SOCOM?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Coach KO, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I am fairly certain Claven said he was a SOCOM junkie but I was wondering if anyone else was picking up this game? Their clan system was a ton better than COD (atleast it was not sure what its like now). This game actually got me hooked on playing games online.

I know Backlash is COD junkie but maybe he would consider switching.

2. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I love you too :doodie:

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I'm buying Socom. Though the Beta so far is disappointing to what Socom once was. It's more like a mixture of Socom/COD/Uncharted. The game has grown on me over the days. It's atleast better then COD.

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I already preordered it. Im not buying the stupid gun though. Seems like a waste of cash. Besides, my son would walk off with it.

6. backlash

backlash DA BEARS

Well I actually have always been a Socom diehard since Socom 1, just a COD junkie of late. Socom was how I got into online gaming with Socom 1. That said, I've had the private beta to Socom 4 for weeks now...it sucks. I've always been a Socom guy, COD games used to be just something to bide my time until the next Socom. Socom 1 and 2 were great. Socom 3 was great, but it was a step back from the first 2. I played all 3 almost religiously (CA was Socom 3 with more maps).

Confrontation was the first PS3 Socom and Zipper was no longer the developer...instead it was given to Slant Six, who designs the PSP games. The game was unplayable during the beta stage and was unplayable for weeks after launch. It killed the fanbase. Socom Confrontation ended up being an ok game a year after release, when the "big patch" and DLC hit...too bad it hit right as MW2 launched. Socom 4 to me is trying to be something it isn't. They ruined the game by trying to cater to larger audiences and it is NOT Socom.

The entire feel of the game stinks. It feels like a 3rd person version of MAG. They combined components from MAG, COD games, Uncharted 2, and even Battlefield to try to optimize sales. It may work, it may not. What it definitely did is alienate the original fan base, because this game is not Socom. It has potential to be a good shooter, but it will never have the distinction of being a Socom game in the eyes of any Socom veteran.

Sadly enough it appears Socom is dead, unless they adjust Socom 4 with the key aspects we all loved about every one of it's predecessors. I wrote a pretty lengthy review on the beta if you'd like me to post it. As it stands right now this will be the first Socom I will not have bought at launch. I am cancelling my pre-order in the next 2 weeks, if they don't make the necessary changes that the entire community is aching for. The game hits April 19th, so unfortunately I believe what we see in the beta is the final game.

Btw...one two the most disturbing parts are they removed DEMOLITION from the game and added a COD XP system. I mean wtf?!

• Like Like x 2
  7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Agree with with everything Lash said. Been playing Socom since the 1st one. Socom 1 & 2 I could stay up for almost 24 hrs non stop playing(wife hated it :D), Didn't like that they gave you only like 7-9 maps & then you had to buy DLC for more maps in Socom Confirmation. Socom 4 beta just doesn't feel right. I'm buy the game, but it will not be 1st day purchase, mabye a month later.

8. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Socom is still making games....lol

get COD, nothing better at the moment, I've been on the zombie tip lately

9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

When you say XP's, does that unlock guns? If so, Im not getting this game. I was hoping it would return to its roots. What a waste.

10. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Basically XP allows you to Rank up in which it will unlock Characters and Guns you can use. The more kills you get with a Gun that Gun's Mod level goes up and gets better. This part sucks because a fully modded SMG (Ex. F90) is just dirty. You can effectively use reflex scope and dual out Head shots from 100+ yards away with ease, with pretty much no recoil. On top of it SMG's are rather quiet even with out a silencer added and you don't show up on peoples mini-map. This game is not Socom. I think it's better then Call of Duty, but not my much. (that just playing Classic mode.) I don't think they will drastically change game. Zipper was bought by Sony so this game is Sony's fault. I think BattleField 3 is going to take a huge shit on this game.

11. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I've only played socom conf and i liked certain aspects and hated other aspects. I am a huge cod fan, so I may try it out.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Not in this league, but saw the thread as having posted most recently, so I jumped in. Sorry if I'm not supposed to be here. I've got to agree with backlash. SOCOM was what got me into online gaming. It was freaking awesome at the beginning. Loved the strategy involved. I'm not a huge team deathmatch kind of guy, so I really liked the fact that you couldn't run and gun if you wanted to succeed. After messing around with the beta last night, I'm ready to cancel my order, too. I don't know how to describe it, but it just feels "clunky" to me. It's like they threw a bunch of stuff at the game and hoped that everything would stick and be awesome. It doesn't work, IMO. I like the COD XP system, but I like it in COD, not here. I won't harp on, either, but just had to agree 100% with backlash. If the released game is anything like the beta, I may throw up in a bucket. Don't want to do that, so I'm just going to stay away from it.

It's a sad day when I feel like SOCOM just isn't SOCOM anymore...