So who are you going to miss most/least from your team?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 30, 2009.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

So who are you going to miss most/least from your team?

Just wondering who you are going to miss the most out of your graduating players and least. Figure most of us have played 20 or so games with some of these guys, so its different this year compared to last when you knew you'd have a guy for just one season.

For me it'll be HB Shaun Draughn. The guy isn't flashy, doesn't have great speed and isn't a big break tackle guy. But he's consistent. 4 to 6 almost every time he touches the ball, few if any fumbles or drops and an absolute beast inside the 10. Work horse would be the applicable term. Despite splitting carries with Clancy this year he still came close to breaking the school record for rushing (which he set last year). He also broke the school's record for rushing touchdowns in a career. He might have been a Heisman candidate this year if it wasn't for the sims. He was on the board in Week One and Two and then fell off.

I won't miss TJ Yates. Fuck that guy. Just throws too many balls that are no where near where they are supposed to go, and if a lineman sneezes on him he goes down or throws a floater.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

It depends who leaves...I could miss my entire team. Of the seniors though, definitely HB Graig Cooper who was simply the best RB in the league thru the 1st 2 seasons of TT1

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Graig Cooper, blah that guy didnt do shit against me, probably because he didnt have to though.
    As for Clemson we are going to miss our 6 defensive lineman who are leaving the team the most. All these guys can play, and its a huge help when you dont have to blitz to stop the run. Im also going to miss my two starting corners, big drop off after they leave. Next year will be tough for the Clemson D.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nobody of any Real impact is leaving.....I have a very young team.

Tireiron is leaving but inserting JuJu is almost the same thing.

I am afraid one of my RBS is going to want to transfer....I like em all but they all can't play. I mixed it up all year with them with Ogelsby being the lead guy b/c of his trucking and BTK.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah he only had like 60 yds and a td on 12 carries or so. we really only ran about 30 plays from scrimmage. we had 2 defensive TDs and 2 long gainer TDs and the rest of the game you had the ball lol

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

My three senior DL both DEs and a DT and SS Berry he was beast like this season.

Otherwise we will miss our two Senior TE's.

Man we lose alot of players and we were only B+ to begin with. Next year is looking down at the big T.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Draughn is a fucking handful...that kid is consistently good...he was always eating up yards when we played it seemed...like u said, nothing flashy.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LE Derrick Morgan- While he never put up impressive sack stats, we feel we made him a force rushing the passer and stopping the run. He had totals of 17 and 15 tackles for loss in two years and we feel he's a complete end. Losing his production, as well as my other 2 SR ends will be rough to say the least.

MLB Brad Jefferson- Losing Jefferson to the pros is going to hurt the middle of my defense. He was a star here. He had 108 tackles, 18 for loss, 5 sacks, 2INT's on the year. He improved on getting to the QB this year which he didn't do last season. He's the leader of my defense honestly and while Taylor gets all the pub, Jefferson does all the dirty work.

CB Mario Butler- He was my best cover corner with the best speed of my CB's. It looks like I won't be able to play so aggressive with my CB's next year losing Butler out there gave me a bit of wiggle to play almost any defense I wanted.

FS Cooper Taylor- Rated 96 with 95 speed, I feel Taylor won't be here any longer. I hope he'll come back but he's simply ready for the pros. He had 92 tackles and had 21 for loss while intercepting 8 passes, tying his total from last year. His playmaking ability was unquestioned.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

I will not miss your DE's.

Tennessee will be young next year but with the recruiting by the VOLs they will be a force down the road. Lots of speed in Rockytop.

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

Alabama lost 21 Seniors in 2009. With the 9 of 11 on defense changing out. The 2010 squad was able to replace these guys with the same kind of talent.

What is going to missing for 2011?

MLB McLain -99 overall, I really liked playing with him able to shed blocks, great speed, casued fumbles. He will be missed.

QB Greg McElroy - His awareness will be missed, really settled into the QB position in 2010 after a shaky start in 2009. The guy was more accurate than his numbers and had just enough arm strength to get it deep and enough speed to elude the rush. QB Star Jackson will be an adventure next year.

OL -- these giants are slowly graduating the full effect wont be felt next year but these guys have been great.

Jumping to the NFL....

HB Mark Ingram.. Has carried the load for the Tide the last 2 seasons. Breaking the school record for rushing both seasons. As good as Ingram has been he has got hurt at the worst times (User games) and his one fumble this season still replays in my mind. If he goes we understand he is ready and has nothing left to prove at Alabama. If he stays will be 99 ovr and break some all-time records at Alabama and HB Trent Richardson will have to wait another year.

WR Julio Jones... Big physical receiver set and broke his own record in my two years with him. Will be greatly missed if he decides to go pro. If he stays has shot at Heisman.

11. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Auburn.....

OL.....I will have to replace a very seasoned offensive line who started 5 seniors this year...

QB: Kody Burns- He was not stellar but always seemed to make a big play when necessary...Tyrik Rollison takes over next year and is a similar athlete so I should not see to much of a drop...(fingers crossed)

SS.(McNeil)..Very solid player with good credentials....

DE--(Haggans)..All-American DE with 22 sacks...I'm hoping a sleeper DE I picked up with High (B) speed, (B) block shedding and (B) tackling can fill in the void...Remember the name Calhoun

Will be a down year for the Tigers....

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

SS Reshad Jones. This year when CB Branden Smith went down, Jones played a better corner than Smith does (not even close. Smith may be the most underachieving player I've had on any team, ever). In between he played his typical awesome SS. The type of player you only find in the SEC, or possibly on USC.

Everybody else can take a hike. My team was just sort of anemic this year. HB Richard Samuel... Junior... guessing he will make a play to go pro. He won't get a 5-minute argument out of me. O.k. maybe he will but.... He may have 99 acc on paper but by the time he gets 2 steps there's always somebody draped on him. I liked his style as the backup, but as the starter you need to hit the hole. Against the cpu he's fine but didn't do anything in any user games. I'm longing for the day (it will be next year :) ) when people say they don't wanna face my RB again. When I had Caleb King ppl said that.