be big. However, I'm quickly starting to value a stud DT. I run the 3-4 and my current DT is a RS Jr (94 OVR) pressure from that position and the amount of passes he bats down are game changers.

14. JrRawlins

in the 3-4 Dlineman are almost more important than your linebackers.. if they cant hold the line.. your linebackers get swamped....

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well without saying I made the most of the TE position with Logan Thomas at TE....3 time Mackey winner and on pace for #4. I guess I will always want a receiving TE.

But I think strong DEs are most important for me. The stop the run to the outside which everyone loves and can create pressure which is a necessity. I am losing 2 stars this year....so sad

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I think the varying opinions say a lot about the game.

I guarantee this thread would have been a lot different for '09.

17. JrRawlins

yeah this thread last year would have everything based on speed, this year's game is totally different and much much better in my view...

18. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

In 09, it was fast safeties or corners. If you had marginal corners or safeties, your team was toast.

This year's game speed isn't as dominate. I know the game has its critics, but compared to 2009, it is a pretty big improvement. This coming from someone who hasn't won his conference yet, and won 4 titles in last year's game.