So which position is most important?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Mar 9, 2009.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

So which position is most important?

On offense and on Defense?

If you could pick one elite player for offense and defense what position would it be. For me it would be running back and safety.

If I can have those two positions filled by studs I feel like I have a chance to compete. If I don't have a good running back or a good safety, I feel like I can get exposed.

Thoughts?

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Offense -- QB... an accurate QB i can play against anyone.....
    Defense -- FS with speed.... i can play center field with the best of them..

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

O - Running back gimme a talent at RB and look out. A close second would be WR.

D - FS I like playing safety and am pretty good at it. A close second would be a good pass rushing DE.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

O-A elite RB, but right now i am having fun with a elite QB

D-DE. nothing like getting pressure without sending the blitz the whole time...

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Elite QB......which I haven't had in so long! Plus with QB Accuracy at 35 on heisman......you can really spay some balls into the defenders hands.

FS/SS.......these guys are uber important! Speedy strong guys with AWR can really wreck havoc on a passing game

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

off: running back ... i can usually take a 2 or 3 star QB with speed and make him into a solid player. WRs I just need speed.

def: defensive back or FS/SS ... i usually play MLB because I'm too scared the lag against human players will screw me up trying to deflect passes. if I can get a secondary that can INT balls and defend the pass I am pretty confident. I'd like to have a d-line that could stop the run on a consistent basis, or at least cause pressure. i think the pressure thing is a lost cause due to the magnets EA put in the o-line.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Offense: QB, RB close second.

It is hard to gameplan around a accurate quarterback with a little mobility.

Defense: DT

Maybe it's because I run the 3-4 and control the NT, but having a dominant DT who can disrupt the running game is very important to me.

8. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

HB: Because i need to control the clock because i suck as a passer.

MLB: I need to have someone who can make sure tackles to eliminate the user's ability to run the ball.

9. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

i'm thinking of switching to the 3-4 next season. but still can't decide.