SOCOM PRESEASON OUTLOOK 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

SOCOM PRESEASON OUTLOOK 2012

What are your expectations for the 2012 season (projected record as well)?

Team Strengths

Team Weaknesses

Key losses (players) from last season (as best as you can remember)?

Key returning players ?

Do you have any freshmen that will impact your team this season?

Recruiting focus for this year?

Biggest game on your schedule?

Team Motto for 2012:

2. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Trip to our 4th straight conference championship and ultimately a trip back to the BCS Championship. Tough task for both but if we can finish and play consistent like we can, we should find ourselves happy in the end. U can tell you what record we need to have to accomplish both goals. With that said I can see us losing atleast 1 game...13-1 finish.

I would say our offense right now before spring ball. Sure we lost a rack of talent starting with All-Everything QB John Chiles. You don't replace a guy like that who won the Maxwell, O'Brien and All-American Awards. We have some guys that have been chomping at the bit to play, especially at HB. I think we may have one of the deepest backfields in the nation. The receiving corp should be solid so we will need to see how they fare in the spring. The QB position is a toss up right now, we are going to have open competition between RS Freshman Johnny Sanders and Senior Garrett Gilbert.

We don't view it as a weakness right now, but you probably could say our defense. Make no mistake our defense will not be a slouch, but it would be hard to out do what the defense of 2011 did. Forced six shutouts, ranked #1 in every major stat category, fewest total yards allowed, pass yards allowed, rush yards allowed and points scored allowed with 113.

All-American, Maxwell & O'Brien Winner - QB John Chiles (92)
    All-American - HB Fozzy Whitaker (98)
    FS Earl Thomas (99)
    SS Blake Giddeon (93)
    CB Ben Wells (95)
    CB Christian Scott (95)
    ROLB Emanual Acho (96)
    LOLB Keenan Robinson (98)
    RE Dravaanti Johnson (92)
    LE Russell Carter (90)
    RT Kyle Hix (99)
    TE Greg Smith (93)
    HB Cody Johnson (97)
    DT Tyrell Higgins (95)
    DT Kheeston Randall (90)

MLB Maurice Bailey (95)
    LOLB Tariq Allen (96)
    ROLB Ryan Roberson (94)
    RE Alex Okafor (96)
    HB Tre Newton (97)
    FS Kenny Vaccaro (93)
    RG Mark Buchannon (99)
    WR Dan Buckner (96)
    WR Desean Hales (96)
    WR DJ Monroe (93)
    WR DJ Grant (93)
    CB Marcus Davis (94)

RS Freshman QB Johnny Sanders will get some reps this year and chance to possibly start.
    RS Freshman CB Charles Bryant will start at the 2nd CB spot
    Freshman CB Luis Mason will see action at the nickel spot.
    Freshman T Mike Davis will start at the LT spot

It will be likely that none of the other incoming Freshman will start. This may change once we see them in spring ball.

FS Tim Moyor will be a star in the future but he will not see any action his first year on campus.

We simply reload...We will add more depth to receiver and our d-line. Our secondary should be solid for years to come but we are always on the lookout for talented players to bring in.

Our conference games are always tough and without a doubt they will be the same this year. I have to go out of the conference on this one though since its an early test.

@ Georgia

This game will be tough because we will be tested early bringing in a team who doesn't have an identity yet. The fact that its on the road makes matters worse. We are currently 2-0 versus the SEC but will have a tough time making it to 3-0.

Finish!

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

What are your expectations for the 2012 season (projected record as well)? I expect to put together another strong recruiting class and hopes to take and build a consistent winner in the big 12 (8-4)

Team Strengths
    I think we will have a strong running game with Childs. Enough of a passing game to take and establish a decent enough of an attack in the passing game to be able to win some games this year

Team Weaknesses
    Weakness will be the passing game. Hopefully next year we will be able to take and build a great passing game

This is really easy that would be Dold. Its really hard to take and lose a 2k yard rusher. Hope Childs can take and step into that role and get a running game going again

Key returning players ?
    Would say Childs would be. He didnt see alot of action last season but when he did he contributed in a big way

the #1 MLB we took from Texas. Anthony Lewis will be starting this season right off the bat. Also looking for Trevor Gray our wr we got this last season to contribute this season

Recruiting focus for this year? Qb, Wr and oline. Really need to get that passing game going. We got 3 CB and a Mlb last season so time to build the other side

Biggest game on your schedule? Oklahoma. But iowa is the most hated one we have

Team Motto for 2012: Finish what you start

4. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Big12 Championship, anything short is a bust.
    10-2

Depth at running back, Playmakers at LB

Lack of experience at QB, lack of playmakers at WR

The biggest blow to the team was redshirt sophmore QB Cody Green deciding to turn pro with 2 years of elegibility remaining. Green would have been an early season Heisman candidate.

99 OVR MLB Will Compton. The man is a tackling machine. He hit the century mark in tackles last year.

We are relying heavily on freshmen in the nickel and dime packages. Although he is going to serve a backup role, :5stars: MLB Moss will do great things.

We have done a tremendous job replenishing an aging team with young talent. 48 of our 70 players will have 3 or more years of elegibility remaining!

Recruiting focus will be on playmakers.

Gotta circle week 13, our regular season finale vs Colorado. Last year it was an extremely tough game and it decided the North. This time we got them at home.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

13-0: However, we cannot do what we did last year. Get cocky. That was our problem and we have solved it this off season. We set our goal high. We would love to go undefeated and win the National Title. If we can't, then we will try our best to do the next best thing.

Team Strengths

The defense

Team Weaknesses

Inexperience at the QB position

Jordan Jefferson & Terrance Toliver

Key returning players ?

Offensively- HB Michael Ford, WR Doug Castillo and TE TC McCartney
    Defensively- The whole D-line, MLB Kevin Minter & FS Craig Loston

CB Seth Collins

Offensive weapons-QB, HB & WR

@ Florida

Team Motto for 2012:

Play smart, not flashy.

6. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Georgia Bulldogs

Expectations

SEC Championship and a shot at the National Title. Every year Georgia comes in with high expectations and this year is no different. We Need To Beat Florida!

Strengths

The offense. It should be good this year, we have a lot of weapons.

Weakness

A young and inexperienced O-line for the most part.

Key Losses:

My whole O-line.

Key Returning players:

All my Offensive Weapons, Starting QB Mettenberger is now a Junior, Top two RB Thomas and Renner are back as Seniors and Top 3 WR are back Brown, King and Charles and my TE Lynch is back all players in the 90's.

Recruiting Focus

Will definately need to land a big time HB or two

Biggest Game:

Florida, even though we got a big game against Texas early, Florida game will make or break our season.

Motto:

Beat Florida!

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Just survive

Being a new coach, I really can't comment on how my team will do until I get a chance to see them on the field.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

What are your expectations for the 2012 season (projected record as well)?COLOR]
    We expect to compete for an SEC Championship. I am not sure if we have that ability to fight adversity in games to be a National Champion. That will be found out real soon thoogh. 10-2 projection.

Team Strengths
    Our O-Line is littered with guys who are high caliber. Some have seen extensive time, some havent. I feel like we are gonna lean on them quite a bit. I also like our starting LB's, I feel like they will give us some production. Also, we return Green he's a monster on the edge run or pass.

Team Weaknesses

Inexperience as a whole. We are starting so many new guys. NO excuses though, this is Florida it's time for them to do their jobs.

John Brantley
    Jeff Demps
    Chris Rianey
    Deonte Thompson
    Jaye Howard
    Moses Jenkins
    Justin Williams
    Jonathan Phillips
    Will Hill
    Lorenzo Edwards
    Dee Finley
    Earl Okine
    Steve Wilks
    Lerentee McCray

Key returning players ?

William Green preseason all-american, Omar Hunter DT, Mike Gilislee will tote the mail this year at RB, Andre Debose WR, Desmond Parks TE, Beal MLB and Jeremy Brown at CB.

That kicker we got came in ready and will be a four year starter, he almost won the punting job as well. Really happy with that one.

DE's, WR, and game changers at any position.

Any and every SEC contest. We also have a big one with Nebraska. They are well coached and nasty on defense.

Team Motto for 2012:

No Ceilings!!!!!!

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Alright Tebow...cimma-down now

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Tennesee, Miss st., alabama, oklahoma, TAMU let's here it!

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

~To contend for the SEC Crown. No more bottom of the barrel for us, nuh uh! 11-2 with an SEC Championship and gimme some BCS Bowlllllllllllllllllllllll

Team Strengths
    Everyone on the field and on the sidelines....we have no weaknesses...omit this next question.

If we had a hole, it's been filled.

Key returning players ?
    Everyone that was here last year...

Yeah, that coach from Florida...his daughter joined our locker room...she's heating things up for us!

Dominate recruiting...#5 CB Derrick Faulk commits to Tennessee as I type this

Fuck Florida in Neyland

Team Motto for 2012:

Fight for Every Inch

"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing"

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Classic what bit your *** today? I like it I like it!

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Lol...gotta tell my defense that doesn't mean to be giving up inches...

14. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

This is the best team that I've had a Bama. Anything less than a trip back to the SEC Championship game would be considered a failure. (1 Loss)

Team Strengths

4 Major Strengths -

QB -

Star Jackson is in his 4th year at Alabama. He is clearly the leader and captain of this team.

O-Line -

LT Barrett Jones (99), RT DJ Fluker (98), All-American Guard Clint Carrington (94), All-American Center Terry Patton (97) and Guard Eric Williams (90) should be able to allow Trent Richardson to have a fantastic season.

The interior of the defensive line -

Defensive tackles Brandon Moore (99) and Marcell Dareus (99) should be able to get pressure up the middle and control the opposing running game. This will be very important against backs such as UT's Oku.

Secondary -

We have 4 All-Americans (4 rated 99) in CB BJ Scott, CB Dre Kirkpatrick, FS Mark Barron, and SS Robby Green. This has to be the best secondary in the country. I expect big things from this group!

Team Weaknesses

The kicker. I'm not sure he has the leg strength to kick a 40 yard FG. This could cost us.

RB Mark Ingram - 2nd in Heisman Voting
    WR Marquis Maze

Key returning players ?

Too many to list. We have 11 returning starters on defense and 7 on offense.

We have one. Freshman WR Eugene Alexander. He is 6'5 with great speed. Comparisons are already being made to a LSU receiver that had a pretty decent season last year.

Quarterback. Jackson is a senior and his backup is a junior. We have nothing behind them. We need to get a least 2 quarterbacks in this year's class.

LSU

Team Motto for 2012:

It's Our Time....

15. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Get to 3rd place in the SEC West and knock off either Bama or LSU. Predicted record: 8-4

Team Strengths:

Players on offense. QB Tyler Russell, Laron Byrd, Chad "Mississippi" Bumphis, Montrell Conner. This team is solid on O.

Team Weaknesses:

DEFENSE. Can we play any...?

Yeah...we lost some dudes on both lines. We are thin there.

Key returning players ?

All the guys on offense and Fletcher Cox, last year's Lombardi Award winner Fletcher Cox.

True Freshman SS Taylor Mays (I pretty sure that is his name - really) will need to grow up fast in the secondary.

Getting better on D.

Ole Miss in Oxford. Winning the Egg Bowl again could mean 3rd place in the West and a trip to the Outback or Chick fil a bowl.

Team Motto for 2012:

MORE COWBELL!!!!!!

[youtube]q4royOLtvmQ[/youtube]

16. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

[​IMG]

TAMU looks to finally over come the hump and win the conference and go to the national championship. Why would we expect less? We want to go unbeaten and go 14-0 its possible if we can play sound, fundamental football.

Team Strengths

The Offense. Dorman will get his first start and lead a talented back field and reciver core. We are pretty solid up front also. Line avg is 3bills and over all is 90+

Team Weaknesses

Possibly the defense, we wont really know until we face hated rival Arkansas in week1. we lost some great players in our D-Line and LB cores.

QB Ryan Tannehill - kid was great player kept us in a lot of ball games last year.
    TB Cyrus Gray - kid kept his motor running 24/7
    All our SRs on defense

Key returning players ?

QB- Dorman - Pre-season all american
    TB- Michael - Power back should help give a 1/2 punch with Swope
    TB- Ryan Swope - RS last year to help us provide depth this year.

Maybe a couple freshman in the secondary.

Just Bring in more talent, build championship teams

Well Texas because plain and simple we hate them. GIG EM!!

"Bring the Juice!!"

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

chime in and see how accurate your prediction was

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Pretty accurate for me

19. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

8-4 for Mississippi State, not bad. I thought Outback or Chick-fil-a and we end up in the Cotton Bowl. Good year.

20. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

We finished regular season 10-2 as predicted, we won the CCG... meeting our team goal.

We also relied much more heavily on the run game than the year before because of our inexperience at QB.

It was a great ride! This year Nebraska will be looking to maintain the high level of play.

21. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Didn't accomplish our goal we set out to but we ended the season on a high note and learned a few things this season that will help us next year for sure.

22. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

Didn't accomplish our goal we set out to but we ended the season on a high note and learned a few things this season that will help us next year for sure.

23. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Didn't accomplish our goal. Hope to do it next year.