So You Want To Run a Solo Dynasty?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by PIG BOMB, Jul 7, 2013.

1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

The biggest question is, what school do you take?

Assuming you want a challenge and need some ideas I’m here to help! Let me share my method of school selection and my top 5 teams to crank up a solo dynasty with this year. I've played NCAA since its’ inception and I love to run a solo dynasty based on the current coaching carousel.
    The first thing I do is make a list of all the teams who had coaching changes. One of these schools is going to hire me to be their new coach. It just feels more real to select a school this way. Once I have my list of potential schools I apply my method to find a new job.

Coaching Changes
    [​IMG]

Pig Bomb’s Solo Dynasty Selection Method

Step One
    I want a challenge, and it really has to be a challenge to keep me playing until next July. This means I need recruiting to be hard. If you recruit the top class in the country right out of the gate you’ll be winning titles in no time and where is the fun in that? Step One is to eliminate all the schools based in the recruiting hotbeds of college football. That means say goodbye to Texas, California, and Florida. If you take a school in these states the challenge of building a dynasty to remember takes a hit. Even if your school only gets the leftovers, there are just too many studs, cut schools in these states.

[​IMG]

Step Two
    Football is all about competition and beating cupcakes is for sissy boys and Boise State. Step Two is to eliminate all the teams from weak ass conferences and any independents. I like to play for league titles and NCAA titles, but you can leave in an independent if you customize your schedule so that it has “A+” difficulty every year! I like to play against the top teams and earn respect for my school by playing top level competition, not New Mexico. After I get rid of these small time schools it’s on to the next step.

[​IMG]

Step Three
    Think back on the history of football and recall all the coaches that inherited a team that was already a national contender. I don’t want to be one of these coaches that is gifted a national powerhouse program by some coach that left for the NFL, and neither do you! Step Three is to eliminate all the schools that already built for a title run. In fact, I eliminate all the teams in the top 30 preseason polls, schools from last year that finished in the top 25, and any school that has won a natty recently.

[​IMG]

Step Four
    College football these days is fast and exciting so I like to play that way. Step Four is to eliminate schools that are built for a Pro Style offense. If you like running a Pro Style offense, then wait a few more weeks and buy freaking Madden. This is NCAA baby and it’s all about offenses like the Spread Option and the Air Raid. Every school seems to have something unique about the way they play, so I like to take a school that plays college style football. Boot all the Pro Style fuddy-duddy teams and it’s almost time to sign a new contract!

For NCAA 14 the Top 5 Schools to run a solo dynasty are Boston College, Colorado, Kentucky, NC State, and Tennessee. Now consider mascots, uniforms, and which school has the hottest co-eds and you have your school. Grab one of these teams and build a national powerhouse. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 12
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Good stuff.

Sometimes I will break rule #1 and take a challenge like San Jose State even though it's in California. See if my recruiting is enough to take on the big boys like USC, UCLA, Stanford, and the rest of the PAC12. I will also make sure to schedule all the big boys in the non-con and see if I can knock them down a few pegs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

great stuff here.. thanks for posting that!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Well I guess one perk of having a bad football team is that I can always play in a offline dynasty with them and make them a power again.

Good post though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i started a solo dynasty with a team i created using TeamBuilder... input my own logo, and created the entire starting roster with my friends names. i chose 'average joes' to base their ratings on, so didn't really touch anything to make the guys better. swapped my team with Wake Forest, and started going crazy. got blown out by Georgia Tech in my first game, lost to Virginia Tech and then FSU. all in all, pretty fun playing with my friends names popping up on screen, and my own custom uniforms.

solid read, PIG BOMB, well done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I plan on rebuilding Colorado at some point this year.

Step 1?

Banning hippies from Boulder

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Quattro

Don't worry they've all moved 30 minutes West

10. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I'm just glad they're not in the Big 12 anymore so I can play with them. I've always liked their uniforms and their stadium. CU used to be a storied program. I shall bring it back!

I can't ever beat K-State with a clear conscience

• Like Like x 1
  11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Boulder would be a ghost town without hippies and hipsters.

12. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

I chose Georgia State to run my off-line. I just went with lowest rated team, for an easy selection.

13. Quattro

Signed,
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373317634.768798.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

One of my faves...after beating 1-7 Kentucky lol

[​IMG]

15. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I'm considering starting a dynasty with someone other than my Alma matter NC State just because I always run one as NC State.
    Many years ago I ran one with Colorado State that I still think about it today because it ended being so fun.
    Probably the most fun I've ever had in a solo dynasty.

Right now I'm leaning towards Tenn. - A few years ago I worked for a company (Total Sports) that did internet coverage of various college teams before they turned to publishing as their focus. I got assigned to Tenn. and had a blast flying out there to cover their games. Amazing tradition and atmosphere.

16. Quattro

I'm starting to doubt your judgement abilities...haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

19. Quattro

Vanderbilt = Nashville, Tennessee

• Like Like x 2
  20. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Well, shit! Insert foot into mouth... Post deleted.

• Like Like x 1