SoCo's Best and Worst Team of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Jan 12, 2011.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Best Team of the Week:​
    [​IMG]

Georgia Bulldogs​

The Bulldogs clownstomped Iowa to the tune of 41-3. Lead by the strong arm of Aaron Murray (10-16 passing for 222 yards and 3TD's vs 1 INT) and the monster legs of Washaun Ealey (18 carries for 172 yards and 2TD's), the Bulldogs could do no wrong. What's more impressive was their ballhawking defense. Georgia picked off Iowa 4 times while holding their starting QB to a ridiculous 4-16 passing. With their total yards of offense under 250, the Hawkeyes would have need a miracle in order to beat Georgia on this day.

Coach:
    1) How were you able to force so many turnovers and make it such an offensive nightmare for Iowa?
    2) What does a win like this say about your team?
    3) What has impressed you the most about this squad?

Worst Team of the Week:​
    [​IMG]
    Miami Hurricanes​

On paper, it would seem that the Hurricanes would have dominated the Ohio State Buckeyes. 48 first downs vs 19 for OSU. 50% 3rd down completion vs 20% for OSU. 682 total yards of offense vs 380 for OSU. 17:03 time of possession vs 11:17 for OSU. Perhaps the key number that's missing is the five interceptions thrown by the tandem QB's of Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris. Or maybe it's the 1.04 YPC by their running backs. Either way, this was a huge setback for a Miami Hurricane team that thought they were a lot better than they showed in this game.

1) What did Ohio State show you differently than the gametapes, coach?
    2) How does the team move forward after this loss?
    3) Who will be your QB in the next game?

@bobjr0526
    @NDCOLTS1979

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

We got the Ints by playing smart. Our Dl was getting in there putting pressure on the QB and he floated a few. Worst part was we dropped 2 more ints. They are far from being a top 10 school. They lost alot from last year and cam in over rated

This just says that we are team to not be taking lightly. While Iowa isnt the strongest team out there we proved that we are not going to lose to a team we should beat this year. We played hard and it was nice that our backups got a chance to get in and play the entire second half of the game.

What impressed me the most was how we put everything together this week. We came out and played great defense. Our passing and running game was very strong and we played like we belong where we are at as a team this year

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

i love it nrg nice stuff bro

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    1) What did Ohio State show you differently than the gametapes, coach?

Ohio State didn't really do anything differently in this game than any other game. They are the number one team in the nation and that is for a reason. They have great athletes all over the field and we knew it was going to be a task to even compete with them. Unfortunately we made too many mistakes and had a few injuries during the game that cost us on both sides of the ball.

2) How does the team move forward after this loss?

Easy..tomorrow is a new day. Despite what your article states, this is not a setback for Miami. Our fans still love us and we have jumped our rivals on some key recruits. If we lost to someone like DUKE, I would consider it a setback. To be down 35-14 and battle back to 35-24 with less than 4:00 to go, and then throw a pick six (99 yard return), I think we battled hard. At least we can say we played a solid, great team and gave it our best.

3) Who will be your QB in the next game?

Right now it's going to be Jacory Harris, we will take a look at Highsmith in the next game. All the hype for Stephen Morriss has waned. Personally he needs a little bit more experience before he takes the reins.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

6. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

haha forgot we moved to a new week!

7. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

i'll update it after week 4

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

nice we ready

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Week 4​

This week was a tough one folks. We saw a lot of games that came down to the wire or were just solid wins from beginning to end. However, there was one victory that stood out:​

Best Team: Tennesee Volunteers
    [​IMG]

In one of two user-vs-user games for the week (NC State won a heated battle against UNC), the Volunteers defeated a Georgia team that is loaded from top to bottom. While many had Georgia making a major bowl game this season, no one could have seen the Volunteers shutdown this potent Georgia offense...but that was what exactly happened. Heralded QB Aaron Murray was held to 5-12 passing and two INT's for a shocking 80 yards. Washaun Ealey could only muster up 35 yards on 12 carries. On the flipside, the Vols ran wild with Taurean Poole, who accumulated 113 yards on 18 carries to go along with his two TD's.

Coach:
    1) Was your gameplan to just pound the rock against Georgia?
    2) What are your thoughts on winning the game with only 3 pass attempts? How is Tyler Bray's arm feeling? What did you think of his one incompletion?
    3) How was the defense able to contain Georgia so well?

Worst Team:
    Georgia Bulldogs
    [​IMG]

All you need to do is read what happened above to know why Georgia took this weeks award.

Coach:
    1) Did Tennessee throw different looks that you weren't prepared for?
    2) The fanbase is growing restless after 2-early losses. What are you telling your team right now?
    3) What was wrong with Aaron Murray today? He just didn't look like himself.
    4) Can you still win the SEC?

@onaradio34
    @NDCOLTS1979

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

No Tennesse didnt throw anything that we werent prepared for. We are looking for and offensive identity and we dont have one till this week.

Frankly i dont care what the fans think. They dont recruit they dont get on the sidelines. Nothing to tell them most have been here before so its nothing they arent used to

Problem with Murray is trying to get him the ball. We are no longer making him a focal point in the offense. He gets the ball throw to him he does he dont then to bad for him. I dont care if he likes it or not he can sit on sideline all year and pout like Oregon did after N.C game against Auburn. But coming from someone who hasnt won anything not to worried about it

Nope we just want to make a bowl game and move towards next year

11. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

12. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

lol the reporters always get crapped on by the coaches, especially upset coaches

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

14. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

1)No, our plan was to utilize Rogers and Hunter on the outside. Our D forced a few turnovers and we built a nice lead. Knowing that UGA could points up quickly, we just wanted control field position and clock. Tauren was just the best route to accomplish that.
    2)Tyler is fine. The UGA D was really coming after us, trying to get the ball back. I wasn't going to put Bray in that situation. He's only a sophmore for one, and two, there was no need for him to take hits with the lead we had.
    3)They made mistakes plain and simple. To say that was their best shot is an insult to that team and my intelligence.

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

next what you got nrg?

16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  17. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Best team of the week: UNC Tar Heels
    [​IMG]

Playing on the road and facing a hostile crowd, the UNC Tar Heels more than silenced the Hokies' fans...they silenced the doubters as well. This was a statement game that sent the message to everyone in the ACC that they are not to be taken lightly. Bryn Renner threw for 211 yards and 3 TD's on just 9 passes while Giovanni Bernard grinded out 86 yards on 19 carries. The defense also came big, forcing two interceptions that stalled crucial drives for Virginia Tech.

Coach:
    1) What was your gameplan heading into the game? Did you have to change it at all?
    2) What are your thoughts on Renners efficient day on the field?
    3) Despite giving up major yards, you clearly frustrated the Hokie's offense. How did you manage to do this?

Worst team of the week: Virginia Tech
    [​IMG]

Make no doubts about it folks, the 17-28 loss was a lot worse than it seems. A random fluke 80+ yard TD before the half got VTech on the boards and then a meaningless TD with time expiring gave VTech the other. Dropped passes on 3rd down, horrible throws that was the result of a clearly confused QB, the list goes on and on. The defense was absolutely atrocious as UNC found open guys down the field time and time again. "We were outcoached. Plain and simple," said coach nrg_qbz. "We fell behind early and had to abandon the running game. Perhaps we did it too soon to be honest." With a game with Navy coming up, VTech can only hope to put this loss behind them. "I think we're putting too much pressure on our qb. We have to go back to basics and run the ball more. You will see that from here on out," said nrg_qbz.

@cimmy34

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

1) What was your gameplan heading into the game? Did you have to change it at all?
    ~First off, the name is Cimmy24 son. Get it right or get out of my press conference. *Silence* Just kidding! Anyway, our gameplan was to control the ball and force the Hokies to throw the ball. We have outstanding kids on defense and they really gave our offense opportunity. Likewise, the offense controlled the ball and gave the defense time to rest on the sidelines and wore down the Hokies D.

2) What are your thoughts on Renners efficient day on the field?

~I couldn't ask for anything more from the kid. He played a great game and definitely was the leader of the Carolina Blue. We are going to give him more attempts down the road, but I wanted to break in the running game and be a run first program. I'm extremely pleased with what we showed out on the field.

3) Despite giving up major yards, you clearly frustrated the Hokie's offense. How did you manage to do this?

~You can give up yards, just don't give up enough. We played with a bend, but don't break attitude and we never snapped. We forced turnovers and most importantly stopped 3rd down attempts.

19. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

"Get it right or get out of my press conference. *Silence*"

LOL